Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday with Katie Hannon

Options
  • 19-09-2020 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to Katie Hannon...so far so good.

Comments

Really excellent. She's shown herself to be a versatile presenter. When standing in for Joe Duffy on Liveline she actually listens to callers, allows them to speak and generally doesn't direct down tangents which are irrelevant or boring to listeners. Whilst being genuinely sensitive to callers, she also doesn't take absolute bulsh1t either.

On her new Saturday, a different vehicle altogether, show she's proving herself able to keep it fast paced & concise. I think I will look forward to tuning in for the rest of the Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Nothing new.
    The Saturday show is no different to her presenting the Late Debate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Nothing new.

That'll do nicely then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Nothing new.

RTE was running an advert on Saturday morning for the 'new' show.

It was straight out of Spin Central. Making her out to be some kind of bloodhound crossed with Dean Swift.

The 1 o clock Saturday show under Katie will be the exact same as it was under the previous presenter.

You get some politicians in, sit them around a desk and some questions /debate ensues.

It's a place for politicians to advertise themselves, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have to say, liking this show, awaiting fireworks today :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Good woman, Katie...calling out Matt Carthy for not wanting to give any opinion on the inter-county matches going ahead. Typical Matt Carthy stuff...scared sh1tless to make a decision...might upset the Monaghan fans today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

She’s excellent. Doing great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wilbury Twist

I think Katie Hannon is the most improved broadcaster and has really grown into the role. I remember her back in the day appearing on the likes of Questions & Answers when she was an Evening Herald hack and at the time she was not the most articulate commentator. She has obviously worked hard since then and has evolved into a fine broadcaster.

"I don't want to see industrial action, but..." Aodhan O' Riordain climbing down from his high horse of outrage when moving onto the topic of teachers threatening to strike.

Louise O'Reilly so naturally climbing down off her horse too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Cole wrote: »
    Louise O'Reilly so naturally climbing down off her horse too

Complete disaster in ‘moderation’ by Katie Hannon.

Let Louise O’Reilly completely bully the other participants by letter batter on unchecked.

That’s apart from being totally biased .

Now she’s allowing the panel to take over on the discussion on the Village report/allegation.

This presenter is not up to the job.

What's Leo done now, damn I was hoping we'd hear some lively Leo Bashing, it's been a while

Dempo1 wrote: »
    What's Leo done now, damn I was hoping we'd hear some lively Leo Bashing, it's been a while

Allegedly done Dempo....... be careful.

Statement later.

Have to say again that Katie Hannon is unable to control discussion.

RTE need to get someone who can run these shows properly.

Chances............ nil.

Allegedly done Dempo....... be careful.

Statement later.

Have to say again that Katie Hannon is unable to control discussion.

RTE need to get someone who can run these shows properly.

Chances............ nil.

I actually thinks she's brilliant and so is her late debate show

Even O'Riordain's audible sighing in the background sounds outraged

There we go again, cut the minister off despite him asking to make his point.

His perfectly legitimate point.... Katie has lost control again.

How can people not see this

The auld Vincent Browne tactic

Let’s hope Katie Hannon realizes fairly soon that she is a facilitator in discussions, a referee,for want of a better word, not a participant supplying the conditions to hammer whatever interviewee she wants to fillet.

Hope Katie moderates better today......bad start early on.

Asking people whether Xmas travel will be allowed.

Answer...... nobody knows, no point in guessing , depends on the situation.

Complete waste of time at this stage indulging in speculation.

So why waste time with this crap.

Cullinane and Toibin fighting to see who can get up on the highest horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Hope Katie moderates better today......bad start early on.

Asking people whether Xmas travel will be allowed.

Answer...... nobody knows, no point in guessing , depends on the situation.

Complete waste of time at this stage indulging in speculation.

So why waste time with this crap.

She let Eamon Ryan go on too long. I thought he'd never stop the waffle!!

• Advertisement

Oh ffs...the painful Louise O'Reilly again. SF really need to review wheeling her out at every opportunity..even if she is the health spokesperson.

O'Reilly criticising the "the rush to finger wag and judge"...oh the unbelievable fcuking irony. What an absolute dose.

Oh ffs...the painful Louise O'Reilly again. SF really need to review wheeling her out at every opportunity..even if she is the health spokesperson.

She's actually not health spokesperson but I agree, painful :)

God bless Adrian Cummins, thankless job he has. Sadly, I can't see restaurants reopening, if they do, it will be for 4 weeks, employees at this stage have lost all interest and who in their right mind is going to close their PUP payment only to be left applying for SW 1st Jan, pup ends 31st December.

Entitled to Hope? "WTF does that actually mean", Gob****

She's actually not health spokesperson but I agree, painful :)

Ah yes you're right...she's the ar$e formerly known as spokesperson for health.

Ah yes you're right...she's the ar$e formerly known as spokesperson for health.

:) no doubt there'll be a row shortly

It's amazing, a number of shows on RTE have asked for a spokesperson to discuss the photogate, each time, no one available? Are these shows not broadcasting from RTE? Jesus surely someone can run down the corridor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

God bless Adrian Cummins, thankless job he has. Sadly, I can't see restaurants reopening, if they do, it will be for 4 weeks, employees at this stage have lost all interest and who in their right mind is going to close their PUP payment only to be left applying for SW 1st Jan, pup ends 31st December.

I would love it if thry got to open for December but wouldnt be too confident it will happen.

Lucky for Katie that she got this gig after Sean O Rourke's impromptu banishment. With The Late Debate being rested she could have been on the PUP herself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

O'Reilly criticising the "the rush to finger wag and judge"...oh the unbelievable fcuking irony. What an absolute dose.

Yeah had to.laugh at that coming from Sinn Fein and Louise OReilly.

Probably not surprising in this case though. Louise O Reilly seems to be on RTE more often than your average Morning Ireland presenter so prob considers herself staff at this stage.

Also did anyone else hear her snap at the FG guy to "Calm Down" ... just imagine uf herself or Brid Smith had been told to do so like that by a male politician They would be "called out" for their blatant sexism and given lectures on the patriarchy of society.

Advertisement