Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mid term adjustment - license change

• 16-07-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi
    as part of my renewal premium hike I'm finally considering converting my full EU license to full Irish. (About €200 difference)
    Allianz tells me such change could only be taken into account at policy renewal. I did a search for MTA and only found the usual change car, add driver, move house.
    Anyone any experience getting policy adjustment due to license change? Like provisional to full Irish.
    Also couldn't I just cancel my policy once I get the converted license (takes up to 3 month) and then get new policy elsewhere ? Allianz was waffling about the question re having policy cancelled or refused? that isn't relevant, me thinks, as I am cancelling - not them.

/wd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I agree with Allianz, it will only matter at the time of purchase.
    Yes, you can cancel a policy at any time and go to another insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

And why is this different to any other change? Other then they won't decrease your premium when you move to less risky area. If you do premium is unchanged, but they increase mid term when it makes more money.
    Funny, when using German quotation portals they don't even ask where your license if from to give you quotes. EU license is Eu license.

Advertisement