Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Restaurant quarter for Swords Pavilions

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

Haven’t been up yet but wondering what prices are like compared to other cities? Was in London recently and was astounded at what it cost for basically two burger meals and a coke each (nearly £40) and was thinking that won’t wash here surely? Especially considering you can get a nice early bird in plenty of decent restaurants for similar money :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Five Guys in Ireland is cheaper than the UK as far as I remember. UK (well, GB - Five Guys NI is the Irish operation) prices are absolutely bloody insane. May only be £=€ admittedly but that's ~10% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

ongarboy wrote: »
    Classic example of hype/style over substance. I think some "social influencers" started bombarding their social media accounts with OMGs when it was announced Five Guys were coming to Dublin because they ate at one while on a J1 visa in the US the previous year and the media just picked up on it and kept promoting it leading the unaccustomed to believe something seriously good was about to arrive on our shores. Similar nonsense with Krispy Kreme, Hollister, Boojum and other seemingly on trend businesses where the number of Instagram likes you get for taking a selfie while hash tagging the restaurant is far more important than the actual food/product...hence the nonsense queues and FOMO....

The one and only time I've ever had a Five Guys was fine - a nice burger but absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and more expensive than other similar burger type establishments.

This is was happens when we follow the advice of nitwits enmasse. We're becoming stupider by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Zaytoon opening next month, according to their Facebook update today.

I saw it was supposed to open yesterday but it's next Monday instead; they're doing 2 meals for the price of one on the day also.

Advertisement