Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Again, more good news for the plastic lovers, and more proof of WoT's influence.

307307.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is that one of the Models you glue your fingers to? :pac:

I was always rubbish at them, but I did tried my share of them. From where I came we had a "magazine", that you buy and glue together some models out of paper. Did some tanks out of it, was fun, but I was rubbish at it. It never stuck to me. :(
    I am more of a Lego man ( even now lol ) then model man.

edit: I would love something like this though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just played a 92% win match. We had 6 purple player (all 20K+ battles)
    Ended up being a 15-8 win. Just shows how silly those XVM stats really are. Battles played is not equal to skill level.

(I was an idiot and hit a wall while trying to outflank an M8A1 early on)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

What's this XVM you're all talking about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement

My first game in IS today. I have to say lucky! :D 9 Kills. I was the only one to survive vs 4. God bless big fat IS!

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=10891#personal

shot_004_zps729f758c.jpg

Guys, I was watching QuickyBabies videos on crew skills. I know for some good time that I did a huge mistake by skipping on sixth sense.
    I noticed that he drops some skills at 80-90% ( that dont need to be 100% to work ) and trains other skills. If I understand right, he just takes the benefit of the skill ( even if its not maxed out ), but he can train a second skill with no bouble xp needed penalty?
    Am I right, or I am just Drunk? :pac: I got 2 Crews with 99% wrong skills on comander right now. If I can drop training and go for Sixth sence, then I am going to be very happy.

I never did this droping mechanic. I presume you keep the skill that is being trained and you just select other skill to work on?

There are skills and there are perks.

Perks need 100%, and only then do they work, i.e. sixth sense, or safe stowage.

Skills give the benefit immediately, with the level it's trained to.

So yes, he can start learning a skill, get the benefit of it all along while doing so, then retrain, switch the XP to a perk at 100% to get the immediate use of that instead.

Spear wrote: »
    There are skills and there are perks.

Perks need 100%, and only then do they work, i.e. sixth sense, or safe stowage.

Skills give the benefit immediately, with the level it's trained to.

So yes, he can start learning a skill, get the benefit of it all along while doing so, then retrain, switch the XP to a perk at 100% to get the immediate use of that instead.

Cheers. I actually experimented with one of my crews there and now I know how it works. Just another question.

I know I can retrain crew to drive different tank, but when I retrain them for another tank, does that mean they lose ability to drive the tank they coming from, so they can drive new one, or is it stacks then and I can swap that crew for two tanks?

Cheers. I actually experimented with one of my crews there and now I know how it works. Just another question.

I know I can retrain crew to drive different tank, but when I retrain them for another tank, does that mean they lose ability to drive the tank they coming from, so they can drive new one, or is it stacks then and I can swap that crew for two tanks?

A crew is only trained for it's current tank, past tanks are forgotten. The exception is premium tanks, there's no penalty for crews of the same class of standard tanks to crew them. So you can't swap a crew between tanks without paying for retraining, or taking a significant hit in XP if you won't pay.

• Advertisement

A crew is only trained for it's current tank, past tanks are forgotten. The exception is premium tanks, there's no penalty for crews of the same class of standard tanks to crew them. So you can't swap a crew between tanks without paying for retraining, or taking a significant hit in XP if you won't pay.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

There are skills and there are perks.....

I currently got 5 TD crew's with Camo skill at >90%. Can't wait till I can get Sixth Sense on them. (Hellcat is at 98%)

Should I switch at 99% or at 100%? Does it even make a difference?

The skills costs the same, so switching at 99% means the sixth sense will end up at 99% too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if you have skill 1 as camo at 100%, you need your second skill, say repairs to be at about 45%, then drop the two skills, retrain the first one to 6th sense for 20k credits and that will be 100%, then you will be able to pick back up the second skill, say camo again, and that should be approx 16%.

