Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic insurance

• 13-07-2016 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I am 21 years old, have 2 years NCB, am employed, never had an accident and own another car insured in my name.

Is there any insurance company that would provide me cover for a vintage car? Most I've found request that you be 25+.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I havent heard of any that will insure a driver under 25 years age on classic policies.

Usually it needs the driver to be at least 25 and the car at least 15 depending on the company

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

Skatedude wrote: »
    I havent heard of any that will insure a driver under 25 years age on classic policies.

Usually it needs the driver to be at least 25 and the car at least 15 depending on the company

Thanks.

That sucks. The car was a 30 year old ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

The car should be fine and you can get classic tax on it, but you will have to wait for your 25th birthday to get a classic insurance policy.

It may be possible to get normal insurance on the ford, but the age will make it difficult to get a quote on it,

Advertisement