Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK EAT overturns decision on procedural grounds

• 10-06-2021 6:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭

A massive judgement was handed down today in the United Kingdom!

An individual cannot be discriminated against for holding an axiomatic view that others find offensive, and that applies to my view that Transgender women are different from biological women.

I am now protected UNDER THE LAW from holding this view.

This is a hugely significant ruling and in my view, badly needed in the current face of woke extremism.

Any thoughts or views on today's ruling?

https://sex-matters.org/posts/updates/gender-critical-beliefs-are-worthy-of-respect-in-a-democratic-society/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A massive judgement was handed down today in the United Kingdom!

An individual cannot be discriminated against for holding an axiomatic view that others find offensive, and that applies to my view that Transgender women are different from biological women.

I am now protected UNDER THE LAW from holding this view.

This is a hugely significant ruling and in my view, badly needed in the current face of woke extremism.

Any thoughts or views on today's ruling?

https://sex-matters.org/posts/updates/gender-critical-beliefs-are-worthy-of-respect-in-a-democratic-society/

Thoughts?

-protected from holding it? A strange arrangement. You're likely confused.
    -Have you researched the weight of UK case law in Ireland post-Brexit? Including their ability to diverge greatly from existing EU case law. I'd be interested in the forum's views on that generally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Thoughts?

-protected from holding it? A strange arrangement. You're likely confused.
    -Have you researched the weight of UK case law in Ireland post-Brexit? Including their ability to diverge greatly from existing EU case law. I'd be interested in the forum's views on that generally.

Ireland is, and always will be, a Common Law jurisdiction and, given the ECHR was used in this case, it ABSOLUTELY applies in an Irish legal context.

Magna Carta , baby! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

Its about time and was getting completely out of hand. It felt like nobody was allowed have an opinion anymore without been labelled as a transphobe

A good judgement, about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The recognition of biological reality is long overdue. The power that trans rights organisations have/had in opposition to that fact is unreal compared to the numbers they purport to represent.

Seems to me it was always a fight against biological women, invade their spaces, call them TERFS, get them fired etc., WTF was going on?

Good judgment. Might open some corporates/organisations eyes, you know those who could not wait to be "right on" and first in the Q for the Stonewall pat on the head.

Good woman Maya, it can't have been an easy gig for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: Yeah, we're not going to do this given that the OP and others quite clearly haven't read the actual judgment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement