Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

• 28-12-2019 7:36am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Please see previous thread here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Little boxes, little boxes.....yowled in a horrible Yankee/Mid-Atlantic (?) accent - for Nissan cars - apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The last thread is probably full of this one, but that Suzuki Vitara ad. 'I'm a husband, dad, work in the city..about to have most important meeting of my life...But now it's time to play' .

You sound like a barrel of laughs in your Suzuki Vitara. And where are you going to play exactly?? Doing 30km in a residential area? Doing 50 km in a village? Or doing 100km dodging potholes on some of our national roads??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

EmptyTree wrote: »
    The last thread is probably full of this one, but that Suzuki Vitara ad. 'I'm a husband, dad, work in the city..about to have most important meeting of my life...But now it's time to play' .

I heard that today and thought, "No you're not. You're very clearly actor and comedian Michael Smiley, who I remember from Spaced and other stuff." Its the worst ad I've heard in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

At least the awful Xmas ads are done, for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Specsavers should of went to another ad agency

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

"We probably should"
    "yeah, I think"
    "what"
    "but if we didn't....or didn't not..in I suppose"
    "its definietly.....the thing, I think"

What in the name of good god are those pair talking about? Its VHI or something, but it reallly makes no sense. I know they want to be genuine by using real people, but I get more confused the more I listen to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The new Air France ad is somehow worse than last year's version. She really nails that pronuonciation of C'est magniFIQUE. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭depaor01

Oh God yes. Air France must be in its fourth year using that voice and script. Still unable to find a real French person to advertise the Flag Carrier airline or an ad agency to do it differently.

While I'm at it, breathy "Hyundai Discover Why" is making me lose the will to live. Oh and "You might admire a 2020 Mercedes in the street" shyteology. I'd be more impressed with a nicely restored 1978 Beetle.

Ulster Bank and "Muuuuum"!!

Please make it all stop! Pleeeeaae!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's back for another year - Riverdance!

Just in case you missed it the last twenty times.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Switch your mortgage....it's a doddl.ie:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Those oh lala Air France adverts!

That ass in his Suzuki Vitara!

All the recent Specsaver adverts, seriously who are they paying to produce that rubbish?!

Anything with Dermot Bannon in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

jay0109 wrote: »

This might be the worst radio ad I've ever heard.

Stena Line with yet another Allo Allo French accent.
    For fück sake lots of French people live here, hire one for a voiceover.

That interiors one with yer man with the NI accent.
    "Mrrrrrrrs" (mirrors)
    It's an authentic accent but it just grates.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mommy and Daddy are still hungover. I think they have a drinking problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mr E wrote: »
    Mommy and Daddy are still hungover. I think they have a drinking problem.

you would worry about the pair of them at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I fully expect to see the CEO of Suzuki wearing a navy boiler suit at a press conference bowing profusely while apologising to the people of Ireland for employing that ad agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

You almost expect them to say that doddle with an "e" was already taken and they couldn't afford to buy it. It's so unashamedly cheap and naff though, I kind of like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

plodder wrote: »
    You almost expect them to say that doddle with an "e" was already taken and they couldn't afford to buy it. It's so unashamedly cheap and naff though, I kind of like it.

I just wonder if the girl is “hot”. She sounds cute like.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The big electric switch by Nissan.

What shower of utter cretins thought that was good idea?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dan Jaman wrote: »

The same cretins who think their blobfish is the car you really want. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

This might be the worst radio ad I've ever heard.

WHAT??

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

The 'science blast' ad - does the kid really ask 'how filthy are our parents?' or am I hearing things!?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

The Ford Commercial track with the guy making that annoying 'MMMMMM' sound every few seconds, God I want slap his chops so bad
    such a cheap ad - not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

One of the guys on that car ad sounds an awful lot like Damien O'Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I fully expect to see the CEO of Suzuki wearing a navy boiler suit at a press conference bowing profusely while apologising to the people of Ireland for employing that ad agency.

I’m 36 - me too
    I’m a dad, a husband, a manager - me too
    I live in the country - me too
    And work in the city - oh my god, ME TOO! I feel like we could be best frien- oh wait, you’re trying to sell me a car? Oh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I’m 36 - me too
    I’m a dad, a husband, a manager - me too
    I live in the country - me too
    And work in the city - oh my god, ME TOO! I feel like we could be best frien- oh wait, you’re trying to sell me a car? Oh

It's so out of touch with where we need to be heading as well - cars should be regarded as a means of transport rather than a 1970s status symbol or plaything.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any company having to spell out their name deserves to go under, I hope they are bankrupt by July, half their ad spend is to explain why some idiot couldn't come up with a proper unused name.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoryDublin

All the ads for the cars :-)

The new Air France ad is somehow worse than last year's version. She really nails that pronuonciation of C'est magniFIQUE. :confused:

It's the sudden shift from robot drone to madameoiselle flair that makes that so strange.

Like going from first gear to fifth and then back again with no in between

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »

I'd say that "electrician" couldn't wire a plug, going by the dialogue. Dopey bastard.

Advertisement