Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Printer for mass booklet - recommendations?

• 09-05-2021 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering would anyone have a recommendation for a printer for a mass booklet for a wedding? 40ish or so

Thank you in advance!
    Omt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I'd say most printers would do that no problem if you have the document laid out in the correct order etc? Whereabouts are you?

I'd say most printers would do that no problem if you have the document laid out in the correct order etc? Whereabouts are you?

South Dublin, have rang the obvious places but no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Cork based here so no good to you. When you say the obvious places, is that wedding-specific places? I emailed local printers who print anything and everything to get our invitations done, just had to email them the jpeg, and got a good few quotes no problem even for a very small print run.

Cork based here so no good to you. When you say the obvious places, is that wedding-specific places? I emailed local printers who print anything and everything to get our invitations done, just had to email them the jpeg, and got a good few quotes no problem even for a very small print run.

Yeah all the local printers but no joy, I've a friend on the case so I'll see what they come up with cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

We used Lee Press in Cork City (https://www.leepress.ie/), as they do the printing for the church we attend.

Our booklets were minimal. "Plain" pages (i.e., nothing fancy re the materials used or coating) but with colour.

I can't remember the cost, but it was reasonable enough.

They couriered them to Galway for us, where the wedding was.

One piece of advice I would now give is that people didn't seem to take home the booklets. We had a bunch left over. We kept some as keepsakes, but the remainder went into the recycling. Maybe because ours were so minimal and forgettable...!

Pen Rua wrote: »
    We used Lee Press in Cork City (https://www.leepress.ie/), as they do the printing for the church we attend.

Our booklets were minimal. "Plain" pages (i.e., nothing fancy re the materials used or coating) but with colour.

I can't remember the cost, but it was reasonable enough.

They couriered them to Galway for us, where the wedding was.

One piece of advice I would now give is that people didn't seem to take home the booklets. We had a bunch left over. We kept some as keepsakes, but the remainder went into the recycling. Maybe because ours were so minimal and forgettable...!

Thanks for that I might give them a shout! Much appreciated

Advertisement