Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Restaurant quarter for Swords Pavilions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I heard it was in the pipeline. The centre needs more places to eat, and Five Guys opening is a real bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

I heard it was in the pipeline. The centre needs more places to eat, and Five Guys opening is a real bonus.

Yes I remember seeing something about it a number of years ago. Great to see Five Guys going in, love the one in DD

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Delighted to hear about Milanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Where exactly is this extension going?

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Where exactly is this extension going?

I gather it’s more of a building modification than extension. From what I know the Milano will be located in the dead cinema space above where tiger used to be. A link bridge will be constructed from the side of Zara that stretches to the cinema area. Five Guys will be located in the upstairs of where JD sports is now. JD will relocate to where tiger was. https://ibb.co/ctFz4d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great news! We tried to go to Rubys in Pavillions on a Sunday afternoon around 5pm a couple of weeks ago and was told there'd be a one hour wait. We left and went across to Wright's instead which was also packed so more eating options are welcome. Considering Swords has a population of 40000, it has been underserved by restaurants.

Can’t seem to find any artists impression of this apart from the Milanos one. Tried the planning application but there’s none.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

lawred2 wrote: »
    Delighted to hear about Milanos.

I would welcome anything but Milanos, bland boring food :(

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I would welcome anything but Milanos, bland boring food :(

ok

lawred2 wrote: »
    ok

life is about opinions isn't it

I find Milanos is an easy (bland) middle ground and often comes up when the "where will we eat" conversation occurs

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    life is about opinions isn't it

I find Milanos is an easy (bland) middle ground and often comes up when the "where will we eat" conversation occurs

ok

I'm not sure what you expect me to say. I don't really care what your thoughts are on Milanos. Go or don't go - all the same to me. The Pavillions is terrible when it comes to dining options so an alternative to Nandos is to be welcomed.

If anything I would have thought another burger place added little to the array of options but ye know... it's Milanos that upsets you..

Out of interest - which franchise would you have liked in its stead?

Overreacting a little?

Anything to be honest, ideally not a franchise but that's unlikely

I do agree the current options are sparse

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Better off taking a stroll down the town and going to likes of J2 Japanese, pomodorino, sagamatha and Grill House. All been excellent last time I was in... Grill House in particular which is lebanese/Med. Find the pavilions options too busy and average.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Better off taking a stroll down the town and going to likes of J2 Japanese, pomodorino, sagamatha and Grill House. All been excellent last time I was in... Grill House in particular which is lebanese/Med. Find the pavilions options too busy and average.

actually going for dinner on wed and have never heard of grill house, might give this a look thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

Have been to the grill house twice and really enjoyed it both times. Just reminded me we need to go back!

Do note that its BYOB in case you didn't know and arrive empty handed hoping for some alcohol with your dinner!

Really hope they come up with a better solution for the glass roof covering that part of the centre. Sitting in Costa on a hot day is like sitting in a green house and is very uncomfortable. I would imagine milanos would be affected by this heat even more as it’s higher up and directly under the roof.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Really hope they come up with a better solution for the glass roof covering that part of the centre. Sitting in Costa on a hot day is like sitting in a green house and is very uncomfortable. I would imagine milanos would be affected by this heat even more as it’s higher up and directly under the roof.

That section of the centre is very hot and uncomfortable in the summer, but not a patch on Blanchardstown where you could literally pass out from the heat on the upper level. They all need to ramp up the air conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

A new place opened in Swords Main Street four days ago - Tara Cafe, down near the Swords Castle end of the street. Italian (pizza, pasta). Comfortable seating - booths and normal tables, white table clothes. Reasonable prices.

I only dropped in for a coffee and had a look at the menu and wine list - reasonable house wine under 19 e, also available in carafe and smaller, half bottles available in the other wines as well. Big jugs of squash for only €2! Regretted I had lunch elsewhere otherwise I would love to have tried it.

cbreeze wrote: »
    A new place opened in Swords Main Street four days ago - Tara Cafe, down near the Swords Castle end of the street. Italian (pizza, pasta). Comfortable seating - booths and normal tables, white table clothes. Reasonable prices.

