Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo Labo VR kit

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And here's the official trailer!
    Looks like a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Got the robot labo for 20 euro from the bargain thread before Christmas. It's great. Although this is expensive Nintendo have packed a lot more into it.

The starter pack definitely looks worth a try - my son loved the VR setup at a recent science event locally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, overnight, Nintendo have announced that following the release of the LABO:04 VR Kit on the 12th of April, they will be releasing VR patches for both Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

This means that both of the best games of 2017 are going to be playable in VR, with Odyssey limiting it to some specifically designed experiences and BotW allowing you to play the whole game in VR, in 3D, including your existing game save.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mother of God... I might actually pick up a Switch for this ;)

Regardless of what videogaming church you pray in, BotW is magnificent.
    It'll be fascinating to see how it's going to work via Labo, particularly when the headset has to be held in place.
    Still, for those who already own the console and the game, like me, it's a very low bar being set in terms of cost to try this out.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Regardless of what videogaming church you pray in, BotW is magnificent.

I have a Wii U so was planning on picking it up for that at some stage alright... prefer to get it digital.

But to play it in VR would certainly be a kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I would be reluctant to call it VR really, more just a 3d view of the game, a-la the 3DS, as it's not going to be first person, you'll essentially be getting the camera view in 3D.

To use other games where they've patched VR into the game as example, this would be more akin to the use of VR in Trackmania Turbo, where you're a floating camera, rather than Wipeout Omega Collection, where you're in the cockpit racing.

Should still be enjoyable, assuming they have some way of comfortably strapping it to your head so that your hands are free to play the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Star Lord wrote: »

Should still be enjoyable, assuming they have some way of comfortably strapping it to your head so that your hands are free to play the game!
    Im fairly sure the controllers need to be on the switch so you have to have your hands up beside your head moving the controls. Maybe if you had a pro controller you could control it that way, but in all the videos it looks like you have to physically hold this thing up. Looks like a nice product for its intended userbase though!

Judging by the size of it, I'd say it would be extremely painful on the neck if it were reliant on straps (size of the cardboard + weight of the Switch etc) so I think holding it up to your face binocular-style is the only way it could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Hi all. My son had this but lost the disk. He's asked Santa for a replacement dick. I'm not having any luck on Amazon or usual sites. Does anyone know where I could get one or anyone have spare they'd like to sell?

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Megager wrote: »
    Hi all. My son had this but lost the disk. He's asked Santa for a replacement dick. I'm not having any luck on Amazon or usual sites. Does anyone know where I could get one or anyone have spare they'd like to sell?

Thanks a million

Do a search for Toy-Con 04 on ebay, thats the name of the disk on its own.

Heres one for £12 from a uk seller, if they dont offer postage to ireland you could always ask them:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Labo-Toy-Con-04-Cartridge/233783585247?hash=item366e9669df:g:6K8AAOSwNm1fsnFJ

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Doge wrote: »
    Do a search for Toy-Con 04 on ebay, thats the name of the disk on its own.

Heres one for £12 from a uk seller, if they dont offer postage to ireland you could always ask them:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Labo-Toy-Con-04-Cartridge/233783585247?hash=item366e9669df:g:6K8AAOSwNm1fsnFJ

Thanks a million. Apologies I just noticed typo.
    I'll go with that.
    Much appreciated
    Ger

Advertisement