Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Cagier wrote: »
    If you were brave enough to attempt to disassemble it yourself you might be able to see who is at fault, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLKi08rW7w

Two motors should be wired Yellow,Black and Red while the other two should be wired Black Yellow and Red. By alternating Yellow and Black wire gives you direction.

Just to close out this earlier discussion, I managed to disassemble myself using the above video. If anyone decides to go for a motor replacement it is fairly straightforward but a bit time-consuming. Also, the screws are hex nuts which stumped me for a while but I found some very small allen keys and these did the trick.

Anyway, it was unsurprisingly a wiring issue which is now fixed. I hope to get the frame reassembled tonight and finally get this back up in the air. I just wanted to thank @spiller9020 for his assistance with the links and pictures to help me get this sorted.
    Well done, glad you found the root cause of the problem. Would test fly it without the gimbal attached just incase it malfunctions, after all the gimbal will cost you abt 200 quid if damaged. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hiya guys

Just wondering if 550euro sounds like a decent price for a Phantom 3 standard.

I am just beginning to research drones and this is the lowest price I have seen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

JJayoo wrote:
    I am just beginning to research drones and this is the lowest price I have seen

Nope, the p3 standard is an old quad. The P3SE is a better version with 4k. Haven't looked recently but it was 450e last year. 550e for a standard is a rip off.

“The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin“ is today’s update on the drone. I hope that means it is stating Germany is the origin country!

Any word on delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

tedpan wrote: »
    Any word on delivery?

It hasn’t changed from being in Germany since Tuesday morning. I should hopefully have it next week I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nope, the p3 standard is an old quad. The P3SE is a better version with 4k. Haven't looked recently but it was 450e last year. 550e for a standard is a rip off.

Well if anyone stubbles across one for 450 throw up a link

JJayoo wrote: »
    Well if anyone stubbles across one for 450 throw up a link

Here's the P3SE Bargain Alerts thread.. ;)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057761034

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

I find the screen quite hard to see, especially if sunny. I was thinking of getting an external screen. As the Xiaomi 4K is on 5.8 Ghz as far as I know it should OK to get a standard FPV monitor that covers this range. Might be fun to see what else I can pick up also! I'm not brave enough to go full goggles yet as I would also like to keep Line-Of-Sight so considering a 7" monitor with "shades" on the side (although I don't know how I will hold everything!

Anyway, presumably it doesn't transmit 4K video so a standard unit will work. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these types of things. Here are a few potential candidates...

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/253587692407

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Boscam-RX-LCD5802-5-8GHz-LCD-Diversity-Receiver-7-Inch-Monitor-fpv/1747877905.html

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-LCD5802S-5_8G-32CH-Diversity-Receiver-Monitor-7-Inch-with-Build-in-Receiver-Battery-p-993668.html

My drone is now in portlaoise!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Am selling my Xiaomi drone, it's the 4k version. Camera and gimbal are broken. The spares and batteries might be useful to someone, have the drone, 2 batteries, 9 props, controller and charger. 120 for the lot including courier delivery to anywhere in Ireland. Pm if interested, thanks

• Advertisement

keltoms05 wrote:
    Am selling my Xiaomi drone, it's the 4k version. Camera and gimbal are broken. The spares and batteries might be useful to someone, have the drone, 2 batteries, 9 props, controller and charger. 120 for the lot including courier delivery to anywhere in Ireland. Pm if interested, thanks

That's a great deal man, have just spent all my Christmas money, the two batteries alone are worth at least 100euro. I'm sure it'll sell soon

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ordered one of these, they said it would ship on 3rd....now saying 20th of December....need to order Mi Drone now

Finally released, a great option if you're on the go. Not as good as the mi drone but looks to be a decent performer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Finally released, a great option if you're on the go. Not as good as the mi drone but looks to be a decent performer..

I had to cancel my order, they couldn't deliver. They said maybe ship in two weeks. But they could send me the plug convertor tomorrow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Really looks decent for the price.

I would like a drone but apprehensive about forking out big bucks for something I might not get to fly so much

BKWDR wrote:
    I would like a drone but apprehensive about forking out big bucks for something I might not get to fly so much

Yeah, I wish I could fly every weekend but Irish weather doesn't allow it! I still get good value and fun out of flying, I suppose it depends on how much free time/cash you have too..

It has arrived! No custom charges either which I’m surprised at given the Chinese drop shipping labels all over it! Exactly 1 month and 1 day from ordering. Just need the spare battery to turn up now.

Nice one, yeah 95% of them get through with no issues :) enjoy man. Let me know if you have any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Still have this Xiaomi drone for sale, it's the 4k version. Camera and gimbal are broken but the drone itself flies perfect!

