Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo tools

• 08-04-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Thinking about a self build.
    If I buy a Campag groupset do I need any special tools.
    Possibly only the ultra torque tool , not sure if a standard 10mm allen key will do

ADVICE?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've fitted one myself and no, aside from the regular stuff, you don't need any special tools. The exception is probably the hex bolt in the crankset. I had a few extension type sockets for my torque wrench that did the trick. If you don't have anything like that, then maybe best buy the campagnolo tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

How will I manage to tighten the bottom bracket cups

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Campag advises loctite and hand tightening, which I found a bit strange. Personally I just greased the threads and tightened with the standard external bottom bracket tool. Its the same 16 tooth tool that will do Shimano or FSA bottom brackets. Park sell one called the BBT-9. Mines a BBB one, which was cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I have the BBB one too. If you were working in a bikeshop you'd probably want the Park Tools one but the BBB one is good enough for home usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Do you happen to know what loctite threadlocker they recommend

Thanks for all your help

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head I can't, but it's on the instruction leaflet, which is also available as a PDF on the Campagnolo website.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gerrybmw

You should use either the Campag or Shimano hollow tech II toll to tighten the bottom bracket cups. On the instruction sheet Campag advise that if you use a thread glue it will reduce the life of the parts and recommend that you use their specific tool. From my experience the Shimano tool is also compatible. You can access the instruction sheet on the Campagnolo.com website and this contains their specific part number.

Advertisement