Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dart Pub Guide to ireland

Options
  • 29-01-2007 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

How about creating a sticky for all the dart friendly pubs in Ireland?

By the time the thread has died a natural death of inactivity, I'd say we'd have the ultimate Dart Pub guide of Ireland with a little bit of 'Copy and Paste' from our new moderator hee hee:p

Just add pubs that you know if you were throwing darts at a board on your own, someone will come up and play with you, and within 20 mins, you'd have a few playing. 9 times out of 10 the landlord has a very keen interest in Darts in these pubs.

Then you just print the list off, and hey presto, you can go on the beer and dart cruise of Ireland with your mates, and forget you were ever married at all:D

Here are the dart friendly pubs I know in East Mayo area.

Haydens 'The Keg', Charlestown
    Ruanes, Swinford
    The Sheep Walk, Swinford
    The White House, Swinford,
    Walsh's, Charlestown
    Morrisroes's (Old Forge), Cloontia (Carracastle/Rooskey)
    Davey's Carracastle
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brenlin

The best pubs in Mallow would be

Maureens Bar
    Moriartys Bar
    Monas Bar
    Dalys Bar
    Cavern Bar
    Bridgehouse Bar
    Mousetrap

The best would be Maureens as there is always somebody willing to play and if a team wanted to challange we would have 15 or 16 players on any night.
    Mallow League stats www.mtdl.leaguerepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Sligo:

The Ship Inn
    The Rendevous
    Cullens Bar
    Cahenys
    Feehilys
    Lauras or Brady's (Carney)

Can't think of any more right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

SW Donegal Area:
    Carrick:
    The Bridge Bar
    Teelin:
    The Rusty
    Cashel:
    Glenhead Tavern
    Roartys
    Kilcar:
    Kilcar House
    John Joe’s
    Killybegs:
    Fawltys
    These are bars that you can go into and have a game with no hassle of moving a pool table etc out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

County Roscommon

X

"The Tap"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Belturbet, Co Cavan

The Railway Bar
    The Yukon Bar

The Railway is a nicer pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

ucd su bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

The Olde Oak, Connaught St., Athlone, Co. Westmeath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Rosie O'Grady's - Borris-in-Ossory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tomasito

Do you know any pub with dartboard near to Ringsend. Have you any week tournament in any pub? Im on holiday in Dublin and I would like to play darts here. Thank you in advance for reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I know ALSSA sports club beside the airport has 4 dart boards, but you'd really need to be a member.

The Palace on Camden St has one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tomasito

I was in the Palace. I played after 3weeks so my game was terrible. Thank you very much for your advice. If you sometimes go to Czech Republic, contact me, we could go to play darts or I can you show Prague. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

We played a league match a few weeks back in The Lantren, Harold's Cross (which is nearer me than the pub I play darts for) so I went up there early to get some practice and was made feel very welcome and told if me and any of my friends wanted to come in for a game of darts we would be very welcome (if there is no league match of other event in it of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Any decent dart pubs in Kilkenny City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bobflatley

Firstly, before listing more dart friendly pubs I'd like to comment on a trend I have found in darts culture in general in recent years. It seems that for darts to thrive in an area that a number of players must be of decent/good standard. Taking Culchie's original list into account this holds true. Charlestown/Swinford area is one of the strongest for Mayo darts with three plus players consistently making the County senior (mens) team. The Sheepwalk team generally features prominently at the buisness end of tourney's they enter and the Whitehouse won a Mayo cup in the last couple of years that I know of. Pat Walsh always has good sides and a B team. The point is in other towns eg. Ballyhaunis there are virtually no darts played with no pub entering the cup competitions. It seems that a town or village needs to have a team which gains some success or to reach a semi final stage for the game to take off. This creates pockets of darts of good standard and a handful of strong teams which people who are socially interested must break into. Entering a team of handy but inexperienced players is not viable as the strong teams will come through. This can have the negative effect of losing decent young players to the game. Is this true of all counties?

Langans Bar- Kiltimagh
    Ryans - Kiltimagh
    Kilkenny's- Knock
    Gilligan's- Claremorris
    The Rendezvous- Ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 THEDON701

I have just moved to Dubin in the last few days and am living in the north side at the minute in Cabra. Anyone know any place in the area with a darts board. I want to get back into playing again before the tournament in Killarney in November.

