Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

State of Origin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Blake Ferguson out of Origin II, charged with indecent assault on a woman in Cronulla bar. Was with Josh Dugan when it occured on the beer, these lads are just so bad for each other going on the last 2 seasons being filled with alcohol related incidents. Dugan has been cleared of any wrong.

On the other side, Dugan has been named in the NSW squad along with Aaron Woods from the Tigers, QLDs squad named soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Blake Ferguson out of Origin II, charged with indecent assault on a woman in Cronulla bar. Was with Josh Dugan when it occured on the beer, these lads are just so bad for each other going on the last 2 seasons being filled with alcohol related incidents. Dugan has been cleared of any wrong.

What is it with NRL players and alcohol? I know its not the only sport with a drink problem but its such an issue for so many of these guys, and as for their attitudes to women, like something from the 1950's. alot of work to be done with these players when they're up and coming I think, before the damage gets done.

Additions to NSW squad to replace Ferguson are Nate Merritt, George Tafua and another that i can't think of off the top of my head. The locals in Oz seem to have a major drinking problem, not knowing when to stop seems to be a huge issue! Seem with Beale and others in Union. Dugan and Ferguson were both on last warnings and now Ferguson's been temp de-registered from the Raiders so his future is majorly hanging in the balance.

Its a shame that a lot of these guys publicaly carry on like this, the recent one of the all merciful cock-ups was Dugan posting a picture of himself and Fergo on his roof drinking when supposed to be at a team recovery session on twitter, your just asking for trouble. But nevertheless far play to Dugan for showing some control recently and deservedly been named in the NSW squad instead of Hayne

But nevertheless far play to Dugan for showing some control recently and deservedly been named in the NSW squad instead of Hayne

True, played well against the cowboys this weekend...

Reckon at this point we could start an "NRL drunken idiocy" thread;

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ive-let-my-team-and-family-down-souths-star-burgess-sorry-over-vehicle-damage-charge-20130618-2of1u.html

Don't know what I find funnier/more pathetic, Georgy getting pished and fecking a road sign through the window of a car or the fact that the NRL has an 'integrity unit'...

• Advertisement

I cannot fathom how John Sutton isn't at least an interchange in the NSW squad, plays 5/8, Loose Forward and big enough for back row, would give NSW everything Corey Parker does for QLD and more, was outstanding this morning for Souths again as was Adam Reynolds. Seems te balance of power will drastically swing in the NSW direction as the years move on

Well, Origin 2 had a crushing inevitability about it. NSW totally out-classed/out-muscled and outplayed in virtually every facet of the game. I think the Maroons' winning streak looks set to continue barring an absolute miracle....NSW were game and there were some good individual performances to be gleaned among the rubble but they were utterly blown away today.

toomevara wrote: »
    Reckon at this point we could start an "NRL drunken idiocy" thread;

sigh...Now they don't even need to be drunk....Georgie 'bleedin' Burgess seems to be losin' the plot....

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/george-burgess-in-more-trouble-10295/

NSW side for game III: Josh Dugan, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, James Tamou, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen (c), Ryan Hoffman, Luke Lewis, Greg Bird. Interchange: Anthony Watmough, Andrew Fifita, Trent Merrin, Josh Reynolds, James McManus, Boyd Cordner, Aaron Woods

Still no John Sutton, who again showed why he should be there for Souths. Is a joke, delighted for Cordner tho, fully merited on performances. Hayne has pulled outta tomorrows Manly game and is in doubt for Game III, McManus in for Merritt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

NSW side for game III: Josh Dugan, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, James Tamou, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen (c), Ryan Hoffman, Luke Lewis, Greg Bird. Interchange: Anthony Watmough, Andrew Fifita, Trent Merrin, Josh Reynolds, James McManus, Boyd Cordner, Aaron Woods

Still no John Sutton, who again showed why he should be there for Souths. Is a joke, delighted for Cordner tho, fully merited on performances. Hayne has pulled outta tomorrows Manly game and is in doubt for Game III, McManus in for Merritt.

hayne has ruled himself out,big loss for NSW

• Advertisement
Advertisement