Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tackle shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howsshecuttin

This is an excellent tackle shop! I buy all of my stuff here, Went in the tother day after a voblex, Of course they didn't have 'The Voblex' But he sure has hell had a great copy of one, The very same features, The only difference is There is no made in france sign on the spoon or there is no size but I think it is a ten, I have yet to try her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

This is an excellent tackle shop! I buy all of my stuff here, Went in the tother day after a voblex, Of course they didn't have 'The Voblex' But he sure has hell had a great copy of one, The very same features, The only difference is There is no made in france sign on the spoon or there is no size but I think it is a ten, I have yet to try her out!

whereabouts in longford is that shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howsshecuttin

whereabouts in longford is that shop?

I knew there'd be one! Beside the Anvil bar! Usually has music playing outside of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 andyd1976

I have rods/reels and lures that i am selling on adverts.ie a d fishing supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

got the above norwich spoons in there too last week:), wants photo of the big pike i gona catch:D.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the one in Greystones is pretty good. Opened recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dotpower

went in to clarkes sports den navan the other day....... very limited in what they have and if you want something in particular they'll try selling you other things instead.... cant recommend:(

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Not too sure if it is relevant to this thread. I was up on the Belgard road today and came across a store - Irish Liquidators beside DID Electrical. Just went in for a nosey around and they have a fishing section. There wasn't much in the way of lures but they had about 20 odd rods on a stand. Average per rod was around 50/60 euros and they looked good quality. Most of them were Carp rods from 9/10 - 13ft, there were some Spinning rods but couldn't see any Fly rods there. Thought this would be useful to a beginner or someone who would be looking for a spare rod. Obviously they are probably second hand but they were in really good condition so it's definitely worth a look. They also had 30lbs - 200m line for €5.

Forgot to mention they have a mark down price of 25% on the rods so they could be got for 35-50 euros at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Anglers Paradise now have an online shop up and running for orders ..

www.anglersparadise.ie

only 2 tackle shops in athlone now, the sad passing off gerry scully has left the shop un-opened since,
    RIP gerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

had a look at it,nothing here for the fly angler

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    Anglers Paradise now have an online shop up and running for orders ..

www.anglersparadise.ie

Have been doing all my shopping there soundest bunch of lads working there -true anglers always have the kettle on and willing to haggle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

East Coast Angling next door/round corner, serious shop for game anglers, very friendly staff, great selection of top quality flies imho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Ordered some stuff for my other half from www.fishingtackle2u.co.uk who are based in Belfast (as McKees Fishing tackle) Ordered Savage gear bushwhacker rod (XLNT 20-60g) and some savage gear sandeel lures which came to £60 for the lot (think the rod alone was about €90 in any shops he looked in here) He was like a child at Christmas when they arrived yesterday:rolleyes: Arrived in less than 48 hours to Cork. Was a bit dubious about ordering as I always am with sites I haven't ordered from before but it worked out well this time!! Thought they deserved a mention here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Just another mention for woodies (in cork on the tramore road anyway and possibly others). Was there awhile ago and they have a selection of reels reduced. Got myself a Vigor carp baitrunner reel for €9.99. Couldn't leave it behind for that and quality seems reasonable for the price even if i got a season out of it.

They had sea fishing pier type reels and a boat multiplier too for 7.99 and 17.49 respectively.

Might suit as stocking fillers for anyone starting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Anyone know of a decent shop to get a bit of sea fishing tackle in Shannon, Co. Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

hey lads, got back into fishing myself recently, mainly course and pike fishing, santa`s gettin me a fly rod so lookin forward to that:) anyways do any of ye have any opinions on the tackle shops in the limerick area? bonds on wickham street seems to be closed, iv been to steve normoyles place "i got worms" and the other place by the milk market owned by kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

bought an avet of this site, great prices and lots of quality gear

www.efishsell.com

its like ebay only its just fishing gear

• corrib tackle in galway is a good shop. sound bunch in there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭Mech1

New tackle shop just opened in Shankill.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/322087034517152/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thedosiletigh

Used to live around this area, just remember the big guy who owned Castlecoote Stores standing crossed armed outside his shop any time their were strangers in the area(well that was my thinking) looking like a man you would not cross. I never entered the shop as i didn't do fishing at the time but 2 friends of mine did enter and said there was a lot of fishing and shooting gear in there.

