Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stable/ Half Door for House

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

Does anyone know a place in Sligo where you can get a stable/half door (for house) manufactured and potentially fitted?

Thanks and Kind regards
    Natata

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

natata wrote: »
    Hi all

Does anyone know a place in Sligo where you can get a stable/half door (for house) manufactured and potentially fitted?

Thanks and Kind regards
    Natata

Hi Natata.

Is this an external or internal door? Im guessing internal, but in either case, A good carpenter will sort that out no probs. I can pm phone details of a cpl of chippies but would need to clear with them beforehand.

Its should be an easy and cheap enough job for sure.

Apart from private chippies, I think Kieran and Mc Goldrick at the quays made doors to order, if still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 natata

Thanks for the reply Kettleson.

It is actually going to be an external door. It seems fairly impossible to find any door companies to do them. There are some up north but they don't fit and I have been warned that external stable doors are tricky to fit so while some carpenters are willing to make them understandably they are not willing to fit.

Regards
    Natata

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

OP, you could give these a call. If they do sashes then half doors should be no problem.
    Found them in golden pages.

Heritage Sash & Joinery (Drumfin)
    Drumfin Co Sligo Co. Sligo
    (071)9167056

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

If no joy with Red Seans suggestion:

Is if for stables? Or similar type door to be used domestically?

If so, why not give McGarrys riding stable a call and ask them who makes and fits their doors?

Tel: 087 2304828

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Had an external stable type wooden door made a couple of years ago by Micheal at Swinford Joinery [old style, one man business and v.friendly]].If you get him to to it, get him to use Yellow Pine, rather than Red deal [no knots and it won't cost a lot more]. You will have to pick up and fit yourself or get good local chippy [who should accurately measure before getting door made].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭shane b

HI
    My brother got a a brown PVC half door as a back door for his house a few years ago. It allows you to swing the top half of the door inwards or tilt the window in at the bottom.
    Company called Britelight windows in Collooney.

shane b wrote: »
    HI
    My brother got a a brown PVC half door as a back door for his house a few years ago. It allows you to swing the top half of the door inwards or tilt the window in at the bottom.
    Company called Britelight windows in Collooney.
    Shane, I took it the OP was looking for a wooden door. Do they do them?

@ red Sean. You are correct about the type of door, re-read the second post by the OP . sorry about that.
    I dont think Britelight windows do wooden doors but Im not 100% sure. But I remember there was a company in Finisklin Industrial estate that dealt in wooden doors and windows. Came across them when the brother was pricing around. Dont know their name though.

@shane b, possibly Gray's Joinery???

Just done a google search the company is True Windows. Ive never dealt with them or dont know anyone that has but their website looks good.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, they do uPVC and composite, but not wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Kieran and mcgoldrick closed for years... Methinks same for grays joinery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

And brightlight have gone bust and owe me a door that should have been replaced under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 6 natata

Hi everybody

Thanks for the many suggestions! Yes it is to be used domestically and I need it to be timber.

I am definitely going to see if Heritage Sash & Joinery or Swinford Joinery could do it. I will update with any information I get.

Regards
    Natata

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Word of caution on timber doors.... They warp and are high maintenance....I have three external wooden doors last 5 years. Pain in but. Major

Timber doors should not warp. There may be quality issue there with the timber.
    I agree they need maintenance, as any natural material does, but proper sealing and painting from day one should be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shep1234

I have one here, soon to be replaced by tripple glazing, well oiled. in good condition, base in roscommon.
    natata wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks and Kind regards
    Natata

I have one, for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

err, bit late there

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dhaironthat

Shep1234 do u still have the half door for sale out of a matter of interest?

• Advertisement

Shep1234 do u still have the half door for sale out of a matter of interest?

No, went the same day, there is a place in Athleague roscommon who ill make you one..

shep1234 wrote: »
    No, went the same day, there is a place in Athleague roscommon who ill make you one..

You don't happen to have a name for the place that makes them? I tried googleing stable doors athleague but I don't know if I'm on the right track

You don't happen to have a name for the place that makes them? I tried googleing stable doors athleague but I don't know if I'm on the right track

Actually just got them thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

TJ Grady Joinery in Charlestown will make it and fit it I'm sure.

6781 wrote: »
    TJ Grady Joinery in Charlestown will make it and fit it I'm sure.

Thanks for all the help but I've decided against the stable door, I've had a joinery crowd out doing the windows and from chatting with the lads I'm not going there I'll stick with the pvc...thanks though for all the help

Advertisement