Anyone interested in a player for their league team can also let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beastie bhoy

hi all i live in balbriggan in north county dublin i play in the rush town dart league the pubs with boards around there are
    milestone balbriggan(my pub)
    murrays bottom shop lusk
    murrays top shop lusk
    the strand bar rush
    the drop inn rush
    walshs bar rush
    colmcille's swords
    gladstone skerries
    i also play in the duleek and district league the other pubs are
    whytes stamullen
    o niells duleek
    the punt drogheda
    dolans drogheda(the best dart pub i ever played in, u play on a stage and they show all the match's on a big screen, darts heaven!!! and sound people too)
    smiths tallanstown
    vally inn
    boyne vally inn
    and carranstown
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DublinDutch

No good Darts in the Blanch area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DublinDutch

The Quay,Westport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

There is a pub in Windy Arbour with a darts board. Not sure of the name though. Has anyone played there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Ryans pub, Portlaoise great spot. Just refurbished and unlike most pub refurbs they kept dartboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whelan11

Im fairly new to darts. Not that im totally ****e, but whats the story with playin in leagues? Would people get pissed off if you cant tally your score really quick etc.?? Id love to get into it a bit more but dont wanna wreak peoples heads. Any ideads?

PS Good darts places around Dublin 3? like Fairview Marino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

Carrickman wrote: »
    We played a league match a few weeks back in The Lantren, Harold's Cross (which is nearer me than the pub I play darts for) so I went up there early to get some practice and was made feel very welcome and told if me and any of my friends wanted to come in for a game of darts we would be very welcome (if there is no league match of other event in it of course).

cheers for this mate i've livin in harolds x and had no idea. i'll have to play ye up there some time.icon13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Carrickman wrote: »

I have been in here a few times, and I can't say enough about how cool everyone was to us walking in off of the street.

If you are in the area and are looking for a game of darts, it is a great place to go. My friend and I walked in and started throwing, and within an hour or so we had 8 names on the board looking for a 'shot at the title'. lol

Definitely someplace that I would make an effort to go back to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Fair few in Westmeath - Western Gem, Ballinalack. Office Bar, Mullingar, Wagon Wheel Ballinacarigy, Doynes - Collinstown, McHugh's - Raharney, Gaffneys - Delvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

cuala in dalkey is not really a pub more of a sports bar but the setup is great and the drink's are cheap and you don't hve to worry about anyone distrubing you during your game as it's usually very quiet during the week and most weekend's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

bobflatley wrote: »
    Ryans - Kiltimagh

I was in Tommy Ryan' place three days last week, and I would recommend it to anyone. He only has the one board, but the people in the pub with really amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I have played in the NCDL for the last few years and all the places I can remember playing are listed below.

A.F.L (Coolock)
    A.L.S.S.A (Santry/Dublin Airport)
    Artane Rec ( Artane)
    The Roundabout (Artane)
    Astro Park (Coolock)
    The Tap ( Church St)
    Church House (Church St.) Think it's gone now though.
    McGettigans (Queen St)
    The Brock Inn (Blanchardstown)
    Pereguins G.A.A (Blanchardstown)
    The Shanty (Mullhuddart)
    St Finbarrs G.A.A (Cabra)
    Downeys (Cabra)
    Joxer Daly's (Dorset St)
    Bridge Tavern (Ballybough)
    Horse and Jockey (Kilmainham)
    Patriots (Killmainham)
    The Market Bar (Fruit Market)
    Cardiff Inn (Finglas)
    Salmons (Blanchardstown)
    Bottom of the hill (Finglas)
    Malt House (James St)
    Auld Triangle (Drumcondra)
    Pidgeon Club (Ballyfermot)
    The Towers (Ballymun)
    The Oasis (Cabra)
    ??? (Also another pub located just down from The Oasis, both Faussagh Ave)
    Dean Swift (Francis St)
    The Racecourse (Baldoyle)
    ????? ( Small pub on hill street just off Parnell st, can't think of the name)
    Raheny G.A.A (Raheny Village)
    Tyrconnell House (Inchicore)

Thats all I can remember for now...anymore come to mind and I will add them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

Co.Cavan Eamons Piano bar (Fitzpatricks)

Co.Fermanagh The LINNET INN - Boho Co.Fermanagh 2 boards full time. During competitions 3 boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

wexford ...

brownes bar bishopswater
    the west gate bar
    martie b,s kilurin
    foleys bar newbawn
    the gealic bar

Advertisement