If anyone here has ordered this drone and has never flown a drone before I'd highly recommend buying this off me. It can be your practice drone for the first few flights instead of risking crashing your shiny new drone !

120 delivered includes:

the drone, 2 batteries, 9 props, controller and charger.

Batteries alone are worth over 100 euro alone!

Pm for a a steal!

Thanks

My spare battery made it through without charges! Now to find some time to actually fly the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

keltoms05 wrote: »
    Still have this Xiaomi drone for sale, it's the 4k version. Camera and gimbal are broken but the drone itself flies perfect!

If anyone here has ordered this drone and has never flown a drone before I'd highly recommend buying this off me. It can be your practice drone for the first few flights instead of risking crashing your shiny new drone !

120 delivered includes:

the drone, 2 batteries, 9 props, controller and charger.

Batteries alone are worth over 100 euro alone!

Pm for a a steal!

Thanks

Hi I have sent a PM are you still willing to sell?

Has anyone had any success using a camera from one drone on another body?

I can see the POV view (from the camera) on the phone screen, but i can't control it with the joypad. Very annoying.

My 3rd drone arrived this morning (approximately 4.5 weeks after ordering, think I ordered on the 14-15th November? Something like that). I reckon Xiaomi might be considering selling it in Europe, or making a go at being a bit more consumer friendly, based on the new packaging.

My other two MiDrone's came in what was effectively a brown cardboard box with a serial number. This one came in 'retail' style packaging (white box, image of the drone on it, fully printed in colour and presented like a 'gift' almost. Looked quite well in fairness.

My postman must have assumed it was a christmas present that was needed. Surprised the front door is still on it's hinges! :pac:

The Chinese version comes in a nice white box and the international version comes in a brown box.

http://www.tbprice.com/xiaomi-mi-drone-4k-review/

The Chinese version comes in a nice white box and the international version comes in a brown box.

http://www.tbprice.com/xiaomi-mi-drone-4k-review/

Hmm.. I see it mentioned in that review alright, but I wonder is there any actual difference in the product itself?

(I haven't actually flown it yet).

KKV wrote:
    Hmm.. I see it mentioned in that review alright, but I wonder is there any actual difference in the product itself?

Glad it arrived man!

Yeah, mine came in the lovely white retail box too. I didn't even know there was a brown box version. Should be all the same. :)

You said you had issues pairing the controller to the drone, I know there is a guide on YouTube.

Look up, 'mi drone pairing controller'

Glad it arrived man!

Yeah, mine came in the lovely white retail box too. I didn't even know there was a brown box version. Should be all the same. :)

You said you had issues pairing the controller to the drone, I know there is a guide on YouTube.

Not so much the remote and the drone, more the remote and the camera. The drone still seems to connect, and i can pair them using the button on the drone (where the camera sits), and it seems to pair just fine.

It's just getting the camera itself to work. I can see through the camera lens on the phone, but it doesn't actually work for me if i try to move it or take a photo/video.

Here are two screenshots, to give an example. POV is fine with the camera working, but on the bottom left it's telling me no camera is attached (N/A):

DRONE01.png

And if i try to calibrate it:

DRONE02.png

(but yet it must be detected, as i can see through it...?!).

It's frustrating, as I have all the pieces of another drone there if i can get that to work. :(

KKV wrote:
    It's frustrating, as I have all the pieces of another drone there if i can get that to work.

Hmmmm, it seems to be a known issue. I've just been reading online.. will let you know if I find a fix.

Hmmmm, it seems to be a known issue. I've just been reading online.. will let you know if I find a fix.

I dunno why, but I love your intense interest in this kind of stuff :D

Bet you'll be working for Xiaomi when they enter the Irish market at some point :P

KKV wrote:
    Bet you'll be working for Xiaomi when they enter the Irish market at some point

As long as they let me work from home :D

• Advertisement

Glad it arrived man!

Not so much the remote and the drone, more the remote and the camera. The drone still seems to connect, and i can pair them using the button on the drone (where the camera sits), and it seems to pair just fine.

It's just getting the camera itself to work. I can see through the camera lens on the phone, but it doesn't actually work for me if i try to move it or take a photo/video.

Here are two screenshots, to give an example. POV is fine with the camera working, but on the bottom left it's telling me no camera is attached (N/A):

DRONE01.png

And if i try to calibrate it:

DRONE02.png

(but yet it must be detected, as i can see through it...?!).

It's frustrating, as I have all the pieces of another drone there if i can get that to work. :(

Try and remove gimbal and then reattach the gimbal, sometimes there can be a bad connection between the pins and gimbal.

Advertisement