6th sense makes a huge difference to tds and scouts, any class that likes to hide sometimes!

never bothered with it on my is4, went for bia instead.

on a sidenote, unlocked the t29 last night cuz my brother always rants and raves about how awsome it is. i skipped the e2 tier 6 tank and just free xp'd the t29. had the second top gun, engine, radio already unlocked from pershing.. what a tank, 6 games and i love it, and i dont even have the troll turret yet lol.

So I got my SU-152 Ace tanker badge:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/868248#murovanka-thespearman-su-152

The gameplay itself isn't too inspired, it's more a product of me having to be the scout....

If I peek out and find ISU -152 looking at me or turning to me, I imodiatly drop R gear and full speed hide. In my head I hear sirens and loud ABORT! ABORT! ABORT! Noise.
    That thing is lethal no matter what you drive.

I would love to get it and I have already tier 5 researched, but I don't want another Russian horse in my stables. Events like we have now really kick me in the balls, because I only have Russian decent variety of tanks. I am working towards tiger and glass cannon om German sides, but it's more of a part time venture right now.
    As I said before, I wanted to go British TD line for tier 10 tank, but the whole line is just horrible.
    Next on the list are American TD towards T95, or American heavy line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I've gone back to using the 152mm cannon on my SU-152 just for high explosive fun.

yeh the bl10 gun is still awsome.

have had some really great games in my 704, havent played it much since i unlocked the obj268 though (which i didnt bother buying)

back when there was only 2 nations in game, the bl10 was the best gun available.. thats why i chased it down first. now with the glass cannons the alpha damage is not as impressive. look at the 183mm on the tier10 british.. sucks against spaced armour though, had some douche in it putting low hits into my is4 last night, took out half my crew in 2 shots though. and modules lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Top gun on isu seems to have uncanny knack of hitting tracks .... when it hits though it makes people cry. It is fairly slow and does not bounce much either, so sixth sense is crucial.

yeh thats the bl10 gun.

avergae of about 700 damage on it

• Advertisement

Had a completely **** day in Wot. Quited in rage and gone off pc. Pure lose streak to a painful level.

Well, I calmed down. :D I love Wot, but sometimes it can push me to my sanity limits.
    The more I play, the more I turn in to "that guy", I hear whispers in my head, which tell me to kill all my team mates! I am not Great player, not even good by poorest standards, but I always try to learn something. I am getting the hang of hot spots on a lot of maps and where should I go when in particular type of tank.
    I am getting a lot better at map awareness, so I don't just do stuff blindly and play in part of the map I currently located, I adopt to situation. Checking enemy tank configuration and where bigger push happening, I will push weaker spot and encourage team mates to do it too.

Last night was something though... 2 times I just could not hold it in and burster in chat ( nothing super offensive, it was: "Wtf?! )

First incident: I play in IS ( tier 7) in tier 9 game. I went right in to "heavy conflict spot ". To my shock I was the only one there! I pinged on map and asked for help. All my heavy team mates went politely "negative"... Surely enough 4 enemy heavies rolled in. Shoted me being alone there and just sodomized me. I stayed to check how it ended and surely next artillery died in a pool of their own blood and piss and the rest of the team got flanked fro lm behind. I just typed in chat " Wtf happened to our heavies?! Did you all got brain fart?!". I am not proud of this, but my frustration level was on eleven.

Second incident: I am in IS in tier 8 game. Very beginning of the match. I rolled in and right away sow the most stupidest picture ever. One of those french go cart lights did a suicide sporting run and hid behind the corner from our Tiger. Both are few meters away from each other. So imagine that, our heavy tiger was hiding from a light tank and blocking other heavies from advancing, I was right behind him too! FUUUUUUU! I had to shout in chat " God dammit, you are heavy! It's a light tank! Move! Kill him!". By the time he did something the rest of the enemy team rolled in and took better positions with a complete information of our team location...

