Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Off tomorrow after working all weekend, so have a load of games from nrl and super league to keep me going. Sounds like a few good uns to catch up on.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

some crackers...... Canberra were savage

Jason Taylor is getting the sack tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Jason Taylor is getting the sack tomorrow

Confirmed this morning he has been sacked.

Confirmed this morning he has been sacked.

Sounds like player power helped get him the boot (Tedesco, Woods and few others out of contract at end of season supposedly said they wouldn't re-sign while Taylor was coach?) haven't watched the Raiders thump them yet, but even so, after 3 games its pretty unusual to be sacking someone, even in football you'd get a couple more games, especially after they beat Souths first game.

Should be a cracker tomorrow morning, Rabbitohs will have to make do without Hunt, Burns and George Burgess who've all picked up bans. Don't think Burgess will be much of a miss, the games I've seen him in, he's been decidedly average.

Keary has looked good since Souths gave him the elbow and he ended up at the Roosters, dare say he'd like a good showing tomorrow to prove a point. Fancy the Roosters tomorrow (kiss of death).

• Advertisement

I think the Roosters are going to smash the bunny's

not going to happen , we got Cody moving back to fullback , Sutton moved into the halves , Farah and Cook will team up and got a secret weapon in Moceidreke coming off the bench. kid is a beast.

Blake ferguson and jake friend both out injured , rumoured they both ruptured their vaginas at training :D

Put this crowd in a smaller stadium and you've got got a fantastic atmosphere. Feck all atmosphere with huge empty spaces.

Not looking good brandnewaward

Edit:Rabbitohs much better last twenty of the half but couldn't score.

Roosters score again after Souths got on the board, couple of pretty forward looking passes in that Sydney try, back to 14 point lead.

• Advertisement

yeah the stadiums are too big but it really blows me away the lack of support at stadiums these days in Sydney (its much better in Brisbane and Melbourne , Canberra .) any way that's another conversation .

tips for this week boys :
    South v Roosters - well as stated earlier I thought the chooks would win this comfortably, early days but I reckon they could be Premiers material.

Panthers v Knights - Panthers comfortably

Broncos v Raiders - this is going to be a dinger I reckon ,going to go for a Raiders win

Manly v Doggies - Doggies all the way

Eels v Sharks - interesting this one, I will go Eels

Titans v Cowboys - Cowboys

Tigpies v Storm - Storm by a lot... the tigpies are a basket case

Dragons v Warriors- Warriors for me

whats your tips boys?

Panthers v Knights - Panthers

Broncos v Raiders - Raiders

Manly v Doggies - Sea Eagles

Eels v Sharks - Sharks

Titans v Cowboys - Cowboys

Tigers v Storm - Storm

Dragons v Warriors- Heart says the Warriors, though tbh I think the Dragons will sneak it.

/uneducated guessing.

Manly v Doggies - Sea Eagles

Tomm Mann you are breaking my heart every week you have backed against the Doggies

Tomm Mann you are breaking my heart every week you have backed against the Doggies

To be fair though, I usually put the mockers on teams I back! Nothing against the Bulldogs, I actually quite like them (apart from James Graham who strikes me as I being a bit of a tool)

To be fair though, I usually put the mockers on teams I back! Nothing against the Bulldogs, I actually quite like them (apart from James Graham who strikes me as I being a bit of a tool)

I am kidding no one other than doggies fans like the doggies it's something I have dealt with since I was a kid. Out of interest why do you support the Warriors?

I am kidding no one other than doggies fans like the doggies it's something I have dealt with since I was a kid. Out of interest why do you support the Warriors?

Picked someone out of the ordinary, only really got into the NRL last year but knew the Warriors were no great shakes, fuppin stupid decision when you know every season is going to be a disappointment. Warriors are really hard to watch because they have talent just don't look like they can be arsed half the time.

Picked someone out of the ordinary, only really got into the NRL last year but knew the Warriors were no great shakes, fuppin stupid decision when you know every season is going to be a disappointment. Warriors are really hard to watch because they have talent just don't look like they can be arsed half the time.

Ahhh that's a tough choice . I grew up in the Western Suburbs of Sydney so had a choice of loads of Sydney teams ( at the time it wasn't the NRL it was NSWRL ) my dad actually worked with one of the bulldogs. We went to all the games home and away. Golden era for me

Ahhh that's a tough choice . I grew up in the Western Suburbs of Sydney so had a choice of loads of Sydney teams ( at the time it wasn't the NRL it was NSWRL ) my dad actually worked with one of the bulldogs. We went to all the games home and away. Golden era for me

That's what connects you properly to a club, history, memories and family. I'm just playing at it.

Just looking at the Bulldogs recent ish history, wooden spoon in 02, win it in 04, then back to wooden spoon in 08! Bit of a roller coaster but plenty of highs to offset the lows eh?

Funny it's been steadier under Des Hasler but alot of fans want him gone the style is a bit bash bash. It's a pretty turbulent footy club at the moment. But yeah it's been a rollercoaster of a club for a long time . Could be worse my brother is a wests fan .

Panthers vs knights tonight....... ooofff this could be the game of the round. knights in golden point
    brinchokes vs Raiders.... Raiders
    Manly vs the dogs , Reckon dessie has a trick or two up his sleeve , dogs by 12
    sharks
    Cowboys
    Storm
    Warriors for the upset

• Advertisement

those Chocolate soldiers are starting to look good. A lot of people were backing them at the start of the season I'm starting to see why.

those Chocolate soldiers are starting to look good. A lot of people were backing them at the start of the season I'm starting to see why.

Poor old Knights on the wrong end of it anyway.

And the Broncos finally managed to win a tight one.

Sorry Kirk B, this is a shoeing from Manly so far. Bulldogs not at the races.

Edit: 26 nil at half time.

They are Pathetic. The rollercoaster rages on. Woodenspoon coming up.

They are Pathetic. The rollercoaster rages on. Woodenspoon coming up.

I got up at stupid o clock to watch it, not a great decision. There are three or four very ordinary teams this year that'll be battling it out for that dubious honour.

I was up at 5 to watch it . They were piss poor. Very frustrating. Reynolds Mbye and Abbey are a joke. Ah well you get accustomed to this when you are a doggies fan for the Last 35 years. Broncos are going to rip us a new one next week.

Watching this last game, Cowboys always seem to get a good share of decisions. Still some team though.

Watching this last game, Cowboys always seem to get a good share of decisions. Still some team though.

JT walks on water so cowboys can do no wrong . It gets interesting when they play storm and the refs get confused because they don't know who to give the 50 50s to.

• Advertisement

No surprise in the scorelines this morning, but the Tigers flew out of the blocks and gave Storm a game, Warriors however didn't ever really threaten the Dragons lead :(.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement