Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shed costs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You can claim the VAT back on the shed even if not registered for VAT

Ya I factored that in but vat in general is 13.5% or 12%of net cost approximately

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Tileman

What is it about ****ing builders that they can never turn up whe they are suppose to and never even answer their phone. The recesssion can’t come quick enough for some them. Small memeries.

Don’t mind lads are busy but whe u give a day and u take time off work and they Tilley don’t even answer their phones.
    Anyway rang over.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

I have t exactly the same issue with Tradesman / Builders.
    At the outset, I go through what I expect,e.g courtesy in giving advance notice of delays, etc.
    Most of the time if they continue to play around I cease business with them.
    Currently, the issue is Slurry Contractor-made crap of yard pillars.
    Doesn't want to know anything about it. ( wtf )
    Now I will be going to Small Claims Court, it becomes a matter of principle.

I have another tradesman presented an Invoice ( inflated ) & refuses to write up the main parts used & their costs .

It was a total accident I figured out what was going on .
    Can someone make suggestions as to what approach I shud consider taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Track9 wrote: »
    I have t exactly the same issue with Tradesman / Builders.
    At the outset, I go through what I expect,e.g courtesy in giving advance notice of delays, etc.
    Most of the time if they continue to play around I cease business with them.
    Currently, the issue is Slurry Contractor-made crap of yard pillars.
    Doesn't want to know anything about it. ( wtf )
    Now I will be going to Small Claims Court, it becomes a matter of principle.

I have another tradesman presented an Invoice ( inflated ) & refuses to write up the main parts used & their costs .

It was a total accident I figured out what was going on .
    Can someone make suggestions as to what approach I shud consider taking?

I think going to small claims court will give you a bad a reputation and you may get It difficult to get guys into do work again. Have you paid for the work yet, if not just hold payments until repairs are done.
    In relation to the invoice for the trademans invoice, no payment until you are happy with the last invoice .

Advertisement