Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

steven087 wrote:
    Hi where would the best place to buy the xiaomi drone from now

Not sure if there's any on adverts or eBay at the moment. I think gearbest has it for less than 400e

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Mavic Air is currently 666 on TomTop
    https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm9644b-1-eu.html

I want the Fly More combo which doesn't have a large reduction. Anybody think its worth getting the Air for 666 and buying other parts later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

AndyOHart wrote: »

I want the Fly More combo which doesn't have a large reduction. Anybody think its worth getting the Air for 666 and buying other parts later

I got it at that price but from amazon.it (sold and shipped by Amazon) so full warranty and no custom charges. Picked up an extra battery in argos in NI and don't feel the need at the moment to get another one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭ozmo

AndyOHart wrote: »

Hold out for the combo - I had to buy an extra battery (80 euros) and I really need a small case still too as well as the one the standard comes with doesn't hold the controller. The car charger would have been useful too.

I would have bought the combo only the standard was at such a discount in the maplin closedown sale...

“Roll it back”

jogdish wrote:
    So, I am taking images in raw and playing around and making panoramas etc... or at least I want to.

jogdish wrote:
    What do people use to manipulate images/video here? Photoshop/Lightroom are subscription based, not a fan of that.

Sorry man, missed this. I'm more of a videographer than photography so not really sure what to recommend.

Can somebody share their knowledge please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

tedpan wrote: »
    Sorry man, missed this. I'm more of a videographer than photography so not really sure what to recommend.

Can somebody share their knowledge please?

Video software would be good to know too, ideally free/opensource for windows/linux.

jogdish wrote:
    Video software would be good to know too, ideally free/opensource for windows/linux.

I used to use Windows movie maker, but after upgrading to Windows 10 it was no longer available to download from Microsoft. It can be downloaded from elsewhere apparently.

I now use movavi movie editor, ended up paying $20 for it a few years ago. Really easy to use and does what I need for droning and Dashcam.

Haven't found anything free that suits my requirements.

For my day job I need Photoshop anyway, and nothing out there touches it, really. Mind you, I also use it for things other than photo retouching. Gimp is free but a pain to work with. Paint Shop Pro is ok but has odd workflow and doesn't make sense to me.

For video, same goes for Adobe Premiere in my book. I tried all the freeware stuff, bought Vegas on a deal for $20, and ended up going to Premiere (which I remembered I have on my Adobe sub). Also getting into Adobe After Effects for motion tracking and other effects.

There's a photoshop and premiere elements package - can get it on Amazon for about £120 which should cover most of the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Tedpan a really great fella on the drone front and very helpful.i haven't managed to get a drone yet but I'm really intrigued by this thread and the peeps.so maybe we should have a drone club here some Where,just a idea lol.

bassy wrote:
    Tedpan a really great fella on the drone front and very helpful.i haven't managed to get a drone yet but I'm really intrigued by this thread and the peeps.so maybe we should have a drone club here some Where,just a idea lol.

Haha, cheers!

Maybe setup a meet up to fly and share tips and tricks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

Haha, cheers!

Maybe setup a meet up to fly and share tips and tricks?

Oh when i get mine id defo be interested :-)

The drone i dont need, but want :-) Im keeping an eye for a Spark cause i want it for travelling abroad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I managed to fulfil one of my objectives when I got my drone, by flying over the Drogheda viaduct rail bridge. Of course I then had the panic attack kick in as it lost contact as I waited anxiously for it to RTH.

454858.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

A quick range test from the fields behind the house. Love the auto return to home function :)
    That mystery animal looks bigger and bigger the longer you look at it, its 2-3 times the size of a housecat judging by the hay at the edge of the meadow, the tail is massive aswell, might be worth asking Springwatch or Autumnwatch on Facebook, they feature Irish clips sometimes and do a lot of social media stuff, cant remember the name of the Irish one aswell.

