Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for marriage record...

Options
  • 25-10-2015 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

..... for this couple, Patrick & Sarah (unknown maiden name) here on 1901 Census.

I believe that Patrick died 1902 & Sarah in Dec 1908 according to headstone inscriptions. There are corresponding death records in Tralee for a Patrick Ryan Marnane in 1902 and Sara Marnane in 1909.

There is a marriage record for a Patrick & Sarah M'Donnell in Dublin North that might fit..

If the ages on the Census were correct then Sarah was born c1856 (death record shows year of birth as 1841!) so I checked for any Patrick Marnane & Sarah marriage on RootsIrl - nothing. Considering that they do not have records for Kerry and only limited records for Cork & Dublin, I had hoped to find a church record on Irish Genealogy but no luck there either.

Any other possibilities apart from the Sarah McDonnell marriage mentioned above?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What do you know about the family otherwise? I.e. if you find the right marriage, how will you identify it?
    His occupation gives scope for moving around. Marnane is not a common name (114 people on 1901) and overwhelmingly based in Tipperary.

That 1886 marriage is definitely the only Patrick Marnane marriage to a woman called Sarah.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Thanks Pinky.

I know that he was born in Co Tipperary to Patrick M & Catherine Ryan (no baptism records before 1845 in his parish). Even though he had numerous siblings, it would appear that there are no surviving descendants in Ireland. I was just hoping to get a maiden name for Sarah.

Next time I order some certs, I will get the 1886 marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

familysearch.org gives a few marriages for his name -no spouse- but some are in limerick where she was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

OP, this is longshot territory - my own experience was the boarder/lodger was related to the owner, just a hint.

Advertisement