Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for cyclists

• 11-04-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone ever heard of insurance for cyclists?

I was thinking of getting some coverage for protection against uninsured motorists, also for protection if I cause an incidents.
    I know I can insure the bike against loss with the house contents - so it is not this kind of insurance that I need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

The only insurance I have heard of is race insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Think you can get some insurance through membership of Cycling Ireland. Check out their website www.cyclingireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bogfire

Just remembered, I actually get insurance cover for my surfing activites from ISA - so wondering if there are similiar benefits for joining a cycling organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

bogfire wrote: »
    Just remembered, I actually get insurance cover for my surfing activites from ISA - so wondering if there are similiar benefits for joining a cycling organization.

yes from cycling ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Not what your looking for but for those who are heading abroad this summer ; touring cover

http://www.citybond.co.uk/index.jsp?agtintref=CTIN010

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

Does C.T.C. still offer free insurance to members in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah, I was insured for public liability. If I unintentionally damage a car or pedestrian, I'm covered. Dunno about uninsured motorists....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

I think there's a special fund to compensate people with claims against uninsured motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Sean02 wrote: »
    Does C.T.C. still offer free insurance to members in Ireland.

No. It only applies to residents of the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Tomas_V wrote: »
    I think there's a special fund to compensate people with claims against uninsured motorists.

motor insurers bureau of ireland

www.mibi.ie

Covered for claims against uninsured motorists. There is an excess involved so when claiming the first like €450 of a claim isnt covered. something like that

Advertisement