Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Bride/Groom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

We are assuming that there’ll be restrictions in place by the time we get married (April 2021) so are just getting on with it.

Is anyone else attending a wedding any time soon?

We're April next year too- I'm kind of assuming there'll still be certain restrictions (like hand cleaning stations dotted around) and maybe fewer people on more tables....not sweating it too much right now though, as there are so many variables!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yep, I’m the exact same lollipop. I can’t change anything anyway so won’t stress. There’s some comfort as well that we won’t be first socially distant weddings too so I’m confident that our hotel (and guests!) will be well used to any of the restrictions that might still be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Would you have the email for the Dublin office? I emailed an address I saw online but received no response so not sure if it was the right one.

Thank you

No I just emailed the one on the HSE website

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hey guys, I'm April 2021 as well and definitely feeling the same. There will more than likely still be restrictions at that point and what can we do, just do what we can and enjoy the day as best we can.

I found my dress two weeks ago and if anyone is still on the lookout I would highly recommend Memories in Cork. It was such a lovely experience and if you'd like more info, please PM me and I can recommend the guy I went to.

Hope everyone is getting on OK.

I collected my dress today, I felt so comfortable in the shop. It was strange wearing a mask but I was completely over the moon wearing my dress! My nerves just completely disappeared.

We're going ahead doing the few things we can plan at the moment. We did the postal notifcation of intent to marry, and we're waiting on the jeweller to price up the rings.
    We've plenty of time yet, as ours is a Spring wedding, but just in case we go back a phase or two in the lockdown, we're doing what we can.

We're happy to go with whatever comes our way. If it's just us and witnesses, or family only, or being allowed 80 guests. We can always have a celebration when it's safe to do so.

How is everyone doing?

• Advertisement

I collected my dress today, I felt so comfortable in the shop. It was strange wearing a mask but I was completely over the moon wearing my dress! My nerves just completely disappeared.

We're going ahead doing the few things we can plan at the moment. We did the postal notifcation of intent to marry, and we're waiting on the jeweller to price up the rings.
    We've plenty of time yet, as ours is a Spring wedding, but just in case we go back a phase or two in the lockdown, we're doing what we can.

We're happy to go with whatever comes our way. If it's just us and witnesses, or family only, or being allowed 80 guests. We can always have a celebration when it's safe to do so.

How is everyone doing?

Hey Lucas Lemon Marmoset,

Sounds like you're very organised, well done and fair play.

We have most things sorted. Bridesmaid dresses are picked and delivered, which is another thing ticked off. Hoping to pick rings by the end of the summer. Does intent to marry need to be done well in advance?

We are much the same. Happy to go ahead with just immediate family or if the numbers are 100 or less, we will make the best of it. We are spring next year as well :-)

Oh god you’ve collected you’re dress!? Congrats! I only started shopping today for our April wedding :o

I visited two shops today, one GREAT experience and one really crap one. Have another appointment tomorrow and two next weekend. I *think* I found my dress today though, so we will see if I can top it this week.

Getting our rings sorted for August, as well as grooms suit. BM dresses to be sorted in September. Going to be DIYing my pew ends and center pieces soon too. Everything else is done though thankfully. Feels positive :)

@cazzer22: The notifcation of intention to marry can be done any time, but make sure it's done at least 3 months before the wedding date. We're trying to organise it at the moment as I'm a 'cocooner' / 'at risk'. They're allowing postal notifications for now, and they'll arrange an appointment at a later date to finalise it.
    Well done to you too! You've more than us done :)
    I completely agree, making the best of it is a good outlook to have when everything is so uncertain.

@Michellenman: You have a great plan :) I'm well impressed you're going to diy the centrepieces and pew ends! I lack patience for making things so I'm envious!
    I had originally planned to start look for my dress around March/April, but decided to have a nosey early in the year, and totally by surprise I found my dress!

One thing I'm looking forward to, which I know is a long way away, is the menu tastings :D I'm trying to be very good now as I over did it with the baking during lockdown :o

Oh god you’ve collected you’re dress!? Congrats! I only started shopping today for our April wedding :o

I visited two shops today, one GREAT experience and one really crap one. Have another appointment tomorrow and two next weekend. I *think* I found my dress today though, so we will see if I can top it this week.

