Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killakee House up for rent

• 18-01-2010 5:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Went up to have a look around it, sign in garden, i thought it was a hoax but appears genuine. What an opportunity to live there. Checked it out properly though and theres no public transport,even with a car its quite isolated then add in the lovely people who frequent the Hell Fire club at night!! :p

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?limit=10&id=818150&from_mydaft=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

What a ghostly type figure in the mirror (pic 3)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

900 euro per month. Has got to be an unlivable kip for that price

Its actually not bad. And large too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks alright to me

Is it haunted?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Dave! wrote: »
    Looks alright to me

Is it haunted?

Apparently so: http://www.haunted-britain.com/Eastern_Ireland.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

doesnt really constitute being haunted that if you ask me. A few people saw a black cat in the late 60s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

loldog wrote: »

The skeleton recovered in the 70s is pretty creepy.

iamhunted wrote: »
    doesnt really constitute being haunted that if you ask me. A few people saw a black cat in the late 60s?

A large Black cat. But there are also storys of furnature being moved while they are there. Large Bangs and clattering around. Also was the last place to hold an official exorcism in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

A large Black cat. But there are also storys of furnature being moved while they are there. Large Bangs and clattering around. Also was the last place to hold an official exorcism in Ireland.

who preformed the exorcisim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

wow! Has anyone requested a viewing yet I wonder, out of curiosity! Surely it's not for rent at that price just because of the history though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

my question is so what? Its not paranormal to see a cat, to tell a story about furniture being moved or to hear large bangs. Exorcisms are related to the person, not the place.

Its more of the whole 'ooohh it looks scary so its haunted' crap that the irish paranormal community is increasingly getting itself immersed in.
    Rasmus wrote:
    wow! Has anyone requested a viewing yet I wonder, out of curiosity! Surely it's not for rent at that price just because of the history though?

Im obviously missing out on the importance of this 'history'.

iamhunted wrote: »
    Im obviously missing out on the importance of this 'history'.

You seem to be. There was apparently an exorcism there, thats a pretty big claim to paranormal fame in terms of Irish buildings as is poltergiest activity. Haunted or not its got much more of a reputation that deserves investigation that most other locations in Ireland. Plus its famous for being a haunted location as is Maseys Wood across the road. Everyone in South Dublin has heard the stories of Kilakee House. Nothing to do with it looking haunted because it dosn't.

As far as the cat goes, are not large cats ect related to demonic stuff, ties in the exorcism no? Im not saying its anything more than a big cat but your dismissive attitude towards one of the most haunted locations in Ireland without actually looking into it yourself is a bit strange.

More on the actual place itself, its 5 minutes from viewpoint and significant scobie activity plus the Hellfireclub car park backs onto the property and the hill is a haven for drug users. Personally I wouldnt be leaving my car in the driveway. Id say thats the reason for thelow price as its only a5 minute drive from the m50

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Oh my goodness it's very cheap!

That's what you pay for a house here, and not as big as Killakee House.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Grimes wrote: »
    one of the most haunted locations in Ireland

Says who?

Or more importantly, where's the proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

leddpipe wrote: »
    Says who?

I think Grimes is coming from a position of taking for granted that there is such a thing, which in the context of this forum is understandable.

As far as locations go it is one of the more well know and documented cases. Take into account that while much of the activity is from 30+ years ago, when you compare that to many other sites which have nothing more than folk tales and myths (which are either much older or cant even be dated) Kilakee is alot more interesting.

I've even spoken to an artist who was in residence there in the late 60s when it was a art centre and the activity was at its peak. I've also spoken to a member of staff from when it was a restaurant and they reported unexplained phenomenon.

I think alot of the frustrations come from the fact you get people being very dismissive yet when it comes to their local "haunt" they are full of enthusiasim.

leddpipe wrote: »
    Says who?

Thanks 6th, more or less what I was getting at. Leddpipe, when I say things are haunted I mean "said to be" haunted, this being the paranormal forum and ghosts more than likely not actually existing, haunted in my book means there are stories of hauntings, ghosts and paranormal activity associated with the place.

Not going to argue the existance of ghosts but the building is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Ireland if you believe in that sort of thing. Wether I do or do not is not relevant, its said to be haunted therefore it carries that tag.

I think you took that quote out of context to the rest of the post. My post was aimed at iamhunted's attitude of [paraphrase] pfft, haunted me hole [/paraphrase]

Now back on topic, personally I wouldnt fancy living in a house or sleeping in a bed where an exorcism took place. Call me a wuss but there is something about demonic manifestation that puts me off the aul EVP and Orbs photos. Call that my underlying Catholocism or whatever, when a few blokes armed with a cheap EMF reader and some branded t-shirts decided they are qualified to take on the Fallen Angel himself I think the "my group has bigger balls than your group" thing has gone too far :D

What's the location like? Massey's and the Hellfire Club attracts a load of scrotes knacker drinking, etc. -- is Kilakee Gaf close to those areas?

