Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

• 14-10-2012 11:48am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure if this is the right gaming forum for this but anyway
    Anyone playing Tapped Out? What do you think?

I'm enjoying it but I'm quickly realising that greater gains can be made by adding friends' cities

My username is faceman101 if anyone wants to connect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Battleborn

Yeah I've been playing it and think it's great I'll add you on there :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lockie83406 is my name if anyone wants to add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

bostoncrab is myself if ya need another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just started: wanosd620

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I've been playing this game for a while. Lord knows why lol Anyway...get to level 16. Start it today and BANG, I'm back to the start. Are you FCUKING kidding me?!! This happen to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try uninstalling and reinstalling and logging in with your Origin ID - if you had one. If you didn't, it's lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

SkinlessSnowman is my user name a poor level 9

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Ahh boo-urns! its not out on android :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

steve_r_ire is me!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paco451

Add me :-) Erichvh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

add tinner7777
    playing every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

hal9000 wrote: »
    Ahh boo-urns! its not out on android :(
    A bump cause this is now on Android (OK for a while now) I started playing at the start of the week and am level 10. It's quite fun but no Origin integration means no friends and the fear EA will screw up, wipe my town with an update and I won't be able to restore it.

Haven't bought any doughnuts (and don't plan on) however having played I suppose I'd pay a £5 for the game to make grinding doughnuts out easier but guess that means less money for the devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Its pretty nice. I would have just preferred to buy it outright and play it sim city style than have micro transactions. I noticed they have reduced the prices. Was £94 for 2500 donuts now its £70. Its showing in pounds for some reason. Maybe a sign its not making the money they thought it would make?

All the purchases are only cosmetic like TF2 hats so I don't really care about buying things and won't be.

The most annoying part is the lack of a challenge. If you could manage the city instead of just having to click on houses and people it would be more fun. I can see it getting boring. In saying that I'm at level 18 after about a week and a half..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

The game made over $23m last quarter, it's making plenty of money. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Jet Black wrote: »
    The most annoying part is the lack of a challenge. If you could manage the city instead of just having to click on houses and people it would be more fun. I can see it getting boring. In saying that I'm at level 18 after about a week and a half..

Agreed. It's really just a distraction, albeit a pretty one! I usually click in for a few mins each days to keep things ticking over.

I was reading a thread about Age of Empires yesterday, and as much as I loved those games, they require serious amounts of time. I'd love something as quick to use as Tapped out, but with a bit of a challenge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

What a horrible game. I played it for two weeks and had to remind myself I was sat inside a skinner (or should that be SKINNER!!) box. There is no challenge and no skill involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Another bump as origin now in android version. My username is MrBrocky

recyclops wrote: »
    Another bump as origin now in android version. My username is MrBrocky
    Tried to add you but it keeps failing, I'm neasanoneill there (AFAIK)

Keep getting this when I try and add anyone.

Edit. Its working now. Added you. Name is heymcflyx

8d5ca428-de12-4fe0-830c-cc9d35e54a15_zps79abfb67.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Tried to add you but it keeps failing, I'm neasanoneill there (AFAIK)

added :)

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    added :)
    Jaysus, my town sucks in comparison ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Woo irish neighbours!

My name is idigshovels

Ill be adding you all in about 5 minutes after I've finished learning country capitals for a quiz tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Jaysus, my town sucks in comparison ...

Now I really want to see theirs... I added those who put their names here. Anyone want to be my egg buddy for whacking day?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

gubbie wrote: »
    Now I really want to see theirs... I added those who put their names here. Anyone want to be my egg buddy for whacking day?

Egg buddy?!

Added you - username is niallom56

Jet Black wrote: »
    Keep getting this when I try and add anyone.

Edit. Its working now. Added you. Name is heymcflyx

That's some intensive house-farming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

tinner777 wrote: »
    add tinner7777
    playing every day

How do you add people , also presume everyone knows the cheat to get statue of jebediah Springfield

campo wrote: »
    How do you add people , also presume everyone knows the cheat to get statue of jebediah Springfield

The latest Google Play update includes Origin and Whacking Day. Origin allows you to create a profile and then you can add friends.

zachler wrote: »
    The latest Google Play update includes Origin and Whacking Day. Origin allows you to create a profile and then you can add friends.

Thanks just downloaded username jaycecampese

for anyone who wants to know the cheat make homer play with his Ipad then tap him 10 times to get the springfield statue

zachler wrote: »
    That's some intensive house-farming!

I know, I went a bit OTT. It was only suppose to be 14 brown houses and make $100 at a time, but I end up with 142 to make $1000 at a time.

• Advertisement

Added everyone thanks for heads up

Advertisement