Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

codie wrote: »
    Don't see anywhere that £100 free gifts come with it.See it in Argos for €220 plenty of stock and it says free gifts. Have to register with delonghi

Looks like this has gone up to 275.99 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

SQ2 wrote:
    Looks like this has gone up to 275.99

I paid half that!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

sweetie wrote: »
    I paid half that!

In Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

SQ2 wrote:
    In Argos?

From the warehouse, open box during Black Friday week. Delivered on the Tuesday.

mad m wrote: »
    Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/DebenhamsIESite/Img/PDF_Popup/131117_ECAM350.pdf

did you have to use parcel motel / wizard as an address to get this?

edit. see that it's for ireland so no need. just have to get delivery from Amazon now to get the serial number!

waiting from Nov 27th. Due to arrive Thur apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alan McG

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I just received my Delonghi esam2800 coffee machine today which I purchased from Amazon.

I unpacked it and followed the instructions to turn it on for the first time, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work.

It powers up, and immediately the three top lights (one cup, two cups & steam lights) start flashing in unison and the system is unresponsive apart from the shutdown procedure.

I have looked in the manual and also on the internet to identify what these lights mean but with no success.

Does anyone have any idea what might be up with it?

Any help would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Alan McG wrote: »

I just received my Delonghi esam2800 coffee machine today which I purchased from Amazon.

I unpacked it and followed the instructions to turn it on for the first time, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work.

It powers up, and immediately the three top lights (one cup, two cups & steam lights) start flashing in unison and the system is unresponsive apart from the shutdown procedure.

I have looked in the manual and also on the internet to identify what these lights mean but with no success.

is the steam knob (beside the wand) turned ON before you turn ON the machine. ?
    If so rotate fully clockwise to off position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

is the steam knob (beside the wand) turned ON before you turn ON the machine. ?
    If so rotate fully clockwise to off position.
    Wait a minute of 2 it should go into a heating up/cleaning mode. The lights should stop blinking then

Zimmerframe - Nope, the steam knob is turned off - if it was on it would produce three sequentially flashing lights. These are simultaneous.

keith_d99 - It doesnt go into heat up/cleaning mode. It stays flashing and unresponsive for about 30 minutes, then does a cleaning cycle before shutting down.

The water doesn't seem to heat up either when it's in this mode as there's no heat from the unit whatsoever. I've emailed delonghi, but they say not to expect a response for up to 5 working days. Perfect timing over Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Zimmerframe - Nope, the steam knob is turned off - if it was on it would produce three sequentially flashing lights. These are simultaneous.

keith_d99 - It doesnt go into heat up/cleaning mode. It stays flashing and unresponsive for about 30 minutes, then does a cleaning cycle before shutting down.

The water doesn't seem to heat up either when it's in this mode as there's no heat from the unit whatsoever. I've emailed delonghi, but they say not to expect a response for up to 5 working days. Perfect timing over Christmas!

Better to get on to Amazon they might sort you out with a replacement before Christmas. Best customer service bar none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

3 lights flashing. Slowly turn steam knob to on. Wait a min then turn off. Wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

See the video here at 4:20 - the three lights flash simultaneously, and it says the machine was switched on with the steam wand in the on position. The movement is quite stiff in mine - make sure it’s fully off before turning on, otherwise this is most likely the source of the problem with a faulty knob.

https://youtu.be/mOxCWP_0uek

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Had the same thing with mine, turned the steam wand to on and kept flushing water through for a minute or two, should work then

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Generally you get it after steaming some milk and you want to revert back from steam to pull a shot. The two cup lights flash as a warning indicator that the machine is too hot and needs to cool down. Turn the steam wand on till water runs through it for 5 seconds and it speeds up the cooling process or you’d be forever making coffees - this sounds like the scenario you’re referring to.

I reckon this process is to purge water through machine at first use.

Mad M, you are indeed correct. It seems it failed to finish its purging process. I reset it and let it purge again until complete.

I got this helpful email from Delonghi:

Good morning

Thank you for your email

To get the machine to work you will need to carry out the initial use prime of the machine, Plug the machine in to the point that the 2 cups and the steam light are flashing, Place a mug or jug under the steam wand, Open the steam valve and allow the machine to pump water till it stops.

Once this stops close the valve, the machine will now power down. Press the stand by button and move the mug to the coffee nozzles, The machine will then run a rinse cycle and then the coffee lights should go steady. Your machine should now be ready for use.

Many thanks

Happy Christmas & a peaceful New year.

Thanks for all your help guys. It's blummin fantastic!

Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/DebenhamsIESite/Img/PDF_Popup/131117_ECAM350.pdf

did anyone get any stuff delivered from here?

I registered the machine and have an account on seriousaboutcoffee site (where you get redirected to from the de'longhi site) but didn't get any confirmation email...?

I see that what you're supposed to get varies by what machine - I didn't see the 4200 listed at all in the offers page.

lastly I put in Ireland after county on the offers page - was it only for uk as there was nothing about country....?

I got about 3 emails from Delonghi saying welcome, thanks for registering machine and then your gifts will be on there way shortly....

I got emails from Coffee.club@Delonghi.co.uk

Haven't received anything as of yet, but will keep you posted.

a question also about the 4200 - do most people use 2 shots for a cup of say americano. (with coffee strength max). is it better to use the 2 cup button or do 1 cup twice (or is it effective the same thing)?

I got about 3 emails from Delonghi saying welcome, thanks for registering machine and then your gifts will be on there way shortly....

I got emails from Coffee.club@Delonghi.co.uk

Haven't received anything as of yet, but will keep you posted.

did you have an option to put in Ireland in the address?

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    did you have an option to put in Ireland in the address?

Yes....

also look here for settings on it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057562359&page=22

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

glasso wrote: »
    a question also about the 4200 - do most people use 2 shots for a cup of say americano. (with coffee strength max). is it better to use the 2 cup button or do 1 cup twice (or is it effective the same thing)?

I use the 2 cup button almost exclusively. One big advantage is it will have the 2 shots of grounds compressed into one puck which saves a bit of space in the empties drawer. When ya use it as much as I do, emptying that gets tedious! 😀

dos29 wrote: »
    I use the 2 cup button almost exclusively. One big advantage is it will have the 2 shots of grounds compressed into one puck which saves a bit of space in the empties drawer. When ya use it as much as I do, emptying that gets tedious! ��

What settings do you have for the grinder, plus cup size and bean strength? After doing some reading and help from boards members a single shot is around 20 seconds extraction time

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

What settings do you have for the grinder, plus cup size and bean strength? After doing some reading and help from boards members a single shot is around 20 seconds extraction time

I have the grinder at 7 I think, full strength, and I set the cup size to the 1 o'clock mark roughly. Never timed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

How much is that model usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Del007 wrote: »
    How much is that model usually?

Usually around €220-€250.

http://checkargos.com/product/9062135

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

jayjbe wrote: »
    Usually around €220-€250.

http://checkargos.com/product/9062135

Any reviews compared to the 4200? Cant find any online. Its a newish machine i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Thats a brilliant deal in argos, just reserved, thanks for posting!

Advertisement