Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preschool teacher issue. how to handle

• 23-05-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, just looking for advice on how to approach an issue that occured in preschool. My child is attending ecce. Last year we noticed an issue with her speech and the preschool were also aware of the issue. I took her to speech therapy privately to get an assesment . Its not a big speech issue but we find it hard to understand certain words / letters He attended SLT for a few months with slight iprovement. She stopped SLT but we intend to proceed with it again before school starts to correct this. Recently one of the preschool teachers told me she found her hilarous they way shes pronouncing certain things that day. She asked her to repeat it it front of me and laughed. Shes very innoncent and I found this degrading and it could have an impact on her speech awareness and confidence. I don't have any issues with the preschool or teachers in general but this has upset me the more I think of it. How do I go about adressing this with the preschool . I dont want the teacher to know i m complaining but I also don't want my child mocked and other children with developmental delays mocked either. I hope it was a one off. some advise on how i shoudl proceed with this. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm not sure why you wouldn't take the teacher aside yourself and explain that you didn't find it appropriate. Your both adults so you should be able to discuss it in a rational manner.

If you feel that strongly about it then approach the manager and raise the issue with them. You can make a complaint in private but as soon as the manager brings it up with the teacher and describes the incident she'll know who made the complaint.

Advertisement