Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back 4 Blood (from the creators of L4D)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Downloading it now, I've been a huge fan of L4D so I'm hoping this will be as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just played 2 levels there, it's basically left 4 dead with alot more weapons. Cross play is also available. Liking it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just read that there are just 2 modes, campaign which is 4 player co-op and versus which is 4v4in small maps that works as a horde mode. I watch a bit of versus on twitch and it looked fairly boring. Disappointed there is no zombie players in campaign. The best laughs in Left 4 Dead was when 4 of us were trying to get from safe zone to safe zone and one of the lads as a special infected trying to pick us off, such a magic formula.

I have no interest in Horde mode so will be sticking to campaign i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, the lack of L4D-style Versus is disappointing. I'm hoping they'll add it further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If anyone has a spare code 🙋

• Advertisement

Myself and Zero should have 3 codes each. Just PM one of us

My codes are all gone.

@dreamers75 sent you PM with code

Anyone up for a game with me and eoin. If you search my name zero-cool-ire, you can find us on any platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just logged off as I'm reading this, should be back on tomorrow evening . thanks again for the code.

Never played L4D, WWZ be the closest and this already feels far superior

• Advertisement

Playing this makes me just want to play Left 4 Dead. I'm not warming to it. Definitely would be better with 4 people working as a team. One of ours refused to heal himself and kept running into hordes. Bots are useless.

Just feels a bit soulless. The card system is a bit crap, no interest in building a deck.

kdjac on steam be on morrow night if anyone wants to team up.

Cheers Eoin for the code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I like it but feels like it's missing something, lacks the charm of l4d. Doesn't have the same suspense of l4d either.. Thinks it needs a bit of work still

Yeah, with cross play I can see there being alot more players on xbox due to this being free on gamepass

My issue with it. Not once did i think "oh ****, a horde", i just pointed my gun and started shooting till the end away, felt absolutely nothing compared to L4D or Days Gone hordes. I haven't posted WWZ to compare but this raised no emotion out of me tonight. We should be able to get a 4 player campaign going tomorrow night, might be more enjoyable.

I think we were also playing on the lowest difficulty so maybe try with the next level

Yeah it was a bit easy alright and auto aim was easy op.

Apparently a dev on discord said versus campaign isn't happening which is a shame as it looks to be the most wanted thing at the moment.

" If you don't mind me asking, what was the reasoning behind the feature being cut? It's a pretty bold move considering how popular it is in the previous entries. "

TRS reply : " We have a lot of defensive equipment and our specials are good at ambushing. Defending worked far better for our game than running from A-B "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Boo-urns! 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I played about an hour on veteran which I found hard but rewarding, then played easy and it left me feeling bored. So definitely play veteran.

It's not a bad game, will try to get a few hours in this weekend, hopefully team up with some here

I have 1 code spare, one of the lads forgot he already had access from the Alpha test. PM me if you want it. I'll be on tonight about half 10 if anyone wants a 4-way :)

• Advertisement

And I have 2 spare codes too

Just watched a stream there and in the train yard level where you have to turn on the grain chute there is a mini gun nearby @Zero-Cool . That could have helped us yesterday

Its exactly what I imagined L4D3 would be, dunno if its 10 years too late tho.

Should be fun in a group rather than randoms.

Not sure its worth €60 tho

Yeah, myself and Zero were talking about this last night. With this out a week after Far Cry 6, I might wait a while. I also plan to get a series X hopefully during Black Friday and with this on gamepass, that's 60 euro saved.

Also bots are terrible in this, you need full team

Yupp, i think it's 70 euro on psn, absolutely not worth that in its current state. Will have no prob picking it up on sale or just hold out until i get my series s and get it for free* with gamepass.

The special infected are painfully generic unlike their L4D counterparts who were icons. I get they have families of social infected but it's too watered down. Bots are useless but so can be randoms. Like last night, Eoin goes "don't go near the birds, they attract the horde". Random proceeds to shoot birds :)

I will say one positive thing, the auto shotgun is damn fun.

Should be able to modify the guns on the fly, I like the pump shottie and was using a common one, found a purple one but it had a 4x scope on it :/

Just had a quick go at World War Z and had more fun in the first level than B4B. I don't like the 3rd person view as the game is ripe for FPS but the hordes are **** huge and frantic, that's what you want in a zombie game.

WWZ is an excellent game, this is like No Mans Sky all over again, FPS mode coming in the DLC next month ??

The sheer size of the hordes in were amazing when it came out and still are now!!!

Feel like I'm super late to the party but really like what I've seen from the first level and instantly interested in the characters trying to escape. I see there's a sequel coming out soon, impressive there is still dlc being released for the 1st.

• Advertisement

Anyone on for some co-op? I still have a code of anyone wants to try it.

Advertisement