So yeah, ****y night last night, but I still can't wait to finish work and play a few matches again. :P

welcome to tomato town!! aka world of tanks.

fookers driving round in tier 10 tanks with like 400 efficiency and 18k games...

copeyhagen wrote: »
    welcome to tomato town!! aka world of tanks.

fookers driving round in tier 10 tanks with like 400 efficiency and 18k games...

I was wondering what the hell tomato soup can means in wot as it became a very popular slang. I know it perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Its been mentioned in the thread already, but turn off xvm, it will start you in a bad frame of mind (depressed or over excited). I have won a match where we had 25% win chance ... and in fact just 3 players (incl me) killed all the other team and 5 players on our team in tier 8 tanks (tier 9 game) did no damage.

If I had known the win chance was 25% I would probably have played much differently.

configure your xvm to NOT show chance to win when loading or when tab is pressed.

that way you cans till see which players on your team are competent but you wont know whether you have a + or - % chance to win, unless your team are purples and the enemy is tomato obviously!

but seriously, its way more fun.

Emm I never used it or ever will use that thing. I play full vanilla, even if it puts me in to disadvantage.
    I personally think all mods in wot are morally wrong.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Emm I never used it or ever will use that thing. I play full vanilla, even if it puts me in to disadvantage.
    Well anything that replaces skill/experience is not good.

I use XVM, my main reason is for the map markers. It a huge help to know where tanks where spotted or if a particular tanks is still unaccounted for. I found it frustrating to ask for a location in chat and get no response. FTR said that WG may introduce a version of this ingame in the future.

Regardless of their colour I just assume any enemy is better than me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As long as you don't get an unfair advantage I'm fine with mods.

Personally I run:
    XVM Map - Last location of spotted tanks
    Jimbo Crosshair - Looks better and got reload in seconds
    Icon mod - Color marks tanks as light/medium etc. on their icon
    Sound mods for better gun sound and Duke for for my tank
    Damage logs (to see what I've shot at and who's shot me)

Does any of the above give me an advantage? Not really. I can for example see that the Löwe over there used gold shells on me but it's not like I can stop him from using them. I can see if there's a specific tank I've done quite a bit of damage on but that simply means it's a tank I'll try to kill (to avoid sniping someone's else low health tank) if I got two tanks to choose from.

The only benefit one is really XVM Map as it shows the last location but that can also work against you as he tank will show at one position until spotted again (and can be at a completely different area) and it has been vetted and approved by Wargaming.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    As long as you don't get an unfair advantage I'm fine with mods.

Personally I run:
    XVM Map - Last location of spotted tanks
    Jimbo Crosshair - Looks better and got reload in seconds
    Icon mod - Color marks tanks as light/medium etc. on their icon
    Sound mods for better gun sound and Duke for for my tank
    Damage logs (to see what I've shot at and who's shot me)

Does any of the above give me an advantage? Not really. I can for example see that the Löwe over there used gold shells on me but it's not like I can stop him from using them. I can see if there's a specific tank I've done quite a bit of damage on but that simply means it's a tank I'll try to kill (to avoid sniping someone's else low health tank) if I got two tanks to choose from.

The only benefit one is really XVM Map as it shows the last location but that can also work against you as he tank will show at one position until spotted again (and can be at a completely different area) and it has been vetted and approved by Wargaming.

Colour coding - not an issue. Considering there are colour blind people it should be a default setting on any game.
    Croshairs - a massive grey area. I don't mind people changing shape or colours, but adding any information that is not there be default gives you advantage. Some of those things are complete piss take and I don't know how are they allowed. Something like crosshair, which shows weak spots on enemy tank. When I found out abouf such mod, I instantly went Wtf.
    Any map alterations that are not there by default is taking advantage. Making it bigger, showing your line of sight, last positions, even the names on the map of tanks and players. I am not saying that all of them bad for a game, some of them are very handy and should be by default. But this is a pvp game with mods. All that advantage to one player and non of it to other player makes it an unfair fight.

I don't care about a mod, which shows player skill or chance to win. It does not give advantage, but it is just generally stupid mod that does more harm then help.

Advertisement