Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Let us assume he did have such evidence. He didn't obtain this himself. So there had to be somebody else who gave the evidence to him. And how did they even manage that? He was probably the most watched prisoner on the planet. But what is the point of killing Hess? It isn't like he had any credibility or that anyone would believe him. He was dying soon enough anyway. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

The Trump Russian collusion is an interesting one. Trump was supposed to be colluding with Russia to the extent that they - somehow - won him the 2016 election. Most of that turned out to be rubbish, based on rumours spread by the HRC campaign, but presented as fact at the time.

Even more so when you consider that Russia only went into Ukraine in earnest when Biden took charge. And the fact that Trump told the Germans exactly what dependence on Russian gas would result in, and they laughed at him.

In a way it's a shame we can't visit a parallel timeline where Trump won the 2020 election to see if Putin would have gone into Ukraine and if he had, what Trump would have done. Maybe it would be a smouldering nuclear hellscape, or maybe Trump would be saying what a "great person" Putin is. Who knows.

In this timeline, Biden and the West are weak, and the path we are currently on will lead to Russia using nuclear weapons.

This post sounds pro Trump - it isn't, I detest the man, it is more a criticism of the current Western governments. Zelenskyy has balls of iron in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

While no one wants war in Ukraine, the west and NATO in particular, now have nothing to fear from russia, their armed forces have proven such an absolute shambles that NATO will be happy to supply Ukraine ad infinitum to reduce their army.

Even if russia decided to go nuclear, which they won't, the reprisals would be swift and decisive, even a "tactical" one-off nuke would spell the end of the current russian leadership with NATO only responding using conventional weapons.

I think putin might have waited longer if trump was there, but the same thing would have been done, trump was actively undermining NATO and reducing the US power abroad (N. Korea, Israel and russia ran rings around him and made him dance to their tune with a bit of fake praise).

In this timeline, Biden and the West are weak, and the path we are currently on will lead to Russia using nuclear weapons.

This isn't the reality we live in, and goes back to my earlier comment:

A lot of the theorists on here are falling into the trump supporter/russia sympathiser/COVID denier bucket

I'm no Russia sympathiser or COVID denier.

The west have a lot to fear from Russia.

Saudi Arabia are running rings around Biden.

North Korea are back firing missiles over Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Trump was supposed to be colluding with Russia to the extent that they - somehow - won him the 2016 election.

Russia meddled with the 2016 US election. It's impossible to gauge the full scale of impact it had in terms of election result. Much of it was aimed in support of Trump

Most of that turned out to be rubbish, based on rumours spread by the HRC campaign, but presented as fact at the time.

It was true. I think you are possibly confusing it with the separate charge that Trump actively colluded with Russia. This was found to be not true (with caveats)

This post sounds pro Trump - it isn't, I detest the man, it is more a criticism of the current Western governments. Zelenskyy has balls of iron in comparison.

The West/US/NATO could easily obliterate Russian forces in a conventional war.

We can't do that because it equals WW3, and we're all pretty much dead if that happens. Hence we have our hands heavily tied in this conflict.

• Advertisement

The west had a lot to fear from russia, all has ended up being unfounded, nuclear is all they have left and NATO will have everything positioned and pinpointed were they to try anything there (the GOP might try and make it a thing for the mid-terms).

SA are treading a fine line at the moment, with the world moving away from oil, their influence will wane, and the US has tar sands to fall back on if prices go too high (also possibly a conspiracy there over their $2bn to Kushner).

N. Korea are a failed state, they do this any time they need resources, if that missile actually hit anything, they'd be frightened about what to do and what would happen next (but let's be clear, they could cause a lot of trouble in S.Korea if they wanted to before they fell).

MBS had Khashoggi murdered and Putin had Skripal and Livinenko poisoned. Those are two conspiracies which I find very credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

I'm sorry but you're uttering pure nonsense here. The single bullet theory is based on the theory that the bullet exits Kennedy throat and due to hit something tumbles out sideways and hits Connally at that angle. Carcano would have to leave 3cm wound for Single bullet theory make any sense

There is a reason that charlatans and liars who support the official story have been manipulating the medical evidence of Dr Shaw for years in books and writings. A 1.5cm wound would prove Connally' had bullet nose-on wound and be of a tangent shot.

A carcano bullet hitting sideways is very unlikely to cause a 1.5cm wound, as debunkers know, hence the promotion of the 3cm wound in pictures such as those posted here by Nal, 

How did Russia meddle in the 2016 election? Please explain. Everything I saw on all platforms was pro Hilary Clinton.

For what reason did a leading 9/11 debunker admit NIST screwed up badly in their study? Are you convinced that it is not credible to accuse officials of negligence? My question is just a simple one!

You can dismiss the controlled demolition of building seven as nonsense if you do not consider government officials manipulating the structural design of the building as important.

In my opinion, NIST should be questioned if they are not doing their job properly rather than being left alone.

