Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Guacamelee if you haven't played it. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just like with PsPlus, there is an offer this weekend where if you buy 12 months of PS Now you get €15 psn credit. Sony really trying to get new subs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't think Now has the legs for a yearly sub when new games will either be on plus or vice versa, can't justify having both plus and now subs. Wouldn't mind the odd month of Now to play what i want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just like with PsPlus, there is an offer this weekend where if you buy 12 months of PS Now you get €15 psn credit. Sony really trying to get new subs

Does this one apply to existing members too (unlike plus). I got the now email and I'm already subbed to now so assume it applies to all?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Does this one apply to existing members too (unlike plus). I got the now email and I'm already subbed to now so assume it applies to all?
    Looks that way going off the t&cs
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/legal/now12msceoy/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Guacamelee if you haven't played it. Great game!

I've played and platinumed both games. They are great games, everyone should give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

JimBurnley wrote: »

They should combine now and plus for €70 or €80.
    If you just want want either then €50.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I've played and platinumed both games. They are great games, everyone should give them a go.

I concur! The first was so good when I played it for free on either Plus or Now, that I bought the second the day it released. Really fun games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

JimmyVik wrote: »
    They should combine now and plus for €70 or €80.
    If you just want want either then €50.

Yup, it makes the most sense by far.

Might actually play that Avengers game now that it's on Now

• Advertisement

Boom. I knew holding out on Avengers would pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Was Days Gone on PlayStation Now or did I imagine it? Went to grab it and it's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Was Days Gone on PlayStation Now or did I imagine it? Went to grab it and it's not there.

It's Gone Days now.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    It's Gone Days now.

Don't bring my hangover back. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some games are only on it for a few months, then leave.

Penn wrote: »
    Some games are only on it for a few months, then leave.

I know but I thought Sony-published games would've been safe. I'm probably getting it mixed up with Xbox Game Pass.

I know but I thought Sony-published games would've been safe. I'm probably getting it mixed up with Xbox Game Pass.

No, it seems to be entirely by design. Maybe to entice people to leave their subscriptions rolling rather than just reactivating it for one or two months and blitz through every top game that was added, then cancelling it again. Space out good games and remove them in a rotating fashion so if people want to play them they need their sub to be active most of the time.

Penn wrote: »
    No, it seems to be entirely by design. Maybe to entice people to leave their subscriptions rolling rather than just reactivating it for one or two months and blitz through every top game that was added, then cancelling it again. Space out good games and remove them in a rotating fashion so if people want to play them they need their sub to be active most of the time.

That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it was asked, but if playing PS4 games through PSNow, do you get any PS5 upgrades or the free PS5 version, if available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Jeez, the Avengers game came pretty quick to their streaming service - just shows how badly it was received. I remember there being a lot of buzz about this before release - it all died away quickly after people realised it was a pretty standard enough game.

On a separate note - Does anyone else experience a freezing of their PS4 when using PS Now...? Seems to be a relatively new thing for me...I played Mafia last night from disc for an hour and that was fine, but as soon as I try PS Now, about 5 minutes into a game, the whole thing just freezes, my controller turns off and I need to completely reboot the console :confused:

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it was asked, but if playing PS4 games through PSNow, do you get any PS5 upgrades or the free PS5 version, if available?

Actually just saw something on this last night. The answer is no. Games like Borderlands 3 and Avengers, you get the PS4 version with no way to upgrade to the PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Jeez, the Avengers game came pretty quick to their streaming service - just shows how badly it was received. I remember there being a lot of buzz about this before release - it all died away quickly after people realised it was a pretty standard enough game.

On a separate note - Does anyone else experience a freezing of their PS4 when using PS Now...? Seems to be a relatively new thing for me...I played Mafia last night from disc for an hour and that was fine, but as soon as I try PS Now, about 5 minutes into a game, the whole thing just freezes, my controller turns off and I need to completely reboot the console :confused:

I noticed a lot of freezing yesterday playing The Avengers.
    Never had that freezing before when streaming.

Avengers isnt a very good game either. Glad I never bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was trying to download and install avengers last night, but it gave me an error saying it failed to install. I'm using Now on my US account. Anyone have this? Haven't tried another PS4 game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Noice, have been wanting to try Jump Force for ages, but never thought it would be worth the money. Happy enough with that. Will give SoR4 a go too, haven't played any since back on the SNES. And Nioh... not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

And I’ve been hoping for Nioh - very nice

I look at PS Now as just a collection of old games I never played or played once. To me, it's akin to having a collection of physical games, most of which would never be played again anyway. It gets the odd game or two I haven't already played/bought, but I don't expect much from it tbh. For €60 I think it's great value for what I expect!

Well you can't keep everyone happy! I'd also imagine that you're one of a few* looking for that. Sony knows that people like me, ie: people who don't play older games often if at all, are the majority I reckon. There's only a handful of older games I've played since, and that's only because I know the story is excellent and the gameplay, at the time, was excellent. But modern games make some of the older ones nearly unplayable, due to a more modern control scheme or QOL improvements in general.

* Yes, I genuinely believe the gamers who still want to play older games are in the minority.

Advertisement