Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictures of athlone town through the ages

• 16-11-2008 2:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

they saw photographs can tell stories (er i think)

i know there are some old pictures of the town in the gallery part of athlone.ie, i know that there is the odd book of the town, i am asking, as seen in one dublin thread "picture game"; does anyone here on this section have old photographs of the town, be it buildings sporting events etc, and willing to upload them. i am interested primarily in the what the town looked liked in the 1950-1990's. it is just to see how the town has changed. i am asking as i swore i saw a calender today (remember when business premise such as butchers etc use to give calenders out a christmas presents every year) and each picture for the month contained an old picture of the twon. i found it to be very interesting, seeing how e.g north gate street looked in the 1970's

i would be grateful if people are able to contribute, hopefully it might raise some interests as it is difficult to find books etc containing these pictures. the pictures can be of anything, be it old palce bar, old school where gentex, the old factory where the radison is, pictures of the mighty athlone town fc etc of course pictures of any era would be sound.

cheers

Comments

Advertisement