Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chartered Engineer 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nothing like a last minute panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any idea of the general timelines post submission?

About a month til you get a yay or nay about the report. Then another month til the interviews start, but could be two months depending on everyone's availability.

Dónal wrote: »
    About a month til you get a yay or nay about the report. Then another month til the interviews start, but could be two months depending on everyone's availability.

Many thanks. Thought that was the general timeline alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

Yes, report in. Waiting game now. Anybody have any idea as to when they come back with information on whether you have been put through to interview and when interviews are usually scheduled for?

• Advertisement

davyd07 wrote: »
    Yes, report in. Waiting game now. Anybody have any idea as to when they come back with information on whether you have been put through to interview and when interviews are usually scheduled for?

Apologies, I have just seen the comments above!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Comments back already...CPD issues ! :rolleyes:

camroc76 wrote: »

Really? Sorry to hear that. When did you receive them? by email?

I received an acknowledgement of receipt last week, but nothing more concrete than that.

budhabob wrote: »
    Really? Sorry to hear that. When did you receive them? by email?

I received an acknowledgement of receipt last week, but nothing more concrete than that.

I haven't received anything. I called them earlier and they said that they had 600 entries which is 3 times the normal amount. They are working through them and will issue acknowledgement of receipt in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I haven't received anything. I called them earlier and they said that they had 600 entries which is 3 times the normal amount.
    Last push before the mechanism changes I guess.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that. What were the issues highlighted? Does that mean you will be deferred to next submission then?

Comments came with receipt last Tuesday. The table needed a few amendments and the required hours question arose. Re-submitted the table as required, still lacking in the hours though.

Fingers crossed !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Comments came with receipt last Tuesday. The table needed a few amendments and the required hours question arose. Re-submitted the table as required, still lacking in the hours though.

Fingers crossed !

Have you considered all forms of CPD? How many hours are you out?

Yeah, shy 4 hours in total, considered the whole shooting gallery of options ! my current company are tight as hell on the monies and well CPD and training do not make the grade (or even discussed).

Yeah, shy 4 hours in total, considered the whole shooting gallery of options ! my current company are tight as hell on the monies and well CPD and training do not make the grade (or even discussed).

Have you included the likes of site visits, mentoring etc in terms of CPD? or even giving presentations? It all counts towards CPD.

Doenst have to be paid for cpd. Look up the EI guide on what constitutes cpd.

If you are only 4 hours short include things like preparation of your CEng report and attendance at the interview. Thats worth at least 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭J82

What was the minimum?

I had 75 hrs over past two years.. as far as I could see the there was no minimum hours set...just a statement of 'five days cpd over previous two years'.

So what is a 'day'? My working day is 7.5 hours.

J82 wrote: »
    What was the minimum?

I had 75 hrs over past two years.. as far as I could see the there was no minimum hours set...just a statement of 'five days cpd over previous two years'.

So what is a 'day'? My working day is 7.5 hours.

Your day is based on your normal working day. I usually work of 35 hours over the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

godtabh wrote: »
    Your day is based on your normal working day. I usually work of 35 hours over the last 2 years

The CPD guide you just posted mentions an 8 hour day!

it must have changed since the introduced the 2 year cpd before becoming chartered. It used to be your working day

• Advertisement

Got acknowledgement today. It just says that it will be processed prior to the next deadline if approved by the Board of Examiners, and they will get back to me in due course.

Strange how some people seem to be getting comments with acknowledgement and others dont.

Got acknowledgement today. It just says that it will be processed prior to the next deadline if approved by the Board of Examiners, and they will get back to me in due course.

Strange how some people seem to be getting comments with acknowledgement and others dont.

Based on what has been stated above i think this indicates that you have passed the first hurdle in terms of meeting the objectives. I got a similar response to you.

budhabob wrote: »
    Based on what has been stated above i think this indicates that you have passed the first hurdle in terms of meeting the objectives. I got a similar response to you.

Maybe that is the case. It seems like it will be a long wait this time around.

Its been reviewed by a panel and then needs to be rubber stamped by the Board of Examiners (is that the official term used? ) at which stage you will be invited for an interview.

godtabh wrote: »
    Its been reviewed by a panel and then needs to be rubber stamped by the Board of Examiners (is that the official term used? ) at which stage you will be invited for an interview.

I hope you are correct. Do you have previous experience of this godtabh?

I did it a few years ago and have been in the building a few times for events while the review was going on. EI are very open about the process

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I still havn't received an acknowledgement, Should I be worried? I posted the application on the Tuesday before the deadline,I didn't bother going registered post as I made sure to get it weighed and pay full postage required.

Catxscotch wrote: »
    I still havn't received an acknowledgement, Should I be worried? I posted the application on the Tuesday before the deadline,I didn't bother going registered post as I made sure to get it weighed and pay full postage required.

I'd ring them

Panic over, just received an e-mail similar to the one above, that it's under review and they will be in touch. Fingers crossed..

• Advertisement

Got an e-mail confirming I have progressed to interview stage..Yeah!!

Advertisement