Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Picture quality not sharp

Options
  • 27-07-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I have a kodicom CCTV system with 5 cameras and three monitors.
    The picture quality used to be sharp, but is not sharp any longer.
    I have unplugged each device and tried them all solo and the picture remains the same.
    Someone suggested it could be the internal power-supply in the Kodicom box.
    Any suggestions?

(By not sharp, I mean, all the pictures vibrate the same way, and straight lines have diagonal interferance.
    This is not obvious on smaller screen (4 pictures on one screen), but very obvious when one picture on full screen.)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Power supply sounds very possible.Can you give us a little more information.
    What type of cameras are you using here , are they using a single lead for power & video?
    What model of DVR do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

The box is kodicom as are the cameras.
    They have co-ax and low voltage power supplies.
    The quality used to be perfect, but somehow it has declined with out my noticing.
    I turned on the bog screen today and could clearly see tiny diagonals on black straigh lines (such as a gutter down-pipe) and hues around red colours.
    Not so obvious on smaller screens, so I cannot say when it happened.
    Nothing has changed in the set up though.
    Even though I unplugged each monitor and each camera and plugged them bacl on in one by one - the result was constant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The box is kodicom as are the cameras.
    They have co-ax and low voltage power supplies.
    Was hoping for the model of the machine , not to worry..
    So has each camera go a seperate power supply? What voltage are they?

each camera has a seperate power supply and they are 12v.
    The kodicom box is 240v and has an internal powersupply.

It is unlikely each power supply has a problem. What I would be doing at this stage is feeding each camera directly into a monitor & see if the picture is ok. If all is good them the problem is in the machine (DVR) itself.

• Advertisement

I think the cameras have to go through the DVR, as when they connect directly to a monitor there is no picture at all!
    Could that be?

what type of connection is on the cameras & the monitor?

RG 55's camera to DVR, RG 55 converted to AV connector into monitors

The monitor should show this directly.

I will give it another go this evening, maybe something went wrong.
    You are very helpful.
    Thank you.
    Do you know, if it is an issue with the box, where might I get it serviced?

• Advertisement

I honestly do not know of any agents over here.
    They have a European branch in the UK
    Kodicom Europe
    Kingsmill Business Park Chapel Mill Road,
    Kingston Upon Thames,
    Surrey KT1 3GZ

They might know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

IGT in Lucan sold these, not sure if they still do.
    But I would connect the cameras directly to the monitor to rule out the dvr

Advertisement