Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭goochy

the guy sounded a bit weird , saying he wanted to help a fellow kildare person , but anyone who points out Rays many flaws ( he is on 400k ) is fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Happened to hear Darcy talk to that guy that was on first dates last night. Since being on he got back with his ex and is expecting a baby shortly. Darcy starts with lets go back over a few dates, so it was filmed in bla bla bla and you got back with her when???? Cheap shot but usual p1ss poor interviewing skills

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Happened to hear Darcy talk to that guy that was on first dates last night. Since being on he got back with his ex and is expecting a baby shortly. Darcy starts with lets go back over a few dates, so it was filmed in bla bla bla and you got back with her when???? Cheap shot but usual p1ss poor interviewing skills

I heard that bit. It's worse he's getting. I think he was hoping to have a birth live on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Anybody joining Ray on his 5k run in April?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

gamecube wrote: »
    Anybody joining Ray on his 5k run in April?

Does he do a bit of running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Does he do a bit of running?

I doubt it.

He never said anything about it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

My proudest running moment was seeing D'arcy in his normal spot during the Dublin Marathon, right at the top of the hill when at mile 21 , when absolutely everyone is hanging and hitting the wall , and him standing there with his big fat smug head telling everyone "well done etc" , and telling him to his face , "shut up Darcy you smug fupper"..:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Not sure I'd be going to this contributor for advice, she'd do your head in :)

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Not sure I'd be going to this contributor for advice, she'd do your head in :)

You should be "demasking your negativity".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

goochy wrote: »
    Brenda is a head wrecker but shes a good looking curvy woman

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of her, but I always assumed she was a Melissa McCarthy lookalike.

Her voice is like a cheese grater for the ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

who's this guy he's interviewing? depressing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Are you the type of person who is easily pleased".

f**k me, I guess Stephen is not an avid listener to the buzzkill.

no shes better looking than Melissa - but you have to like cury women

Guest: X was crying when he watched the movie.

Ray: Good Good Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray got sick at a sport and science centre yesterday.

Must have been too much fun.

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray got sick at a sport and science centre yesterday.

Must have been too much fun.

The man is as dry as salt.

Yeah, well done to Tony Ten for being very honest about his thieving of hundreds of thousands of euros from the State. A great man indeed.

Got K9 and K2 mixed up - funny if it wasnt so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I thought he'd be on the porridge pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

The Michael Jackson documentary will be a big ratings draw for Channel 4 Wednesday & Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,948 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

gamecube wrote: »
    The Michael Jackson documentary will be a big ratings draw for Channel 4 Wednesday & Thursday night.

Ratings: “Leaving Neverland” Not a Ratings Smash for HBO, Beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” Survivalists Show

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/05/ratings-leaving-neverland-not-a-ratings-smash-for-hbo-beaten-by-real-housewives-of-atlanta-beachfront-bargain-hunt-survivalists-show

And ironic that Roger Friedman is the author of the article. I'm not alone in the boycott. Channel 4 should have higher viewer figures, it's a bit of a trashy station.

Well it certainly wasn't for HBO. Ray is a dirty rat for letting that weasel Dan Reed on his show today. Channel 4 is a trashy channel so they probably will attract the chaff. Ray decided Michael Jackson was guilty on 31st January after listening to clearly a MJ hater go unchallenged on Liveline. The caller compared MJ to Hitler, brought up Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter and others. Joe let him go mostly unchecked, apart from the Hitler comment. The lying rant starts at ~40:45.

https://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2019/0131/20190131_rteradio1-liveline-liveline_cl10992706_10995105_261_/manifest.m3u8

Ray said right at the beginning of the show that he wouldn't play Michael's music ever again. Hadn't seen the show, nobody had outside of the Sundance festival. Didn't do any research, or fact checking. Just right there on the spot, made up his mind. He has no business being on the air.