When we hear something we haven't heard before, we tend to doubt it. Did anyone in mainstream media mention to you that Rudi Dekkers was a Dutch gangster with CIA ties when he managed Huffman Aviation? Years later, he was busted for major drug trafficking. He was presented as a well-standing individual who just happened to train these hijackers on TV. What mainstream media not telling you this was Iran Contra type airport where drug smuggling went on. It seems like this was some kind of heroin operation from Afghanistan explains why all these guys on 9/11 ended up at Huffman aviation. The Barry Seal movie starring Tom Cruise illustrates how the CIA operates in reality, that the phone call from Bill Clinton was real to get him off the hook. All Presidents end up in some sort of scandal because they are corrupt as hell and have an underground world of espionage and dirty tricks, including 9/11.

There is no mention in the public of men carrying boxes through the lobbies of the WTC. In fact, those pictures show how easy it was to move stuff into those towers unnoticed. It seems suspicious because ceiling panels were removed without any reason inside the room. This makes no sense.

• Advertisement

And what did you think of trump? And COVID?

Or even mentioned above, what happened to Sergei Skripal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I did not mention "The Single-Bullet theory" but based on your reply I don't think you even read the post.

You just return to your "gotcha" about the 3cm wound that was actually a 1.5cm wound.

Go back, read my post carefully and respond. Either that or remove yourself entirely from the discussion as you are not engaging in good faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Have a look through the JFK thread. Hes absolutely hopeless.

Same on 9/11. Professional question dodger. A coward of a poster.

Maybe it's one of you guys on an alt account with an extreme caricature of a conspiracy theorist to make them look especially bad. A conspiracy of one if you will ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Even in trolling fantasy land I couldn't come up with something that good bad

Imagine creating a new type of bullet wound and claiming it is real. Bullets have dimensions and if a Carcano bullet hit sideways, it would have to create a puncture wound of the same size to pass through bone and flesh.

A bullet strikes Connally back in a sideways trajectory, and that's the theory used to demonstrate Oswald fired this bullet.

Researchers have left out that Connally's wound was 1.5 cm and instead claimed Connally's wound was 3 cm, the same length as Carcano bullet.

Nal even uploaded what they claim on another thread blissfully unaware of the lie. Read the entry wound description

Having just watched Vatican Girl on Netflix, there's clearly a huge amount of credible conspiracy around that.

It's not even questionable really.

That's another conspiracy I hear a lot from the likes of Alex Jones, that the "mainstream media" is all controlled.

There are hundreds if not thousands of outlets all over the world, does someone tell Swedish and Italian and British journalists what to report? Do they all have to be told at the exact same time to get the whole story right?

Or is it, as I suspect, just the usual case of a few conspiracy types cherry-picking some isolated stories or reports from decades of journalism from thousands of outlets in order to gaslight that all of it is magically controlled, and they haven't put much thought into it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again, bizarre rant from someone I've never interacted with before.

What credible conspiracy theories have been presented on this thread?

One of Cheerfuls?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Good point, the CT'ers just run screaming when presented with facts. Even the bit you could read outside the paywall said it was a preprint, not reviewed and controversial. The full article goes into the reasoning behind this (one) study and what the issues are.

GQP'ers of course love to demonize Fauci, who saved millions of American lives despite their best efforts and the GQP making grift including frauds like Rand Paul.

• Advertisement

and even if they are right I dont see how that vilifies Fauci. He was acting on the information available at the time the same as everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Obviously it doesn't. It's just enormous amounts of intellectual p*nis envy on the part of the GQP'ers - ignorance is intelligence in their world, uneducated is educated. They hate Fauci (And Birx and the lot) because they know they'll never be as successful as he has been nor as smart, they just can't stand being reminded of their intellectual failings by someone on TV. It's what TFG panders to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

What a stream of stinking effluent.

A prime example of why the pool of posters and opinions is shrinking on this once great site.

Igotadose you are a dose.

----------------------------------------------

1 point warning for personal abuse

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

The verbal diarrhoea from the dose.

Any mention of covid origins or Fauchi and he appears to spout his own bizarre conspiracy theory about GQP?

I would prefer to find out about the covid origins while others want to talk Trump, Republicans, Biden etc etc.

It's bizarre behaviour and intentionally shuts down conversation.

how is fauci to blame for not knowing something that has only just been discovered, if indeed anything has actually been discovered?

Who said he is to blame? I certainly didn't.

I said if anyone were to know information relating to covid that is not in the public domain it would be him due to his position, influence and history.

Then the dose arrived and derailed any chance of conversation. Intentional of course. Sure why am I telling you. You were there

you want to tie him to a chair so you do place responsibility on him. how is he responsible? do you think he hid the information during the pandemic? do you think he even has that power?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Are you unable to understand that two different points in time are being spoken about, and that the article you linked to wasn’t available?

Let’s call the time points A and B.

A. Fauci said X using the information available. (Note the study your article references was NOT available).

B. Today - you want to tie Fauci to a chair and question as to why, at point A, he didn’t say what the new study says because it didn’t exist

If you can’t see how silly your thought process is then there’s no helping you.

• Advertisement

as well as thinking that Fauci has some authority to prevent research being published.

Advertisement