Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bathroom renovation (shower advice?

• 09-06-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

HI I’m going to renovate my bathroom. I am going to replace the bath with a shower. Currently at the moment there is a triton t90 electric shower over the bath. Im goin to complete a overhaul of the bathroom, retile, new sanitary wear and replace the bath with a shower.
    I am thinking of putting a large rectangular low profile shower tray in with a glass screen. The problem I am having is deciding what shower to install. I like the convenience of the electric shower and not having to rely on the hot water storage cylinder to be hot but obviously there is feck all pressure with this shower.
    My plumbing system is basic, open vented heating system, heat only boiler, cold water storage water in attic just above the bathroom and header tank.

Any advice on what type of shower to install? Can a electric shower be worked off a shower booster pump?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Kealyboy wrote:
    Any advice on what type of shower to install? Can a electric shower be worked off a shower booster pump?

No

Your t90 already has a built in pump. Turn it all the way to cold and you'll get around 10 litres of cold water per minute. This is almost a power shower rate. Pressure isn't a problem. The problem is that to get warm water you need to slow the 10 lpm to 3 to 4 5 lpm depending on the time of year.

Lots of my clients keep the t90 for the convenience of instant hot water but install a power shower too. This will give a powerful shower when you have a tank of hot water.

Advertisement