Getting our rings sorted for August, as well as grooms suit. BM dresses to be sorted in September. Going to be DIYing my pew ends and center pieces soon too. Everything else is done though thankfully. Feels positive :)

We're April too- am getting our BM dresses this Thursday, he got his ring yesterday and I'm getting mine in the next week (have it picked). Will be shopping for suits in August and I'm shopping for my dress the first week of Sept.

I know it's a bit down to the wire for the dress, but my mam lives abroad so wanted to wait til she was home!

Oh it will be lovely to have your mum home.

Ordered my dress today, another thing ticked off my list. Can’t wait to get to wear it now :)

• Advertisement

I just saw over on Bargain Alerts that An Post are selling 10 N stamps for €8, they're in two designs, 2018 and 2020. I've ordered the 2018 Love & Marriage, as I've heard so many complaining about the 2020 version being too much of a hassle, the middle bit of the 'O' in love is a separate sticker, as are the two little hearts.
    No harm having stamps in the house anyway, so if anyone wants to stock up, the link is below :)
    https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Stamps-labels/Occasion-stamps

I just saw over on Bargain Alerts that An Post are selling 10 N stamps for €8, they're in two designs, 2018 and 2020. I've ordered the 2018 Love & Marriage, as I've heard so many complaining about the 2020 version being too much of a hassle, the middle bit of the 'O' in love is a separate sticker, as are the two little hearts.
    No harm having stamps in the house anyway, so if anyone wants to stock up, the link is below :)
    https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Stamps-labels/Occasion-stamps

Oooh thanks!! I’ve stocked up now for invites and thank you cards. I went for 2018 too :)

Ordered my bridesmaids' dresses yesterday! Went to Wed2B in Drumcondra- I was surprised at the quality considering they're only €90 each! The BM slot is only 30mins so you best know what you're looking for going in- I'd already picked what I wanted them to try on in advance so we were in and out very fast!

Another thing off the list!!

Ordered my bridesmaids' dresses yesterday! Went to Wed2B in Drumcondra- I was surprised at the quality considering they're only €90 each! The BM slot is only 30mins so you best know what you're looking for going in- I'd already picked what I wanted them to try on in advance so we were in and out very fast!

Another thing off the list!!

Great stuff :) had you a colour in mind when you went in?
    It's good to know about the time limit!

Great stuff :) had you a colour in mind when you went in?
    It's good to know about the time limit!

Yep- I'd already looked at the website and had picked a colour the dresses come in. 3 girls are in different dresses but same colour.

Yep- I'd already looked at the website and had picked a colour the dresses come in. 3 girls are in different dresses but same colour.

Oh I love that idea!
    I had a chat with my ladies during the week, and they want to go shopping for their dresses in September/October. I think once we've a colour(s) in mind we can plan for the suits :)

What colour are you planning for suits? My fiancé is going to choose his suit before we sort out BM dresses as he’s thinking of maybe going for a dark green or burgundy suit. If he goes with either of those then I think the groomsmen might go in a lighter grey suit with a waist coat matching the groom. But then I’ve to find BM dresses that don’t clash with that...

There’s loads of pics of green/burgundy grooms suits on Pinterest but very few photos where they show the full bridal party to get an idea of cohesiveness.

What colour are you planning for suits? My fiancé is going to choose his suit before we sort out BM dresses as he’s thinking of maybe going for a dark green or burgundy suit. If he goes with either of those then I think the groomsmen might go in a lighter grey suit with a waist coat matching the groom. But then I’ve to find BM dresses that don’t clash with that...

There’s loads of pics of green/burgundy grooms suits on Pinterest but very few photos where they show the full bridal party to get an idea of cohesiveness.

Our stamps arrived :D

We have no colours in mind for anything yet :o

With burgandy or dark green you could have some really lovely combinations. Gold, blush, or champagne dresses might work? :)

Our stamps arrived :D

We have no colours in mind for anything yet :o

With burgandy or dark green you could have some really lovely combinations. Gold, blush, or champagne dresses might work? :)

Our stamps arrived too. Thanks so much for the tip (can't remember who posted) :-)

Hopefully mine will arrive soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

BM dresses arrived today from The Gown House Australia. Colours are beautiful. Quality is AMAZING. Lots of great quality material and falls beautifully on the ladies.

Want to know the shocking bit? They only cost 50 each! And 38 for the flowergirl. Was a major gamble, I expected there would be a catch! Can't recommend enough we are chuffed. PM if you want more details.

