Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woodworking Plans Online avoiding the scams

Options
  • 10-06-2021 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello All,

My social media feed are wedged with carpentry plan adverts, but I think they all link back to a certain site that I have read is a scam.

Can anyone recommend a genuine place that has lots of plans so that I can find some inspiration? I don't mind paying a small subscription, doesn't have to be free.

Any suggestions, thank you

Comments

WoodHacker wrote: »
    Hello All,

My social media feed are wedged with carpentry plan adverts, but I think they all link back to a certain site that I have read is a scam.

Can anyone recommend a genuine place that has lots of plans so that I can find some inspiration? I don't mind paying a small subscription, doesn't have to be free.

Any suggestions, thank you

Fine Woodworking Unlimited - bloody great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Here's a link to their Plans Library. I always like to have a look at the type of stuff they're doing and how many would likely interest me. https://www.finewoodworking.com/digital-plans-library?gclid=CjwKCAjwtpGGBhBJEiwAyRZX2trygdsZs8_nqmnBGbXg_oYHvfuMUVCWN2Du1sSdUlRnz33bLVn8khoCRq0QAvD_BwE

I also see that there's a 14 day free trial available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WoodHacker

fantastic resource thanks for that I will definitely subscribe to it guys, that should keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

Saw on Skates has decent small projects in return for putting up with him plugging various products.

Fine Woodworking also has free plans if you search hard enough, and frequently the free articles are detailed enough to actually recreate the item without the plans. Especially if you want to adapt the project to your needs.

Otherwise if you're handy with Google, you can google the project you want, go to images, find a likely project and go to the site - frequently you will end up in an archive or an article with the plans for free.

Advertisement