Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for wind instrument recording

• 12-02-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm trying to record wind instruments at home, using audacity for effects and an old laptop.
    I come from a classical background so need to keep the set up simple and using as little software as possible

Recently I tried a zoom r8 and was surprised at the quality of the microphone for recording flute. I then stupidly went and bought a "condenser mic" on Amazon for €25 and it's a piece of junk. Lesson learned.

Can anyone advise if buying an 8 track like the zoom one is the most practical way for me to record flute using the way I've described?
    I'm making simple ambient/electro-acoustic stuff with lots of effects so just need to get decent recordings. The SD card from the zoom straight to my laptop works great but maybe there are other ways?
    I know very little about technology...

Advertisement