Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Safety Squat Bar

• 19-04-2021 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone any recommendations for Safety Squat Bar purchase.

I know there is many pretenders and a handful of reccomended (Usually cost a fortune) SS Bars out there.

What ones have people used, which ones do they recommend, and which ones to avoid?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

As you say, the really proper SSBs are very expensive - EliteFTS, Rogue SB1 and Watson are 500-600 factoring everything in.

If it were me I would wait for the Strength Shop SSB to be restocked and go with that. Strength Shop's build quality is not going to be remotely comparable to Rogue or EliteFTS (Although EliteFTS don't make their own stuff) but they are usually fairly good on the design aspects of what they put out, because they copy better designs. Unless you are very strong and going to test the capabilities of the bar I think it would be a reasonable compromise between cost and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just seen this.

I have the Strength Shop one, got it just as the 1st lockdown was starting when building my home gym as it was often programmed in for me and it has a lot of carryover to my comp squat. I went for the Strength Shop one because we have 2 in my gym and I really liked how it feels.

I've used it at least once a week for the past year and it's still holding up really well. The most I've squat with it is 272.5kg but would be confident of it holding a lot more. For the price I would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Just seen this.

I have the Strength Shop one, got it just as the 1st lockdown was starting when building my home gym as it was often programmed in for me and it has a lot of carryover to my comp squat. I went for the Strength Shop one because we have 2 in my gym and I really liked how it feels.

I've used it at least once a week for the past year and it's still holding up really well. The most I've squat with it is 272.5kg but would be confident of it holding a lot more. For the price I would highly recommend.

Thanks for the message. I would love to get one but am worried about Brexit now. How much did the Import Duty + VAT on the SS bar amount too Deano?

Advertisement