Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beam zone opens and closes constantly

• 01-06-2021 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, I have HKC alarm and following the power outage the beam zone constantly flicks between open and closed.

I thought about two options:
    How to reset it somehow ( the panel doesn't show any faults thou) or troublshoot?

Disable permanently? I can inhibit when arming the alarm but I need to do it every time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tom__jnr2 wrote: »
    Hi, I have HKC alarm and following the power outage the beam zone constantly flicks between open and closed.

I thought about two options:
    How to reset it somehow ( the panel doesn't show any faults thou) or troublshoot?

Disable permanently? I can inhibit when arming the alarm but I need to do it every time.

Strange as in a power outage the backup battery kicks in.
    Unless you have a problem with that.

You could down power the PIR and see if that sorts the issue.

To bypass you can close off the zone in the panel when setting or else set using your code, press star, zone number of device and yes.

Advertisement