Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Best of luck lads. I'll be there cheering you on as a neutral.

Likewise. Most of the country (i.e. 31 counties) are behind you lads. Nothing to fear from this Tipp side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Well now all quiet here before the big day- I really now want Wexford to beat Tipp- the build up to a Kk Wexford all ireland would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

road_high wrote: »
    Well now all quiet here before the big day- I really now want Wexford to beat Tipp- the build up to a Kk Wexford all ireland would be unreal!

Yes that would be some build up to a final! Be unreal. Hopefully we get the job done tomorrow,it won’t be easy, lots of things need to go right for us especially we need to stop Tipp getting goals. The 4 weeks off is a worry but Davy should have them primed,manic aggression required. Here is to a Wexford V Kilkenny final...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Best of luck today.
    I hope ye bate the s***e out of tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

gutted, savage match, savage crowd, savage atmosphere, made crucial mistakes at crucial times and lost our focus, the roar around Croke Park when we scored the goals was spine-tingling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭MfMan

Why take off Rory O'Connor? What came on wasn't going to be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

MfMan wrote: »
    Why take off Rory O'Connor? What came on wasn't going to be any better.

I wondered the same. He is our biggest goal threat and at that stage we looked like we weren't going to win in a point shoot out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

1984baby wrote: »
    Best of luck today.
    I hope ye bate the s***e out of tipp.

How did that work out for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Was lee chin injured??

Felt he could been more effective out the field in 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

How did that work out for you?

They were beaten.

By North Tipp.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

They were beaten.

By North Tipp.

;)

technically right they brought on two subs , one from dundrum the other from kilsheelan kilcash both deep south football country ....get out the banjos :D

hard luck wexford well done on a fantastic year especially in leinster ye have plenty to offer the championship over the next 5 years at least , heads up :)

technically right they brought on two subs , one from dundrum the other from kilsheelan kilcash both deep south football country ....get out the banjos :D

hard luck wexford well done on a fantastic year especially in leinster ye have plenty to offer the championship over the next 5 years at least , heads up :)

Hard luck indeed, but hopefully today only a blip on the way to winning the big one.

The Wexford support is something else, has to be said.

Originally from the other side of the hills to New Ross, I would love, love, love (for the build up and the occasion), for us to have met Wexford in the final.

Hard luck indeed, but hopefully today only a blip on the way to winning the big one.

The Wexford support is something else, has to be said.

Originally from the other side of the hills to New Ross, I would love, love, love (for the build up and the occasion), for us to have met Wexford in the final.

worked in great island a few times over the years , was amazed how there was no real rivalry between the two counties , especially how close places like mullinavat and inistoige are to new ross

they are mad hurling in that town and great craic , a bit like woodstock down there everyone looks like they are going to kill you, but just want to be friends kind of place :D:D ps, tell everyone in prenders i said hello :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

gutted, savage match, savage crowd, savage atmosphere, made crucial mistakes at crucial times and lost our focus, the roar around Croke Park when we scored the goals was spine-tingling

Couldnt have said it better myself!

The sending off affected Wexford more than Tipp as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

They were beaten.

By North Tipp.

;)

Mid tipp has more influence on that team.

Where to next for Wexford? Do we think Davy will stay or is he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Clare are looking for a manager, would he be tempted to go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭giveitholly

They were beaten.

By North Tipp.

;)

Bubbles and seamus Kennedy are South men

Think i heard Davy say on the radio that he was thinking of taking a break.

Bubbles and seamus Kennedy are South men

FFS. It was a joke, not a geography lesson.

:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

We're not We're fine. Thanks.

We're not We're fine. Thanks.

That could be overstating things.

That could be overstating things.

trust me he is not , fitz had 3 terrible years after we won the all ireland , nearly turned the county upside down , too much was said and done in that time to warrant a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

When did Diarmuid O'Keefe become d or Dee O'Keefe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Paul Galvin confirmed as new football manager. Wow. Total left-field appointment that no-one would have even considered predicting.

Obviously has the pedigree as a player, and will garner the respect of the panel (should see more lads committing too), but you would be concerned about his acumen as a manager at this level, particularly it's his first job at this capacity.

I look forward to glorious ****housery from our half-forwards now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Paul Galvin confirmed as new football manager. Wow. Total left-field appointment that no-one would have even considered predicting.

Obviously has the pedigree as a player, and will garner the respect of the panel (should see more lads committing too), but you would be concerned about his acumen as a manager at this level, particularly it's his first job at this capacity.

I look forward to glorious ****housery from our half-forwards now though :D

Bizarre appointment. Has zero management experience at any level. Unless he gets a very good team around him and a top class coach, don't see it going too well.
    When are county boards and people in general going to cop on to the fact that by and large, great players do not make good managers?

That being said, if interest in Wexford football gets a bump and players draw a bit of inspiration from Galvin's playing acumen, maybe there can be an improvement in short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Big Vern wrote: »
    Where to next for Wexford? Do we think Davy will stay or is he gone?

I'd imagine he will go, Leinster Champions so go on a high note, can't blame him if he does as all that travel is tough going and we are probably at our level at present. If we were to have a bad run next championship all will be forgotten from this season so get out now.

Looks forward to the board finding some one with '96 links if he does go just to cover their butts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Any word on Davy yet lads?

Can't imagine who they'd go for if he steps aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiCriostoir

Nothing about it yet, just rumors so far. I heard hes looking at Galway now, but who knows.

• Advertisement

Heard talk that some of the players are trying to convince him to stay. But nothing more than that.

Advertisement