Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat poo in garden

• 26-05-2021 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭

We dont have cats but there are a few neighbours cats that roam from garden to garden. Generally have no problem with cats apart from the amount of poo they have been leaving behind.
    I cut the grass yesterday and there was quite a bit. Is there anyway to prevent them from doing so - deterrent sprays or home made remedies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There is animal repellant that you can get to discourage digs and cats. However it is hard to cover a large area with them you should try per shop and garden shops. Lidl or Aldi used to have them now and again.

It's unusual to find cat poo, most females bury there's. I suspect it is an unneuterd Tom or one that was older when neutered and has tomcat instincts.

If he is doing it are n a few particular spots then put it down there. Best way however is to find points he is climbing to get in and put repellant on Feb e there

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I had this problem
    - I put safe plastic edging on the fence to dissuade cats from walking on the fence (worked a little)

- I got a plug in sonic thing which was supposed to put off cats (seemed to help)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks for the suggestions.

The grass had gotten long so maybe it was an attempt to bury it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Advertisement