Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-05-2019, 00:09   #1
mirwillbeback

The bad run.....

Ah lads, I suppose we've all been there where the luck isn't going for us, but.....

The past few days has been an absolute nitemare, cant land anything at all....

total of 7 doubles on the golf - all 7 let down by one leg
2 singles today on PGA 3 balls, both 1 ahead heading down 18, both lose
one horse bet, going well to two out, unseats
one greyhound bet , 6 clear off final bend, hare stops
an in running footie bet that went done after ONE minute

what do you do, re-evaluate how you make decisions, take a break, choose other sports?

no major financial loss, but **** me it's a head melter
Advertisement
21-05-2019, 03:05   #2
spurshero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwillbeback View Post
Ah lads, I suppose we've all been there where the luck isn't going for us, but.....

The past few days has been an absolute nitemare, cant land anything at all....

total of 7 doubles on the golf - all 7 let down by one leg
2 singles today on PGA 3 balls, both 1 ahead heading down 18, both lose
one horse bet, going well to two out, unseats
one greyhound bet , 6 clear off final bend, hare stops
an in running footie bet that went done after ONE minute

what do you do, re-evaluate how you make decisions, take a break, choose other sports?

no major financial loss, but **** me it's a head melter
I think when your on a run like this and every punter has been the best thing is to take a break and keep disciplined . The bookies will always be there. Go off do some other stuff just get away from the whole gambling scene . You also seem to be punting on everything dogs horses soccer golf . How much do u know about each ?? It’s really best to stick to the one or 2 that you know best . For me that’s gaa and soccer but I have plenty of losing days as well . Also
A good idea if you do a fair bit of punting to keep separate money for gambling . So you know exactly how your getting on and keep track of bets and see what ya make money on and what you don’t . It’s a difficult Game that s not for everybody . Good luck whatever way you proceed
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2019, 14:07   #3
ReturnOnBet

If your head is not right take a break for a week or two and personally I would advise only betting singles which will reduce your volatility and its the best way to maximise your profit in the long run.

If you are going to be placing a lot of bets on a wide range of sports without much research or pricing then I would recommend you put aside a separate amount of money for sports betting and bet singles for a stake of 0.25% if you are happy to have a stake in the outcome for a bit of interest and keep it fun without busting bankrolls regularly so that a handful of bets won't affect you so much.

Last edited by ReturnOnBet; 21-05-2019 at 14:12.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion