Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Cordell

Apart from the brow scar everything is different: different nose shape, different mouth/lips shape.
    Also, the scar is missing from in game cutscenes.
    Also, not consistent with the backstory.

But that will not stop them to retcon it into being true if they really want to :)

As for the generic Far Cry formula, I'm ok with it, it's what should be expected from a Far Cry game, right? Same basic formula, some incremental changes, but all that matters is how the game ends up, story, gameplay, all this is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cordell wrote: »
    Apart from the brow scar everything is different: different nose shape, different mouth/lips shape.
    Also, the scar is missing from in game cutscenes.
    Also, not consistent with the backstory.

But that will not stop them to retcon it into being true if they really want to :)

As for the generic Far Cry formula, I'm ok with it, it's what should be expected from a Far Cry game, right? Same basic formula, some incremental changes, but all that matters is how the game ends up, story, gameplay, all this is what matters.

I don't think he is Vaas as it looks to be set in present day. It looks like this will be different as there will be an actual city in the map, not just open countryside like previous games.
    And it looks like the weapons will be completely craftable, would love if they brought in something like Gunsmith where you can upgrade the weapons with different components.

I think we will get both, a city and rural areas, but the focus will be the urban location:

For the first time in Far Cry, experience a sprawling capital city: Esperanza, the most expansive Far Cry playground to date. Take down Anton in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging Anton’s army in an all-out firefight in the streets. From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to fight against the regime or to just travel Yara in style

Can't wait.

Cordell wrote: »
    I think we will get both, a city and rural areas, but the focus will be the urban location:

For the first time in Far Cry, experience a sprawling capital city: Esperanza, the most expansive Far Cry playground to date. Take down Anton in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging Anton’s army in an all-out firefight in the streets. From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to fight against the regime or to just travel Yara in style

Can't wait.
    Yeah definitely hope the focus is on the city. Would love if they added a parkour system like in Dying Light

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Who are you in this? The President in his youth? The Kid? Someone that works for him? :confused:

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Who are you in this? The President in his youth? The Kid? Someone that works for him? :confused:

Neither
    As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza. You’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog. As President Castillo prepares his son Diego, played by Anthony Gonzalez (“Coco”), to succeed him, you will do all you can to ensure his plans don’t come to fruition.

No, probably just some random dude/dudette - you can choose to play as a female character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I just cannot generate a modicum of enthusiasm for this. I loved 3, finished 4, and gave up on 5 after about 10 to 12 hours as it was just more of the same, traipsing around the countryside, getting attacked by wildlife, killing 20 badgers to upgrade my wallet, fighting the dumb as rocks AI. The companions took away from the game IMO as they were more of a hindrance than a help. The island setting of 3 was great, because it felt tight and more self contained than what follows. and so far, this looks like it hasn't moved on either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm more interested in Quarantine meself, but that's the first we've heard about it in ages. At least it's still being worked on, I guess.

Is it true about the
    crocodile
    ?

There is another countdown. What's the point promoting gameplay reveal for certain time and then having another count down. Check back at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There is another countdown. What's the point promoting gameplay reveal for certain time and then having another count down. Check back at 6pm

It’s to give everyone a chance to catch up on the insightful and thought-provoking comments from the learned individuals in the YouTube live chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Release date is 7th of October 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A gun that plays Macarena song on cd .... Preordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It actually looks class, getting serious Boiling Point vibes which is great, the way you can put away your gun and not just be an instant target to enemies all the time. Dani seems great as well, she has a proper personality. Sorry if i missed it but is there a choice to pick male Dani? I know it was said here but it would look really forced if that was the case going by this female heavy Dani trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It's Ubisoft so what do you think? lol

The leak I saw was slightly different to what we got today, which did feature more of male Dani. They must have seen the overwhelming excitement for the Forbidden West showcase and decided to turn up the oestrogen to 11, coupled with the bad press Ubisoft has been getting for how they treat their female employees.

Look, I don't care whether a protagonist is male or female. Being a woman, it’s always a delight to get a cool female protagonist but I’d take a badass male lead over a ****ty female one any day. I grew up with male protagonists so I can live with no female representation. What I don’t like is bad representation i.e. when decisions are made about female characters that are sexist and/or projected on to the player. We know that there is internal struggle between the higher ups at Ubisoft and their creators, the latter of which has desperately been trying to make a female led game for about 5 years now and the former who won’t let them without a male option. They've made games with solely male protagonists but when it comes to female protagonists a male option has to be included?

We talk about ‘pandering’ but this is a prime example of it. Not only is this insulting to women but it’s pandering to a presumed sexist male audience. Ubisoft is projecting their sexist notions on to all of gamers and the fact is obviously not all male gamers hate women and even the ones who do won’t be deterred from purchasing a female led game if it has enough hype.

Thy developers are even passive aggressively shooting a middle finger up to their higher up by giving the protagonist decidedly female names, such as Dani, Eivor. Either do the female protagonist properly and go all the way or don’t do it at all.

Strangely enough I found the 2 females leads of AC Odyssey & Valhalla to be well created & it looked like the males were designed at the last second.

Kassandra in particular is probably my favourite AC character.

Standard edition for XB1/Series X/PS4/PS5 is €64.99 at Smyths including free delivery at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Standard edition for XB1/Series X/PS4/PS5 is €64.99 at Smyths including free delivery at the moment.

It's €56 delivered on the Ubisoft store if you spend 100 uPoints for a 20% discount, so a decent bit cheaper that route.

It's €56 delivered on the Ubisoft store if you spend 100 uPoints for a 20% discount, so a decent bit cheaper that route.

Cool. I have 720 units/uPoints so I might go down that route.

Far Cry 6 has “something else” in store for players once the story is over, Ubisoft says - via PCGamesN

Battle Royale zombie Soulslike mode incoming...

Advertisement