Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric gates wont open manually after unlocking

• 02-06-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, recent power outage and used the key to open the connection for the manual override on my electric gates. One gate opens but is really stiff to shove open but the other one is so tight that even when I apply some force it just will not budge.
    I have definitely ensured the key has opened the connection point at the bottom of the gate connecting it to the motor.
    Any advice appreciated as I'm afraid if I force it more I will break something in the motor.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jamiecullen20

A guy I’m starting to work with does gates, Would you like his number? you could call and he might be able to either diagnose the issue over the phone or come out on site to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It sounds like the manual override may not have released from thatch which couples the gate to the motor drive arm. Although if even the gate that did open was still very tight, maybe that's whats going on here also.

When locking and unlocking the same manual release a few times, can you feel something engage/disengage? If not, that may be the problem. Try spraying WD-40 on the manual release mechanism and comparing its operation (or how it feels) with the one that did open.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ravendale

We've had this on our gate. Have you had any luck with a permanent solution as our power is out all day Friday and need to over ride

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

This is a maintenance routine that most people either are not aware of or have forgotten all.about it.

Ideally every 6 months, the override should be disengaged, opened and throughly greased.

I do not mean greased with WD40 or 3 in One, the right stuff is proper grease, the messy jelly like stuff.

If that is done and the worst happens then there will be no issues whatsoever manually releasing automatic gates.

Advertisement