Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gyms to Reopen 2021???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Patsy167 wrote: »
    This might be a bit off topic but I am always amazed at how in the long run everyone seems to revert to the their baseline.

I will see the same 30-40 people at the gym fr the past 5 years and even with the lockdowns, closures etc., the people who were always in amazing shape, still find a way to get it done and return looking amazing. Very motivating to see

Only a handful or two of those in our gym, and 90% of them on PEDs. I couldn't care less for them. Normal people like me, busy working mums, dads etc, come back with few extra pounds and can lift feck all again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

j@utis wrote: »
    Only a handful or two of those in our gym, and 90% of them on PEDs. I couldn't care less for them. Normal people like me, busy working mums, dads etc, come back with few extra pounds and can lift feck all again :D

I don’t take PEDs, but thank you.

I’m joking of course

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I don’t take PEDs, but thank you.

I’m joking of course

You do take PEDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

My arms are very very shaky.

The strength in the back and chest is still there but my arms are in absolute bits.

You do take PEDs?

You’ve seen my numbers Alf, what do you think

• Advertisement

You’ve seen my numbers Alf, what do you think

I think the wallpaper is throwing you off.

I think the wallpaper is throwing you off.

Haha, that, and the lack of PEDs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ahhhh lads I’m in bits, even sitting down hurts
    Hoping a run shakes it off but I’m not sure if I will manage it

I'm not sure what you and your partner get up to in your private life is any concern of this forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Was chatting briefly to the manager of my gym today and he said they are discussing the introduction of masks on the premises at all times. Currently only required to wear to and from he gym floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Patsy167

jrosen wrote: »
    Was chatting briefly to the manager of my gym today and he said they are discussing the introduction of masks on the premises at all times. Currently only required to wear to and from he gym floor

Not ideal but if it helps in any way to keep them open then so be it. Sign me up for Gym+Mask over a closed sign on the front door any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

BD in Cherrywood, no slots and no masks, but if they brought one or both in I would do so if it kept the place open. The pace is so huge though, at 06:15 there are only about 15 people in the place, you can miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

jrosen wrote: »

That'd be a very sad turn of things. I don't think it'd be possible to freeze my membership over the mask issue but if it was, I would. I have to wear mask all day at work and I'm totally sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Not ideal but if it helps in any way to keep them open then so be it. Sign me up for Gym+Mask over a closed sign on the front door any day.

Plus gives a perfectly valid excuse to avoid doing high rep squats! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

j@utis wrote: »
    That'd be a very sad turn of things. I don't think it'd be possible to freeze my membership over the mask issue but if it was, I would. I have to wear mask all day at work and I'm totally sick of it.

Same, 12 hour shifts wearing a mask straight into a 90 minute session of more mask wearing.

Plus gives a perfectly valid excuse to avoid doing high rep squats! :D:D

Why the fuk would anyone want to do high rep squats!!!!

Why the fuk would anyone want to do high rep squats!!!!

They might have nice wallpaper and want to spend longer looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Westwood is fine but the sauna/steam room says Max 4 people and yesterday I looked in and there were at least 10 in the steam room.
    No masks anywhere either, I wear one as much as I can. It's mad hearing how other gyms have rules.
    Apart from that it seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Westwood is fine but the sauna/steam room says Max 4 people and yesterday I looked in and there were at least 10 in the steam room.
    No masks anywhere either, I wear one as much as I can. It's mad hearing how other gyms have rules.
    Apart from that it seems ok.

Delighted to hear some places have saunas and steam rooms back open. Had written off any possibility of these re-appearing until post-vaccine

Delighted to hear some places have saunas and steam rooms back open. Had written off any possibility of these re-appearing until post-vaccine

Yeah they were open last time too. The joys of shaving after a steam room, it just falls off your face.

Gross!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Went to the gym Tuesday and Wednesday. Got a swim in yesterday and this morning, never close again please!!

The old fellas shave in the sauna where I go, they come in with a little pot of water and not a single feck given

Should tell them it's worse for them to shave in there. The heat opens the pores and softens the beard so the shave isn't as clean and will dry your skin out more.

They will still likely give zero fúcks, mind

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The old fellas shave in the sauna where I go, they come in with a little pot of water and not a single feck given

never seen that, Ireland or somewhere else?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

These are Irish fellas in there 70’s
    I thought I was seeing things at first

Probably the same oulfellas that walk around the changing rooms with just a pair of flip flops on eating a banana

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I'm a member of a gym that has two facilities, one is nearer my workplace & the other is nearer home.

In both there are the same group of aul lads who seem to spend most of their time shaving in the sauna/steam room or just walking around the changing rooms bollock naked talking sh1te.

It must be quite common in gyms across Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I can honestly say this doesn't happen in the female changing rooms / areas at all! I feel like I am missing out on the drama :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Can't just blame the oul lads for blow drying their balls in Ben Dunnes by all accounts though

• Advertisement

Looking like next week will be the last week gyms are open, I can't see them opening after Christmas at this rate. Sigh.

Advertisement