Edit: And just so you know Ray, I decided there and then that I wouldn't listen to your show ever again. Had never watched his Saturday night TV show, never would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

sligeach wrote: »
    Ratings: “Leaving Neverland” Not a Ratings Smash for HBO, Beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” Survivalists Show

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/05/ratings-leaving-neverland-not-a-ratings-smash-for-hbo-beaten-by-real-housewives-of-atlanta-beachfront-bargain-hunt-survivalists-show

And ironic that Roger Friedman is the author of the article. I'm not alone in the boycott. Channel 4 should have higher viewer figures, it's a bit of a trashy station.

Well it certainly wasn't for HBO. Ray is a dirty rat for letting that weasel Dan Reed on his show today. Channel 4 is a trashy channel so they probably will attract the chaff. Ray decided Michael Jackson was guilty on 31st January after listening to clearly a MJ hater go unchallenged on Liveline. The caller compared MJ to Hitler, brought up Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter and others. Joe let him go mostly unchecked, apart from the Hitler comment. The lying rant starts at ~40:45.

https://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2019/0131/20190131_rteradio1-liveline-liveline_cl10992706_10995105_261_/manifest.m3u8

Ray said right at the beginning of the show that he wouldn't play Michael's music ever again. Hadn't seen the show, nobody had outside of the Sundance festival. Didn't do any research, or fact checking. Just right there on the spot, made up his mind. He has no business being on the air.

Edit: And just so you know Ray, I decided there and then that I wouldn't listen to your show ever again. Had never watched his Saturday night TV show, never would.

Ray should check his own playlists... and delete where applicable...
    https://open.spotify.com/user/raydarcyshow/playlist/6lgu1CeB6lVQDfOdRgposa

Ray giving out about "terrible wastes of money".

The irony :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray is a dirty rat for letting that weasel Dan Reed on his show today. Channel 4 is a trashy channel so they probably will attract the chaff.

Dunno. I thought it was an interesting interview. Then again always thought that Wacko Jacko was a creep.

And I wouldn't have thought that C4 is as trashy as some stations. Enjoyed watching Derry Girls the last few nights - is that trashy too?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two boring peas in a pod

emma Hannagians dad didnt do much for me - a bit too south county Dublin / Brayish for me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Dunno. I thought it was an interesting interview. Then again always thought that Wacko Jacko was a creep.

And I wouldn't have thought that C4 is as trashy as some stations. Enjoyed watching Derry Girls the last few nights - is that trashy too?

I don't watch TV that much anymore but when I did channel 4 was always seen as more innovative and risqué than BBC or ITV. Unless something drastic has changed in the past twenty or so years, content wise there was always some quality programmes coming from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

goochy wrote: »
    emma Hannagians dad didnt do much for me - a bit too south county Dublin / Brayish for me

How exactly should he be ??? He's from South County Dublin, and his business is in Bray.
    Should he adopt a North County Dublin persona, maybe a Finglas/Naul attitude...

he wasnt that posh - but just a bit sure of himself - smug - this is from a Dub marooned in Cork - just reminded me why if though i am one myself i dont warm to alot of Dub/ Bray people

• Advertisement

Well it certainly wasn't for HBO. Ray is a dirty rat for letting that weasel Dan Reed on his show today.

I heard him on one of the American talk shows recently and he said "This is not about Michael Jackson, this is the story of two victims of abuse". Which I found about as believable as "It wasn't my idea to have a Jack Nicholson impersonator". Dan Reed's production begins and ends with Michael Jackson, if Jackson wasn't world famous then the documentary would not have been made.
    Ray said right at the beginning of the show that he wouldn't play Michael's music ever again.

I'd say at the family meeting that it was decided for him by Jenny mutually agreed that Michael Jackson was now a bad man. Knowing Ray, he will be back playing Michael Jackson records this time next year - he's never been a man to stick with his convictions

Remember when he first joined RTE and he refused to hand off to Cheltenham, or his "leaving the country". The only thing that he has actually stuck with is being a complete c**t to the Nuacht team.

Advertisement