Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EPH Ember

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

I am in the middle of changing my boiler and fitter recommended that i get the Gateway Eph. Ember and he is only charging me €150 which he says is the cost of it. Is this correct.???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I paid 100 + 23% VAT a year ago from Heiton Buckley. Ring them tomorrow and ask for a stockist near you. Then ring the stockist and ask the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I am in the middle of changing my boiler and fitter recommended that i get the Gateway Eph. Ember and he is only charging me €150 which he says is the cost of it. Is this correct.???

Eurosales.ie had it for @ €91 +vat this time last year (I never bought in the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anybody having problems connecting to EPH server seems to be down for me at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

To control your heating ? Working fine for me here

• Advertisement

I control my zones while I'm out through their online phone app... Well i use to anyway.. Not being able to go online since Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

It was offline for me last night but it's working today

Thanks did you reset anything or did it come back by itself?

Thanks did you reset anything or did it come back by itself?

It came back by itself

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

Their server was down last night. (First time I have encountered this issue).

I spent a long time checking at my side and re setup my gateway and thermostats in case it was at my side, then sent them a message on the website.
    It was back working this morning and I received a reply to my query confirming that their server went down last night.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks guys was going to start from scratch again but looks like it's a know fault at there end so I'll give them a call tomorrow
    Cheers

Ok thanks guys was going to start from scratch again but looks like it's a know fault at there end so I'll give them a call tomorrow
    By the way does anyone find the setting up the 3 zone manual controller on the wall confusing, I'd be fairly tec savy but I'd find it hard to recommend the system to friends
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

By the way does anyone find the setting up the 3 zone manual controller on the wall confusing, I'd be fairly tec savy but I'd find it hard to recommend the system to friends
    Cheers

Yeah it's somewhat confusing, I dug out the instructions to check it all last night.

The service is up and running for me today, so you may need to check at your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

I have EPH Ember Panel and the remote. Got no instructions with them from plumber. Where can I get "how to programme these" Heating is set to come on 6.30 in the morning. Far to early for OAP 8.30 or 9 would suit me better

I have the instructions pm me your email or mobile i can what's app you no problem

I got sorted too with my app... Just needed to be paired again with the wall panel

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Do notifications work for anybody on the Ember Android app? I see there's a toggle for "User Notifications" in the app's settings but I never get any notifications. They'd be handy (for disabling boost after the wife boosts all zones, ignoring the schedules :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

KingCong wrote: »
    Do notifications work for anybody on the Ember Android app? I see there's a toggle for "User Notifications" in the app's settings but I never get any notifications. They'd be handy (for disabling boost after the wife boosts all zones, ignoring the schedules :P )

No idea about the android app, but there isn't even an option for them on the IOS one :)

They used to work for me but I disabled they as I was getting notified about automatic temperature changes from my home-assistant integration.

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    They used to work for me but I disabled they as I was getting notified about automatic temperature changes from my home-assistant integration.

Hmm strange, never worked for me on either of the (Android) phone's I've used the app on. Are you using the Android or iOS app?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Anybody having problems connecting to EPH server? It seems to be down for me at the moment.

Anybody having problems connecting to EPH server? It seems to be down for me at the moment.

Same here!

I had an issue last week and had to reboot the gateway to get it back up and running

matrim wrote: »
    I had an issue last week and had to reboot the gateway to get it back up and running

Tried that still server down... I'll give them a buzz usually good at sorting it out

Tried that still server down... I'll give them a buzz usually good at sorting it out

I sent them a message on the website. I received a reply to my query confirming that their server is down:

"We are currently experiencing difficulties with our server at present. Our technical team are working on this at the moment we hope to have this up and running soon. Apologies for any inconvenience."

I sent them a message on the website. I received a reply to my query confirming that their server is down:

"We are currently experiencing difficulties with our server at present. Our technical team are working on this at the moment we hope to have this up and running soon. Apologies for any inconvenience."

Still down for me, is it back working for anybody yet?

Still down for me, is it back working for anybody yet?

No still down for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gre2401

Same here, I've been trying to solve this but it seems to be a global issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gre2401

It is sorted. Back to business now

Advertisement