Beautiful and very picturesque village. A very old Telecom Eireann phone box, flowers everywhere, picnic benches. It has the river Suck running through it. Absolutely beautiful looking and meticulously maintained. The river is split in two with an island and there were boulders laid in perfect position on the island and to either side of it. There was always fly fishers wading in the water. If your in the area check it out. I used to stop there some days with my daughter on our way to Roscommon, to take a few minutes by the river. In fairness to the big looking guy who looked like he would bite the head off ya, he was accommodating with the use of a public toilet(v.clean) for my daughter he has beside his store.

Read this thread last night as i am thinking of taking up some sea/rock fishing this weekend. Need a hobby. Any how! didn't see him mentioned on the thread and for looks alone of the place and I would say it is him and his family who maintain the river, he deservedly deserves a mention. Its on the R366 road to Roscommon.

Got his details from a google search.

Castlecoote Stores
    Castlecoote Village
    Town Castlecoote
    County Roscommon
    Region Upper Shannon
    Tel (from int.) Outside Ireland: +353 90 6663394. Inside Ireland: 090 6663394. Mobile: 087 2236533
    Fax (from int.) Outside Ireland: +353 90 6663394. Inside Ireland: 090 6663394.
    Email oscarneilan@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 t2009

Ok heres my ten cens worth.1 - Halfway Angling,huge selection of stuff and very helpful owner, 2 - The Outdoor at the Magic Roundabout but i think they moved across the road,again big selection but a bit too chatty for me for example,ya goin for a cast boy? EMM.. I'M IN A TACKLE SHOP,where ya headin boy? LIKE I'M GONNA TELL YA! Anyway, 3 - Murrays,a good selection,good prices and a good lookin' brunette that works there now and again could sell me rainwater.4 - Bait All Tackle, in Fermoy,i've only found this little gem in the last year but it's right up there.The lady that owns it is very helpful and knows her stuff not the cheapest but worth a trip.All the rest i only visit if i'm caught out.If you want to just buy flys the the selection at Ballyhass Lakes Shop is huge and so are the prices of course.By the way Sharkys is closed,shut,gone, ball scratchers n all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

Amazonas Outdoor in Letterkenny. Just bought a rod off them. Very reasonable prices and do free delivery on a lot of items including rods :)

http://amazonas.town.ie/home

heading in to mullingar today anyone know if either of the tackle shops open on sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭TheBody

bayliner wrote: »
    heading in to mullingar today anyone know if either of the tackle shops open on sundays?

The new one beside Tesco is definitely closed on a Sunday. I've a feeling that the one on the main street is closed today too but I stand to correction on that.

TheBody wrote: »
    The new one beside Tesco is definitely closed on a Sunday. I've a feeling that the one on the main street is closed today too but I stand to correction on that.
    thanks, i was assuming both would be closed alright,havent been to the new one, was in o'malleys (think thats right:D) before alright but not for a yr or more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Was looking for a certain lure recently and found it on http://www.spinnersofkilleshandra.com/shop/. It's the online store of Spinners tackle shop in Killeshandra. Had a good look around and picked up plenty of bits and pieces I needed/wanted, including a few bits I had looked for elsewhere in the past and couldn't find.

The site won't win any awards but they have a great selection of gear, especially for piking. Everything I needed and more.
    Shipping was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

spinners of killeshandra is where i bought my first fly rod. its a little aladdins cave for lures alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Not Irish and not for your high end gear but sportsdirect.com have a large range of mostly affordable fishing bits and pieces.

Would be a good site to go to if someone was starting out or wanting to test the waters a bit without too much of an outlay (and knew exactly what they were looking for). Although I think everyone, beginner or not, would see something that they'd like there.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/fishing

Advertisement