Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

My account was put on hold, I was paying with debit card Ulster Bank but had to close account, tried to add new card with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭feargantae

Ive been paying for the last few months through Revolut via Curve but today Netflix said they couldn't take the payment, despite the card details being the same and enough money being available. Now when i retry the payment they want a Turkish phone number for "additional security"? Even though there's a verified Irish number on there already!

Hopefully they'll retry the card themselves and it'll go through normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The Netflix Poxymorons are driving me mad. Lost my payment card so cancelled it, any card I tried to enter using NordVPN it asked for Turkish mobile number.

Tried today using a host of VPNs and N26 and PTSB cards and keep getting error screen, signed up to Revolut to try and same deal.

Does anyone know what happens if they lapse your subscription, can you change country then or can you ask a flipping card?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭feargantae

Just an update on this in case anyone else has this problem. When I opened the app there was a big red Retry Payment button which worked straight away. The retry payment option they sent in email wouldn't work unless i added a Turkish number

€5.21 taken from Revolut successfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazytealeaf

Hi ooter, wondering if you had no issues signing back in using windscribe VPN?

I let my irish account lapse this month and tried signing back in using NordVPN but I kept getting the error that the I had an incorrect password, but I know the password was correct. When I use my email address and click on 'Get Started' the error ' Sorry something went wrong/ please try again later' appears. I assumed this is because netflix knows the NordVPN address, so I tried with Windscribe VPN then, but got the same errors.

Any one any ideas how to get past this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Just tried to login to netflix turkey using my irish account details and got the same message, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.'

That definitely wasn't happening last week, maybe they've changed something.

Best bet is to set up a new account and pay using gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazytealeaf

Im afriad that wont work either. When I click Get started the error ' Something went wrong. Please try again later.' appears. I assume Netflix have sussed out these VPN IP addresses and are blocking them 😔

You could be right, i was able to setup a new account through turkey last week but when i try to log in to the site through turkey today i get that error but if i put the same details in to the irish site i can log in, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭bren2001

How is everyone topping up the 5sim account with roubles? Everything I try is getting rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

When trying the 5 SIM, and entering the turkish mobile number into netflix, keep getting this message 'Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭bunderoon

There was a post a couple of pages back about just using the app on the likes of a firestick or smart TV for renewals.

Well that worked for me also as my credit card had expired end of Oct.

I tried VPNs, free Turkey SIM etc etc on my laptop, none worked. 'Error occurred, please try again later'.

So I launched the Netflix app on my firestick. Got the message that my account is on hold due to outdated payment details. I couldn't update my current details with new expiry and new 3 digit code; 'Error occurred, please try again later'.

1) I went back to laptop and launched netflix, no VPN needed.

2) Added a new card to the account and logged out again.

3) Went back to Firestick and reopened netflix and went to payment section and selected another payment card - the one I just added via the web.

4) The app accepted this new payment type. Got an automated email afterwards saying the the payment details have been updated.

5) Checked app and I see that the bill to be paid is ~95 lira.

How do you get to the payment section on the app?

I kept on getting the same message. Launched Netflix on my PS5 and it renewed there without an Argentinian (in my case) number.

Paid up till next month but have been “paused” until I add payment method. Won’t accept Revolut and is asking for Turkish mobile.

anyone in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Try the solution someone else had.

Add the card by logging onto your account without a VPN.

Then I think you go onto the app on your TV and in your account you can select the new card as the new primary and be charged in Turkish Lira.

The version of Netflix I have on my shield doesn't allow me to access my account, I can on the app on my phone, does anyone know a version I can install on my shield that will allow me to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Just forwarding this from hukd

Simple way to get a years sub of Disney plus for 19 euro. It works, I've done it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Live chat function does not work anymore. Tried to add backup payment method without vpn and comes up asking to enter turkish mobile number for verification so went on live chat, both agents said they could see I tried to update backup payment recently and didn't complete number verification so I bet the 3rd agent will say the same thing if I try again. Seems impossible to do this way, no idea how the others got so lucky.

If you have playstation, update your card on the app. This method doesn't require a phone number. I assume the same is true for other apps on other devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

They are closing all options. Direct support chat doesn't work as they are asking for phone number verification. A friend and I tried a paid SMS service with a turkey number and didn't work. Codes never received.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HouseEater

SMS service (PingMe) worked for me after a few tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I have just used TURGAME to buy a netflix giftcard. works out about 3.80 euros a month for standard HD netflix.

Did you need a Turkish phone number to register with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks for the Pingme suggestion. It worked 1st time for me. I still have a little Turgame credit built up but come March next year? Payment will fall back to my Plutus card rather than me needing to add more credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Reported to mod. User first post spam and/or false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,811 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hopefully you sent a PM to the mod as it's useless reporting posts in the traditional way with this Vanilla platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭con747

I tried sending a mod a pm on another matter after reporting a few posts on the same thread over a few days and had to resort to naming the relevant mod in a quote about the posts because their profile was set to private.

The mod then in no uncertain terms told me if I needed to report a post to "report" it via the flag option and NOT to do what I had no choice to do. If you check the mods list an awful lot have been inactive since the changeover. This is the new boards.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,811 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mods should not have their profiles set to private. It's part of a mod's duties to respond to PMs and in a cordial way. On the old VBulletin platform mods were notified (by email) of reported posts and given a link to same but apart from a 1 week period, email notifications of reported posts never worked on Vanilla. So when posts were reported the only way the mods could find the reports was to manually trawl through hundreds of reports. As you say a lot of mods are now inactive and most of the remaining lot couldn't be arsed looking for the reports and I cant blame them.

Advertisement