Wouldn't fancy havin my windows put in regularly...

Looks decent to me though, I'd give it a go :D

What's the location like? Massey's and the Hellfire Club attracts a load of scrotes knacker drinking, etc. -- is Kilakee Gaf close to those areas?

You know the carpark at the bottom of the Hellfire Club ? You know the house practically in the carpark. Thats the place. Scrotes and Swingers. Its where most Tallaght people are concieved :p

hmmmm, it would be handy to be able to walk to my regular dogging location...... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

You couldn't pay me €900 a month to live up there!! I wouldn't mind about the history of the place and it's reputation but it's junkyville up there! I'd say that's why the price is so low. Having said that, I'd love to book an appointment to see the place!

Though I did have a fairly scary experience in Masseys wood years ago (not scumbag related!)

• Advertisement

hmmmm, it would be handy to be able to walk to my regular dogging location...... >_>

PM sent

Spirals wrote: »
    You couldn't pay me €900 a month to live up there!! I wouldn't mind about the history of the place and it's reputation but it's junkyville up there! I'd say that's why the price is so low. Having said that, I'd love to book an appointment to see the place!

Though I did have a fairly scary experience in Masseys wood years ago (not scumbag related!)

Dave related?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Not going to argue the existance of ghosts but the building is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Ireland if you believe in that sort of thing. Wether I do or do not is not relevant, its said to be haunted therefore it carries that tag.

Well now THATS more like it, saying what we mean!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

Dave related?

LOL I hope not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Went up to have a look around it, sign in garden, i thought it was a hoax but appears genuine. What an opportunity to live there. Checked it out properly though and theres no public transport,even with a car its quite isolated then add in the lovely people who frequent the Hell Fire club at night!! :p

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?limit=10&id=818150&from_mydaft=1

It's ONE minute's drive from Firhouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭the iceman come

I was an occasional diner at their restaurant back in the 90s and I must say the food was really fantastic. The place was always packed and it did a roaring trade,it had a really homely athmosphere to it and when you were waiting for your table there was a log fire to warm your bones by.(Shown in the pics btw)

It seemed to close up very suddenly (or maybe thats just the way I recall it) so one day when I was driving past I called in to see if was still open as at the time I wasnt certain that it had in actual fact closed down permanently.

I knocked on the door and no answer,so I tried a bit more and still no answer. I was just about to leave when the door was slowly opened by what I can only describe as a person who looked like he was going to kill himself, He was only about 22 or so but he quite literally looked right through me when I enquired as to the status of the Restaurant.

"We are closed " was all I got from him and then he just closed the door. To this day I remember that literally haunted expression on his face,the guy looked so drained and unwell.

I wonder does anyone know why exactly the restaurant closed because as I say it did a roaring trade,and I actually really miss the place it was easily one of the best restaurants you could eat in.

Would I rent the place? Hell no:eek: it does seem a bit cheap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Kamili

I had dined in there once or twice myself too, food was very tasty and the log fire very homely.

I do recall a red carpet with black cats on it though.. wonder it that still there? (might be my imagination)

Having experienced a few wierd unexplained things near the place and having had some wierd dreams involving the area I think I would pass on living there, although would love to check the place out.
    Gardai are always up and down the road too with the goings on in the wood/viewing point too...

Just came across these on you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaHF2puk1IU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRrQWFsyVsQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP3ujahYQhg&feature=related

I wonder is that picture still in the reception area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Kamili

heehee sorry for the second post, just noticed in the letting description, pets welcome...

Black cat anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Darragh29 wrote: »
    It's ONE minute's drive from Firhouse!

Yeah but you'd have to drive everywhere,what if ya fancy going for a few drinks? Personally im not a fan of drink driving or walking 20 mins to the nearest bus stop just to go to town!!!!:D

Living in the house wouldnt bother me,reputation wise but def agree about the crazy people that area attracts. There is an old building attached to the side of it and im not going to lie my first thought was that anyone could be hiding in there. Ruled it out because of fear of undesirables rather than poltergeists!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

when a few blokes armed with a cheap EMF reader and some branded t-shirts decided they are qualified to take on the Fallen Angel himself I think the "my group has bigger balls than your group" thing has gone too far :D
    Ha ha, Absolute classic. :D

Advertisement