I only dropped in for a coffee and had a look at the menu and wine list - reasonable house wine under 19 e, also available in carafe and smaller, half bottles available in the other wines as well. Big jugs of squash for only €2! Regretted I had lunch elsewhere otherwise I would love to have tried it.

I've seen it but would never have know it was Italian! Sounds great - I like Pomodorino but I think it's overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I've seen it but would never have know it was Italian! Sounds great - I like Pomodorino but I think it's overpriced.

Aye Pomodorino is pricey, only thing I have against it, tis hard to get out of there cheaply even if only eating a starter and a pizza with a couple of glasses of wine.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye Pomodorino is pricey, only thing I have against it, tis hard to get out of there cheaply even if only eating a starter and a pizza with a couple of glasses of wine.

lay off the starter and pizza and you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Completely agree, lovely food but very pricey. I had one of the special Pizzas of the day and it was €17.50 for a 10 inch pizza which is way overpriced. For a 12 inch I would have said that was ok but not for a 10inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Reading Kylemore's objection (and subsequent ABP appeal - a complete abuse of the planning process) is almost comical. They can't even spell. Overpriced, horrible and outdated, it'll do them good to have some competition.

The floor plans are extremely hard to visualise however.

Planning ref. is :F16A/0107

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Tara Cafe has been opened a few months, have been in there a few times. It's a nice little place for lunch.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Reading Kylemore's objection (and subsequent ABP appeal - a complete abuse of the planning process) is almost comical. They can't even spell. Overpriced, horrible and outdated, it'll do them good to have some competition.

The floor plans are extremely hard to visualise however.

Planning ref. is :F16A/0107
    Miserable place. No idea how they manage to stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

Miserable place. No idea how they manage to stay open.

How people eat that tripe they try pass off as a breakfast is beyond me! It’s like something from 20 years ago. Completely out of date.

Slightly OT, but after visiting today I noticed how incredibly outdated the car parking system is in the centre car park. Only 2 ticket machines at the main entrance that only accept cash. Outdated neon signs also for space availability.
    Considering Pavilions is owned by the same people as Dundrum tc with such a modern car parking system it’s surprising.
    Granted parking is free for 2 hours in Pavilions, it’s still pretty bad

Homer wrote: »
    How people eat that tripe they try pass off as a breakfast is beyond me! It’s like something from 20 years ago. Completely out of date.

Without looking at the previous post I just knew that this was about the Kylemore. Only thing going for it is they have plenty of space. I went in the other day had a look at the hot food and walked right out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Without looking at the previous post I just knew that this was about the Kylemore. Only thing going for it is they have plenty of space. I went in the other day had a look at the hot food and walked right out again.

I've never eaten in there it looks manky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Slightly OT, but after visiting today I noticed how incredibly outdated the car parking system is in the centre car park. Only 2 ticket machines at the main entrance that only accept cash. Outdated neon signs also for space availability.
    Considering Pavilions is owned by the same people as Dundrum tc with such a modern car parking system it’s surprising.
    Granted parking is free for 2 hours in Pavilions, it’s still pretty bad

The whole exterior is in dire need of a revamp. The traffic system lends itself by poor design to delays with two pedestrian priority crossings, a roundabout, two right turns into car parks which are almost always full and not to mention two lanes which are both too narrow and not enough space to merge properly with traffic coming in from the R132. An of course the first entrace into car park C is always closed / coned off.

The biggest pet peeve though has to be the countless selfish bástards who block the roundabout waiting in a queue for the small car park B in front of the main door. That carpark should be demolished and the tyres of everyone who does this should be slashed and stuck on spikes as a reminder to others how not to behave in public. This probably accounts for a significant proportion of the total use of my car's horn.

Advertisement