Pink11 wrote: »
    Got BM dresses arrived today from The Gown House Australia. Colours are beautiful. Quality is AMAZING. Lots of great quality material and falls beautifully on the ladies.

Want to know the shocking bit? They only cost 50 each! And 38 for the flowergirl. Was a major gamble, I expected there would be a catch! Can't recommend enough we are chuffed. PM if you want more details.

Oh I would love details! I have an appointment in folkster at the end of this month with my BMs but I’m so indecisive about colours. Would love some inspiration!

Oh I would love details! I have an appointment in folkster at the end of this month with my BMs but I’m so indecisive about colours. Would love some inspiration!
    Hi, best of luck on the hunt. I went for copper/rust. Absoutely thrilled with the colour in real life, it's a hard colour to get right: https://www.thegownhouse.com.au/collections/i-n-f-i-n-i-t-y-g-o-w-n-s/products/rust-infinity-gown

https://www.instagram.com/thegownhouseaustralia/

Girls tried them on this evening and each wore it in a different style and they looked fab next to each other. Delighted and the low price made it even sweeter :D Anyone on a budget check it out!

Had a look in folkster pre-Covid (loved all their photos) but was a bit disappointed with the quality and price to match. Perhaps it was just the styles I was looking at though.

I LOVE the rust colour :eek:

I have a BM outfit from folkster and the quality is great, but I think You’re right, some of the dresses can be hit or miss. we have a two piece skirt and top combo and its lovely I have to say.

I said yes to my dress this weekend! Delighted/relieved to have it sorted. Still forging ahead with our plans for next April.....

Congrats on getting your dress! How did you find the shopping experience? I was dreading it, I thought I’d struggle to find anything I liked but actually everything looked great :D

I really go between panicking for next April and then the next minute being totally cool about it because I know I can’t change anything.

I don’t doubt covid will still be around in 2021 but so much has changed in the last 6 months, I can only imagine the advances that will be made in the next 8 months too. Trying to stay positive.

I’m also aware that if we decided to postpone it would likely mean going to 2022 or possibly even 2023 if we wanted to keep all our suppliers, we don’t want to wait that long and don’t want to change suppliers either.

I LOVE the rust colour :eek:

I have a BM outfit from folkster and the quality is great, but I think You’re right, some of the dresses can be hit or miss. we have a two piece skirt and top combo and its lovely I have to say.

Oh some stuff is beautiful and I do love their skirt and tops combo they look really elegant and different depending on how you mix and match. It's just they didn't really stock the colour I was looking for so I was very limited. Their rust colour wasn't the one I was going for sadly.

Best of luck with your apointment!

Congrats on getting your dress! How did you find the shopping experience? I was dreading it, I thought I’d struggle to find anything I liked but actually everything looked great :D

I had a great experience at LoveEllie in Cavan-the ladies couldn't do enough for us. It's true that when you know, you know. I knew it was my dress as soon as it was on me!

Same couldn't be said for The White Room in Mullingar- very conveyor belt feel, dresses were all tiiiiny sample sizes that couldn't do up and generally felt rushed by staff.

Congrats on finding your dress! That's so exciting, and glad you had a lovely experience! It's a funny feeling when you know you've found it :)

The rust is gorgeous!

I'll be looking at bridesmaids dresses in the next month or so, after the groom has sorted his suit. Himself has a colour in mind so we'll see how he gets on. I don't know what colour for the bridesmaids yet, so I may find it hard to choose :)

Is anyone planning on having a hen party? I hadn't even thought about it, and had heard no mention until one of my friends who has postponed from 2020 said she doesn't think she'll be having a hen.

• Advertisement

I had a great experience at LoveEllie in Cavan-the ladies couldn't do enough for us. It's true that when you know, you know. I knew it was my dress as soon as it was on me!

Same couldn't be said for The White Room in Mullingar- very conveyor belt feel, dresses were all tiiiiny sample sizes that couldn't do up and generally felt rushed by staff.

Aw that’s great! I had the opposite experience in the white room, I had such a lovely and calm experience and the woman looking after us was so knowledgeable, I got my dress there in the end. I went on a Sunday though so maybe it was quieter than you experienced. Didn’t feel one but rushed :)

I went to another place because a Close friend LOVED it and I had a rotten appointment, It must really depend of the person who deals with you wherever you go.

Advertisement