You know when it goes into Return to Home mode, does it try to reconnect and give you back control or does it just fly straight home no matter what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Thargor wrote: »
    You know when it goes into Return to Home mode, does it try to reconnect and give you back control or does it just fly straight home no matter what?
    Can only speak on the mavic, when it reconnects you can cancel rth and take back control.

I think it works on most drones that have rth

Thargor wrote:

Once it reconnects you can choose to take control or leave it to return on it's own. It will land within a metre of where it took off.
    deco nate wrote:
    Can only speak on the mavic, when it reconnects you can cancel rth and take back control.

Yep, same as the DJI

deco nate wrote:
    I think it works on most drones that have rth

Thargor wrote:
    That mystery animal looks bigger and bigger the longer you look at it, its 2-3 times the size of a housecat judging by the hay at the edge of the meadow, the tail is massive aswell, might be worth asking Springwatch or Autumnwatch on Facebook, they feature Irish clips sometimes and do a lot of social media stuff, cant remember the name of the Irish one aswell.

Cheers, its strange alright, I thought it looked like a wild cat, only spotted it after reviewing the footage. It may be a fox too, really not sure.. I'll get my wife to send it to them, I don't have Facebook :)

I asked over in Nature and Birdwatching:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107451832&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post107451832

Tbh now that I look at it again an hour later its fairly clear its a fox :D

Dont know why I got such a big cat feeling off it when I first watched it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Once it reconnects you can choose to take control or leave it to return on it's own. It will land within a metre of where it took off.

Yep, same as the DJI

Cheers, its strange alright, I thought it looked like a wild cat, only spotted it after reviewing the footage. It may be a fox too, really not sure.. I'll get my wife to send it to them, I don't have Facebook :)
    Deffo a fox 100%

Edit: just to be clear, for rth home to work(at least with dji) it has to be at least 30 metres out otherwise it will just land were it is(yes i know 30 metres is not far) but if you are flying over water and something goes wrong..... (can happen, but very very rare)

deco nate wrote:
    Edit: just to be clear, for rth home to work(at least with dji) it has to be at least 30 metres out otherwise it will just land were it is(yes i know 30 metres is not far) but if you are flying over water and something goes wrong..... (can happen, but very very rare)

Thanks for the info!

It doesn't matter with the Xiaomi, it will return to where it took off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Hi anyone here selling there drone I'm looking to buy.. Also what difference fence is there between the 1080p and the 4k beside camera obviously..

steven087 wrote:
    Hi anyone here selling there drone I'm looking to buy.. Also what difference fence is there between the 1080p and the 4k beside camera obviously..

The 1080p version has different propellers, but the rest of the hardware is basically identical. I'm not sure if it receives the same updates though. I think Xiaomi made improvements to the gimbal on the 4k.

I've seen a few on adverts around the 400 mark

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It's funny the effects of this recent drought are having, as reported in the news. I'm not sure why, but the audio is not working on this, but had a different tune, so you may or may not hear audio.

/edit audio is working now.

I have some videos, but taken with my mavic air - should I start a new thread?
    I only ask here since this seems to be the drone thread these days?

jogdish wrote:
    I have some videos, but taken with my mavic air - should I start a new thread? I only ask here since this seems to be the drone thread these days?

Up to you, happy foe people to share videos and discussion here :) just mention that it's Mavic footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Yeah I think a new thread where people can show case there videos sounds like a good idea. Best video of the week/month could be picked on votes, would keep it interesting.

jogdish wrote:
    I'll post here, but yes a new thread for showing off is needed. As you can tell I am need badly of learning how to edit and make the video look decent. Taken with my Mavic Air, edited using the DJI Go 4 app.

The link is not working :(

The link is not working :(
    Never shared video on here, whats the way? I tried an open link to my Google drive - and that gave the error.

jogdish wrote:
    Never shared video on here, whats the way? I tried an open link to my Google drive - and that gave the error.

Login YouTube using your Gmail account. Upload the video to YouTube and then you'll be able to share the link here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone recommend a mini drone that is decent to let me dips my toes into the world of drones?

Advertisement