Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forgot to send No Claims Bonus

• 16-07-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Took out a policy with Axa last month, sent them in my license and no claims, I then went abroad and came home to a letter stating they required a copy of the original no claims bonus and if not received by the 17th of July at midnight my cover will cease.

I have the original copy here in my hand and completely forgot to post it to them, anyone ever been in this situation? If I ring them Monday and get it send in would they reinstate my policy? Or is this game over?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably fine but yeah ring them earliest and explain. You have already paid I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

biko wrote: »
    It's probably fine but yeah ring them earliest and explain. You have already paid I assume?

Yeah its all paid up, well I Pay monthly but payment was its all ok. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

They are still going to want it pronto. If there is an AXA office near enough to you maybe drop into them Monday morning with it in your hand.
    Otherwise phone and send it straight away by registered post or signed for courier delivery.
    And don't forget to make a photocopy of it before sending it, just in case they loose the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Could you scan a copy and email then also send explaining you forgot

K.Flyer wrote: »
    They are still going to want it pronto. If there is an AXA office near enough to you maybe drop into them Monday morning with it in your hand.
    Otherwise phone and send it straight away by registered post or signed for courier delivery.
    And don't forget to make a photocopy of it before sending it, just in case they loose the original.

I actually have an Axa Office about 5mins away, I'll copy it tomorrow and drop the original in Monday morning on break from work. Would be a nightmare to loose it after paying a hefty deposit

• Advertisement

Could you scan a copy and email then also send explaining you forgot

Yeah defo worth the shot.

Just an update incase anyone has an issue like this in the future , spoke to AXA, they have given me until tomorrow to get it in so Kudo's to them.
    Thanks for all your posts here

Advertisement