Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2012 Megathread

Options
  • 14-01-2012 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

We have not had a heatwave since 2006, Will we get one in 2012? I have a feeling we will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I feel like its going to be a very hot summer this year:) We're well overdue one anyway! But then again I felt we were going to get a really cold long winter this year and look how wrong that turned out, hope I havnt jinxed our summer aswell :D
    james madden will be putting out his summer forecast and winter 2013 forecast in feb, but knowing him hell probably just republish the same summer forecast and winter forecast from last year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

winter has yet to materialise and youre talking about summer!?

it'll probably snow..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nick Guats wrote: »
    I have a feeling we will.
    Nick, do you have Crows in your garden. ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I LOL when I seen this thread.

I just hope we get some nice and hot weather, but probably rain all summer long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I hope for a mixture of weather.

I want it warmer than last summer.
    A bit more rain as we had a drought.
    That rain to fall in thunderstorms, but nothing extreme like 1985/86 - which killed animals and caused blackouts.
    Then for Kilkenny to win the All-Ireland in temperatures around 22C.

That would be a good summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

geetar wrote: »
    winter has yet to materialise and youre talking about summer!?

it'll probably snow..

Well the winter 2011/2012 thread was started at the beginning of june:P Why not a summer thread in January:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's getting a bit like the fashion column wondering what will be in this Summer, maybe a bit of heat with a splash of radiant flowers topped off with a cloud effect hat and shoes that convert to wellies for the busy street person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Guys, can we all head over to the Spring 2012 thread and warm that up a tad first.??

Advertisement