Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thought Liam Smith was out of order yesterday ,

Chris dealt with it very well in the beginning by not even answering either way , ( ps his missus is stunning ) But then he went over the line with the Wife comment but look if Smith is going to sling mud all bets are off,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Chris clearly got under his skin in the last week and beefy reacted but he didn’t think it through, the gay jibes didn’t go down very well

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He was blatantly homophobic. Questions Eubank in a negative and teasing manner as if to suggest/imply that being gay was something to be ashamed of. Disgraceful.

Eubabk too slow to react: he should have interjected quickly and said “hold on, are you actually being homophobic here? Suggesting that being gay should be frowned upon?” That really would have stopped Smith in his tracks.

Eubank then kind of adds fuel to the fire by saying he’d “rather” be gay than be a cheat. As if he was picking the lesser of two “evils.”

I think Chris dealt with it brilliant (before the Wife part)

He doesn't have to answer that question , It may not seem like a big thing but to start answering inappropriate question's would be letting Liam assume the dominant position as your having to answer to him ,

Eubank is without question well aware of psychological wins& loses, He is a very well educated fella ,

Eubank also keeps his missus out of the public eye & if he answer yes he has a girlfriend then the media & everyone's next question is the obvious Who ?

Spot on. Before wife part he did deal with it. I just wished he had hit back straight away with the homophobic accusation/question to Smith.

• Advertisement

Chris Eubank Jr and Liam Smith are facing an investigation from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBofC) over their shameful 'personal' and 'homophobic' comments at their pre-fight press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

The Eubank-Smith fight is on S Sport + if you have a subscription and working VPN. Much cheaper than buying the PPV.

National Elites live TG4 YouTube now. Tasty men’s 60 kg final due in about 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is Smith the easiest boxer in the world to hit 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Wasn't expecting that!

• Advertisement

🤣🤣

• Moderators Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Where on earth did that come out of!

Eubank clapping.

Not exactly Mystic Meg.

That was after a fight 4 years ago.

I know! Just a funny clip of Nas being weird. Although Eubank Jr is equally as strange a guy.

Fair play to smith I didn’t see that coming at all, hats off to naseem Ahmed for his funny clip being relevant again

Delighted I didn’t pay 25 euro for that card. Was it a poor card overall?

Caught the finish of the Eubank fight. Did he win rds 1-3? The shots Smith landed weren’t particularly heavy. I think it was the clean left uppercut that did the damage. Eubank didn’t recover. Second knockdown seemed more poor recovery than getting hit

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Rd 1 was fairly close but I’d say smith just about edged it, Eubank won 2 and 3 and was only really getting comfortable when he got dropped. Noticed smith moving his head a lot more at the start of RD 4 trying to unsettle Eubank and it worked.

The ref should have waved it off when he stood back up on incredibly shaky feet in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Eubank is like Oscar, lost most of the big fights he fought.

A big fighter in name only.

• Advertisement

Big fights? I wouldn’t even go that far. Lost to a green Saunders and a washed up Groves.

I’ve always liked Chris, but he’s just not that good. I even overrated him through the years.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I think that’s a fair summary, he seems a good lad under the bravado and he has done well at carving out a decent career money wise for himself but ultimately he isn’t quite world level.

Chris had done very well considering he hasn’t beat anybody of more or achieved a world title, maybe it’s his hype or thinking back to his old man but o honestly thought he would smash smith in a few rounds

Smith is fairly rugged and tough. Eubank is not a killer or a puncher. Only surprise last night was the stoppage. I thought Smith could nick it on points.

Wait until the rematch where Eubank ups it to 60%.

Smith will be in trouble then! 🙊

I see Conor tren is saying he would have done Eubank in 2 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Eubank really making out it was a once in a lifetime shot, ala Julian Jackson v Bomber Graham. Nothing of the sort.

Also making out that he was dominating the 3.5 rds fight.

He did seem to have tbe upper hand but other than the three uppercuts at the end of the third he didn’t land anything of note, it was mostly jump in jab and jump out and feck act around

smith said the rematch is on his terms and wants it at 154 so that’s not happening

• Advertisement

very strange outcome,

I like Jr & he has never been stopped before even from much bigger harder punchers , He used to spar with Froch & the likes & was never hurt by Froch's own words,

I think the last weight cut for Benn & then this one didn't help him at all, the older you get you should not be going down divisions,

Jr's had a hard time of things lately, His Dad is all over the shop since his brothers death,

Fair play to Smith done what he had to do ,

Advertisement