Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road racing 2019

• 28-03-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

The beginning of the road racing season is almost upon us with the first meeting of the year being the Cookstown 100 on April 26th and 27th. Clubs will be hard at work behind the scenes putting everything in place to get the bikes on the road and riders will be hard at it preparing bikes, trying to raise funds and attract new sponsors.
    After a quick fruitless search i started this thread to discuss all things road racing.
    Below is the 2019 road racing calender.
    2v1au80.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Looking forward to the start of the season this weekend. Supersport should be a very interesting race. Shields for the big bike. Hope the weather doesn't let us down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Must make the Skerries 100 this year, been threatening to take the kids for the past few years and never got round to it, with some nice weather and a picnic I would imagine it could be a brilliant family day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭enricoh

Great to see kells back - if it happens!! Hopefully weather plays ball for the small clubs, think it's touch and go for the small clubs nowadays

Tandragee this weekend. Called the mini TT ,this circuit has it all . My favourite place to watch is the maga fast approach to Church corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jelutong

Cookstown 100 highlights on BBC One NI @10.30 pm on Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Cracker of a day at Tandragee. McGee was on fire, the Supersport race was as good as any I've ever seen, McLean was racing like a veteran ,pity he had an off and hope he's okay. Was trying to remember when southern riders were so dominant in the big race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭enricoh

Found this website has good coverage of first supersport n superbike race. Two cracking races-

https://uk.motorsport.tv/road-racing/video/tandragee-100-superbike/22067

Will be up early for this today . Interesting to see Seeley on the Duke, not a real road race like tandragee or tt or UGP but bloody quick. Will watch from just before speed trap on entry to university . We don't go to watch lads on the brakes.

Good nights practice on the island tonight. Everyone getting dialled in. Huchy had a spill but is reportedly ok, hope he gets back out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jelutong

Hour long highlights of Kells on itv4 Thursday 27/06 @20:00 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

BSB will be interesting now to see how Glenn Irwin does
    He got a bit of stick with Kawasaki

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

been going for a long time now to not all but a good few of the races, did anyone feel that Skerries was a shambles this year? why so long between races? I always go with a friend of mine who brought me to my first race he knows everything about the roads he left with 3 races to go at 3.45[ a few times we'd be on our way home at that time] i think it was, i have never seen him do this in the 30 years i've been going to races with him, he just got so fed up waiting around.

I think Skerries is always a bit of a lottery. It probably gets the biggest crowd of the southern road races and their not all there for the racing. I don't think any of the clubs want to run a stop and go meeting just safe ones. Myself I think skerries is no longer fit for racing, if anything ever happens on the two back roads it could be huge. (Hope it never happens).
    So Cork this weekend and then the big one UGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

roroliam wrote: »
    I think Skerries is always a bit of a lottery. It probably gets the biggest crowd of the southern road races and their not all there for the racing. I don't think any of the clubs want to run a stop and go meeting just safe ones. Myself I think skerries is no longer fit for racing, if anything ever happens on the two back roads it could be huge. (Hope it never happens).
    So Cork this weekend and then the big one UGP.

your right , for some years now i see the yobs with their bags of cans all over the place, this year i noticed a fair few dogs [who brings a dog to a road race]? roads still same width -bikes an awful lot faster you could be right there too,a friend of mine went to the Southern 100 and met a guy from one of the teams who told him that road racing in the south will end in the next 5 years due to insurance :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Reisers

Hickman 136.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Reisers

Conor Cummins deserves a good bike

Advertisement